Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 06-14-2012, 06:00 AM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam387 View Post
I can't really say either way. If there are a lot of calls, then you can make money. You're only making money if you're on the phone. Some calls will be by the minute, other calls will be based off what you sell. So, you may get $3.00 for a 10 minute call for one product, on the next you might be on the phone for 20 minutes and make $0.50. For me, they would have had to pay a lot more to go through the hassle of having to use their scripting. I can't imagine customers, even those that ordered, left with a good impression. Of course, I come from a customer service background more so than sales. It wasn't the pay that turned me off, but the actual work itself.

So, if I had it to do over, I wouldn't have spent the money to start. If you don't mind doing fairly hard sales, then you may want to do it. I don't like the idea of not knowing that I'll get paid for showing up. A small hourly amount plus commission would make it perfectly acceptable. As it was, I feel I had just as much earning potential with MTurk or something similar.
I completely agree with Adam. the scripts are beyond annoying and excessive. There is a particular product that was a soft sell on a commercial....let's say it was a smoking cessation product and you would spend like 10 minutes reading a script because the commercial lead it to be free....after reading for ten minutes (a terribly cheesy script and asking a bunch of dumb questions), you would then tell them that the unit was free but that they had to pay for the cartridges to put in them. I sold ZERO of those.....and received literally hundreds of calls for it...a complete waste of time.

But overall, there is money to be made on the other types of calls, for the most part. But, be prepared to encounter angry customers who cancel their entire order from time to time because you are trying to sell them way too many things. One upsell, one club? Ok. But when you have to start upselling your upsells, it becomes excessive.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2012, 11:37 AM
Registered WAHM

All are very true. I almost lost a sale (even though he could barely hear me, due to my old computer, hehe), because I was practically begging the man, according to the script, to pay for more things that he really did not want. Also, being pinged by the shift managers during a call, which throws me off my reading game altogether, was very distracting and depending on the tone of the words...discouraging. There are people who are making great money there and doing fantastic, I do wish them all the best of luck and whomever might apply there too.
Old 06-15-2012, 08:43 PM
WAHM Regular

I have a non-sales job with them and I absolutely LOVE it. So they do different things from time to time. Just need to talk to them and see what they have available for you - my position wasn't advertised.