Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-08-2012, 12:24 PM
Registered WAHM
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 12
Default Pearson test scoring

Hi again everyone,

A few months ago I asked a few questions about scoring jobs through Pearson and several people told me they had received a reply to their application within several months of applying with scoring offers.

I have reapplied every single year and have yet to receive an offer at all. The reason for my starting this thread is that I am wondering if anyone got any scoring offers from Pearson back in January/February. If so, please let me know.

I already have over five years of test scoring experience with ETS and I am currently still employed with them. I also scored for another testing program locally for about a year prior to working for ETS.

Thanks for any advice or comments you can give me about this.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03-08-2012, 03:25 PM
blueblue's Avatar
WAHM Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location:
Posts: 1,984
Default

Normally, I reapply every year but for some reason something always prevents me from accepting the position. To be honest, I don't think they like for you to reapply every year. It even says that in the application. I applied in Nov 2011 even though I knew they don't accept new applications and guess what? I haven't heard ANYTHING from them!! On the other hand, wahtestscorer, normally they still have positions available in Mar and April!!!! Be hopeful!
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03-08-2012, 04:05 PM
Registered WAHM
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueblue View Post
Normally, I reapply every year but for some reason something always prevents me from accepting the position. To be honest, I don't think they like for you to reapply every year. It even says that in the application. I applied in Nov 2011 even though I knew they don't accept new applications and guess what? I haven't heard ANYTHING from them!! On the other hand, wahtestscorer, normally they still have positions available in Mar and April!!!! Be hopeful!
Hi Blueblue,

I remember you telling me you had applied several times before in this thread, and you told me that if I hadn't heard anything in a year or so that I should reapply. That's why I did so. The last time I applied was in 2009, I think.

Anywho, thank you for replying to my post. If I don't hear anything, I won't worry about it. I'll look for something else.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03-08-2012, 06:54 PM
Rhyahcf's Avatar
Super WAHM
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: United States
Posts: 355
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahtestscorer View Post
Hi again everyone,

I have reapplied every single year and have yet to receive an offer at all. The reason for my starting this thread is that I am wondering if anyone got any scoring offers from Pearson back in January/February. If so, please let me know.

I already have over five years of test scoring experience with ETS and I am currently still employed with them. I also scored for another testing program locally for about a year prior to working for ETS.

Thanks for any advice or comments you can give me about this.
I applied for Pearson back in either 2008 or 2009 and scored for two years. Last year I didn't hear anything from them about scoring and figured maybe they were moving on to a new batch of scorers. But this year I received an offer in February to score something coming up next month. Not sure how they choose scorers, but do they have any sort of non-compete thing? Maybe you being currently employed with the other company is an issue? I don't really know. That's the only thing I can think of that might be putting your app on the back burner. Companies are weird like that.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 03-08-2012, 07:12 PM
Registered WAHM
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyahcf View Post
I applied for Pearson back in either 2008 or 2009 and scored for two years. Last year I didn't hear anything from them about scoring and figured maybe they were moving on to a new batch of scorers. But this year I received an offer in February to score something coming up next month. Not sure how they choose scorers, but do they have any sort of non-compete thing? Maybe you being currently employed with the other company is an issue? I don't really know. That's the only thing I can think of that might be putting your app on the back burner. Companies are weird like that.
The application is more like a survey that asks you questions about your experience and such - it did not ask me for my employment history. With the experience I have I thought I'd have a chance of getting on, but I think I'm going to just give up for awhile. I'm lucky to have what I do have even though I don't make a whole lot of money with ETS.

A few years ago I remember talking to this one scoring leader when I was working and she told me she worked for both ETS and Pearson. So I don't know. =/
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 03-08-2012, 07:23 PM
a2h9bb's Avatar
WAHM Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 60
Default

I heard from them early this year and I start next week doing testing. They have contacted me every year, at least twice a year now, for openings. I have been with them for roughly 5 years now.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 03-08-2012, 09:56 PM
chicagomom's Avatar
WAHM Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: United States
Posts: 74
Default Pearson/I am disappointed

I have been with them for six years, scoring math for the Illinois ( ISAT) tests. I did so well that they had me scoring in Spanish, too.
Last year, I was hired again for math, but then they told me that they had enough workers, and wanted me to score reading and writing.
I am not able to score those with accuracy, as my brain works best with the quantitative work, not rubrics, etc.
I had an email several months ago asking if I could score math, but now have found that they have filled all the slots already. I am very disappointed, as I had very high validity ratings....
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 07-27-2012, 05:44 AM
Registered WAHM
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 7
Default I applied and recieved offer however...

I responded to our local paper "JOBS USA" for project testing with Pearsons earlier this week and was offered to work a 6 day 6 hour project beginning August 6th however I am not able to go to orientation at the stated time because I have a Job interview at our state Attorney Generals office downtown at 2 p.m. and not able to reschedule it.
Unfortunately if you are not able to attend you are removed for any future projects with Pearsons.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off