Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 11-28-2011, 10:22 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Content Screener (IL / IN only)

We have a diverse and talented team of employees who come to us from many kinds of backgrounds. We have an immediate need for Content Screeners to work from home part time.

The Position:

Do you want to work part time and contribute to an important service? We're looking for people to screen online condolence messages in accordance with established guidelines. Positions start at $10/hour.

Legacy.com hosts online obituary sections for newspapers. Each of these obituaries includes an online Guest Book where friends and family can submit messages to express their condolences or share their memories. The primary task of this position is to read these messages before they are posted online to ensure that inappropriate or offensive material does not appear in the Guest Book.

Available Shifts:

All shifts are 20 hours/week, 5 four-hour shifts except the Friday through Monday shift which is 16 hours/week, 4 four-hour shifts; all are Central time:

2 p.m.- 6 p.m.: Friday Monday; or Sunday - Thursday; or Tuesday - Saturday
6 p.m. - 10 p.m.: Tuesday - Saturday

Telecommuting Requirements:

You must meet all telecommuting requirements in order to apply:

* A personal computer;
* High-speed Internet access (cable, DSL) in the home.
* Must not have any conflicting responsibilities during shifts such as being the primary caregiver for a young child or an elderly person
* Residency in Illinois or Indiana only.

The ideal candidate has strong reading and decision-making skills, is self-motivated, fluent with email and the Internet, and has strong attention to detail.
To Apply

Please send a resume and cover letter to the e-mail address below. In your cover letter, please indicate your shift preference and explain why you want to work part-time. Through experience, we have found that this position is too demanding in terms of the nature of the work and the time it takes for many people to hold in addition to a full-time job.

Benefits:

Legacy.com offers a very generous and comprehensive salary and benefits package to its part-time employees, including:

* Paid Time Off
* 401k plan, with discretionary company match
* RTA and CTA pre-tax payroll deductions
* Employee Assistance Program, with financial and legal connection services
* Vision Discount Program
* Friendly, team-oriented, open environment

Legacy.com is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or disability.

IMPORTANT: We only accept Illinois or Indiana residents.

See Full Job Details

Last edited by Jen; 11-30-2011 at 10:17 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2011, 03:42 AM
WAHM Master

This sounds like a good job for someone living in one of the required states.
Old 11-29-2011, 04:47 AM
WAHM Regular

I know. It sounds great. Trouble is, I live in CT. Looks like they're not hiring here.

Laurie
Old 11-29-2011, 05:33 AM
WAHM Regular

Default content screener

It would be nice to put the state restriction in the title so if you don't live in those states you won't read it.
Old 11-29-2011, 10:15 AM
WAHM Regular

I live in IN. so I am going to apply. Will let you all know how it goes. And, yes it would be nice to have it posted in the title if it's for specific states only. That way if you don't live in those states you won't see a good opportunity that you can't get.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:10 PM
Registered WAHM

Default I'd be perfect...

...if only you'd consider some other Midwestern states! My background in the newspaper biz, including writing and editing (including obituaries), seems like a perfect fit. I'll keep my fingers crossed and keep checking that perhaps you'll expand into other areas.

Tags
content screener, part time, part time jobs, proof reader