Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Telecommuting

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 11:30 AM
WAHM Regular

Oakling:
Did you mention, you did 20 sxs /hour?wow!!! thats just amazing, i can barely get five done in a hour?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2007, 11:53 AM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatie

Oakling:
Did you mention, you did 20 sxs /hour?wow!!! thats just amazing, i can barely get five done in a hour?
I was wondering the same thing. I'm lucky to get 5 an hour, too. I mean, you're looking at 10-20 different sites for each of those tasks, that certainly takes time... 20 an hour doesn't seem possible.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:14 PM
WAHM Regular

Send a message via AIM to oakling

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbeysmom
I was wondering the same thing. I'm lucky to
get 5 an hour, too. I mean, you're looking at 10-20 different sites
for each of those tasks, that certainly takes time... 20 an hour
doesn't seem possible.
i know, right? 20 an hour was really hard. And kind of arbitrary. It was pretty much the maximum that I could possibly do in an hour, and I was afraid both of not getting the bonus and of getting in trouble for not doing enough in general (even though I've never gotten a productivity warning or anything because I thought the bonus implied that they wanted us to be doing more than we were. So I basically tried to go full throttle for 40 hours a week out of fear!

I have started doing Workaholics Anonymous which is a great program for learning about my patterns at work and where I overwork or underwork and why. And one of the things I am learning in the process is that unless I have very clear communication to the contrary, I tend to assume I am not doing enough and that I am going to get in trouble. And then I overwork out of fear. And of course this is a great job for doing that because there's practically zero communication - I am not even sure I've ever talked to the person they list as my manager on the timesheet, and when I asked for some idea of how many SxS tasks to do in an hour for the bonus they just said that they expected a reasonable speed based on everyone else's speed. It's only now occurring to me that this isn't necessarily a reasonable reply... that it's a great deal like the office job I used to have where I couldn't get clear expectations out of them no matter what I did!

It's not possible to do 20 SxS tasks an hour if you click through to each result. It's pretty easy on the occasions when the sides are nearly identical and you just have to decide whether you'd rather have A or B somewhere. When I was doing 20 I did a lot based just on snippets... I had been doing 2-3 an hour without complaint from them, mind you. And then I figured that if they wanted me to go faster maybe they didn't want me to be QUITE so careful about judging every single result. Now I am not sure what they care about! Maybe it helps them to have a lot of different perspectives and styles of rating. Maybe no one is checking up on our work at all! [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]
Old 07-30-2007, 12:42 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
But anyway, it is supposed to take them a couple of paychecks to get that set up so maybe it wouldn't have made a difference.
oakling did you sign up for direct deposit when you sent in your other forms? Or did you set up up direct deposit later? I don't think it should take a couple of paychecks to set up direct deposit when I sent them the info a month ago with my other hiring forms.

Old 07-30-2007, 01:29 PM
WAHM Regular

Send a message via AIM to oakling

I set it up late. (I tried to set it up initially but it turned out the voided check I faxed had slipped and not come through right, and it didn't occur to anyone to say "gee, this person sent direct deposit paperwork and half a check, maybe we should tell her that we need another check"!) But I think the paperwork I got at the time said that it would take them a few pay cycles to get direct deposit set up. I don't know if they do it by pay cycles or by regular weeks, or if it's changed by now!
Old 07-30-2007, 01:48 PM
WAHM Regular

Ok, that makes me feel better because I know mine got through. I too tried to send just the voided check through the fax machine and it got stuck, so the woman at Staples went and copied it for me onto a regular piece of paper and I resent it.

Foranyone else who has direct deposit and who signed up right away - did you have to wait or is that how you got your first pay?
Old 07-30-2007, 04:52 PM
WAHM Regular

They told us up front it would be around 3 paychecks before the direct deposit started to work. (Maybe this was in the teleconference; I forget.)
Old 07-30-2007, 05:03 PM
WAHM Regular

nekochan did you sign up for direct deposit right away, or how do you get your pay? Did you get paper checks for the first three weeks even though you signed up for direct deposit right away? if so, when did you get your checks, still on Thursday?
Old 07-30-2007, 05:03 PM
WAHM Regular

nekochan did you sign up for direct deposit right away, or how do you get your pay? Did you get paper checks for the first three weeks even though you signed up for direct deposit right away? if so, when did you get your checks, still on Thursday? (They
Old 07-30-2007, 06:26 PM
WAHM Regular

I signed up right away, with the paperwork I submitted at the beginning. I got paper checks the first few times. I don't remember exactly what day they showed up.

Closed Thread