Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 03-08-2012, 12:24 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Pearson test scoring

Hi again everyone,

A few months ago I asked a few questions about scoring jobs through Pearson and several people told me they had received a reply to their application within several months of applying with scoring offers.

I have reapplied every single year and have yet to receive an offer at all. The reason for my starting this thread is that I am wondering if anyone got any scoring offers from Pearson back in January/February. If so, please let me know.

I already have over five years of test scoring experience with ETS and I am currently still employed with them. I also scored for another testing program locally for about a year prior to working for ETS.

Thanks for any advice or comments you can give me about this.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2012, 03:25 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Normally, I reapply every year but for some reason something always prevents me from accepting the position. To be honest, I don't think they like for you to reapply every year. It even says that in the application. I applied in Nov 2011 even though I knew they don't accept new applications and guess what? I haven't heard ANYTHING from them!! On the other hand, wahtestscorer, normally they still have positions available in Mar and April!!!! Be hopeful!
Old 03-08-2012, 04:05 PM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueblue View Post
Normally, I reapply every year but for some reason something always prevents me from accepting the position. To be honest, I don't think they like for you to reapply every year. It even says that in the application. I applied in Nov 2011 even though I knew they don't accept new applications and guess what? I haven't heard ANYTHING from them!! On the other hand, wahtestscorer, normally they still have positions available in Mar and April!!!! Be hopeful!
Hi Blueblue,

I remember you telling me you had applied several times before in this thread, and you told me that if I hadn't heard anything in a year or so that I should reapply. That's why I did so. The last time I applied was in 2009, I think.

Anywho, thank you for replying to my post. If I don't hear anything, I won't worry about it. I'll look for something else.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:54 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahtestscorer View Post
Hi again everyone,

I have reapplied every single year and have yet to receive an offer at all. The reason for my starting this thread is that I am wondering if anyone got any scoring offers from Pearson back in January/February. If so, please let me know.

I already have over five years of test scoring experience with ETS and I am currently still employed with them. I also scored for another testing program locally for about a year prior to working for ETS.

Thanks for any advice or comments you can give me about this.
I applied for Pearson back in either 2008 or 2009 and scored for two years. Last year I didn't hear anything from them about scoring and figured maybe they were moving on to a new batch of scorers. But this year I received an offer in February to score something coming up next month. Not sure how they choose scorers, but do they have any sort of non-compete thing? Maybe you being currently employed with the other company is an issue? I don't really know. That's the only thing I can think of that might be putting your app on the back burner. Companies are weird like that.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:12 PM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyahcf View Post
I applied for Pearson back in either 2008 or 2009 and scored for two years. Last year I didn't hear anything from them about scoring and figured maybe they were moving on to a new batch of scorers. But this year I received an offer in February to score something coming up next month. Not sure how they choose scorers, but do they have any sort of non-compete thing? Maybe you being currently employed with the other company is an issue? I don't really know. That's the only thing I can think of that might be putting your app on the back burner. Companies are weird like that.
The application is more like a survey that asks you questions about your experience and such - it did not ask me for my employment history. With the experience I have I thought I'd have a chance of getting on, but I think I'm going to just give up for awhile. I'm lucky to have what I do have even though I don't make a whole lot of money with ETS.

A few years ago I remember talking to this one scoring leader when I was working and she told me she worked for both ETS and Pearson. So I don't know. =/
Old 03-08-2012, 07:23 PM
WAHM Regular

I heard from them early this year and I start next week doing testing. They have contacted me every year, at least twice a year now, for openings. I have been with them for roughly 5 years now.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:56 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Pearson/I am disappointed

I have been with them for six years, scoring math for the Illinois ( ISAT) tests. I did so well that they had me scoring in Spanish, too.
Last year, I was hired again for math, but then they told me that they had enough workers, and wanted me to score reading and writing.
I am not able to score those with accuracy, as my brain works best with the quantitative work, not rubrics, etc.
I had an email several months ago asking if I could score math, but now have found that they have filled all the slots already. I am very disappointed, as I had very high validity ratings....
Old 07-27-2012, 05:44 AM
Registered WAHM

Default I applied and recieved offer however...

I responded to our local paper "JOBS USA" for project testing with Pearsons earlier this week and was offered to work a 6 day 6 hour project beginning August 6th however I am not able to go to orientation at the stated time because I have a Job interview at our state Attorney Generals office downtown at 2 p.m. and not able to reschedule it.
Unfortunately if you are not able to attend you are removed for any future projects with Pearsons.