Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 11-17-2011, 08:38 AM
WAHM Regular

Smile Hello, nice to meet everyone, I have a ? Hope u can help :)

Hi ladies and gents,

Im slightly new here, well Ive not been here in a few yrs anyway and its nice to be back and see that there are so many great opportunities for those of us who want to work from home. For someone like me who wants to start a new chapter in life this will teach me so much and offer a lot of support and Im def looking forward to this!

Ive been doing a lot of soul searching, thinking and praying and now Ive come to a decision to leave my current job. Ive worked at the same place for the last almost 2 yrs working in sales, setting appointments. I love the job, I just dont love the schedule Ive dealt with in the last 6/7 months (2:30pm-9:30pm) because I have family (2 beautiful kids and hubby) that Im missing out on. I took a promotion knowing I would have to sacrifice my wants for my needs but didnt know that it would take this long for them to offer dayshift to me, still havnt heard a thing yet about it. And the environment isnt what Ide hoped, theres a lot more to be said there but its a long story. Lets just say the supervisor doesnt take on the duties of a supervisor, he's letting someone else take on those duties, a lady who also makes calls as the rest of us do but she handles payroll as well. She is honestly the most disrespectful "superviser wannabe" Ive come in contact with and she isnt the least bit encourgaing or nurturing in the way she handles concerns for our team members, not to mention shes very hippocritical and all the while our superviser see this and does nothing, Im at the end of my rope.

Now heres my question, I really want to stick with the line of work Im used to (sales, appointment setting, customer service). Right now I feel as though I may not have many options because I dont have landline phone. Ive gone through the lists offered here (which are terrific!) and hit a roadblock everytime with the requirement for landline phone. I honestly have everything else needed but that. See we had landline phone before but my wonderful husband somehow cut the line?? Love him dearly but sometimes...... Anyway, do any of you have experience working for a company that allows VoiP or cell phone usage??

I thank you all so much for taking the time to read this and for any help offered
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2011, 10:24 AM
Super WAHM

sending you a pm
Old 11-17-2011, 11:39 AM
Grand WAHM

I'd really recommend investing in getting your land line phone fixed. If you get a land line phone, it would open up a lot more potential employment opportunities. And if you're hired as a contractor and use that land line strictly for your job, you can write off the full cost as a business expense.
Old 11-17-2011, 12:26 PM
WAHM Regular

I have looked at a lot of work from home companies, most of which do customer support, tech support, sales, etc. and every one that I have come across requires a landline phone. There are some good ones to look into: Arise, LiveOps, Convergys, Cloud 10. But, they all require a landline phone. I don't think there will be very many options, if any, for any type of customer support, tech support, etc. jobs without one. I know most of them specifically state that VOIP is not allowed. So, it would be a good idea to get your landline up and running then you will be able to apply at a lot of different companies and have a better chance at getting one of these types of jobs.
Old 11-17-2011, 12:34 PM
Registered WAHM

Default are you working from home?

I am applying to every WAH job on here...was the company you were working for from home? I am scared I"m going to get caught up in a really bad situation with one of these companies because I have no at home experience.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:51 PM
WAHM Regular

Default thanks everyone

I know you guys are right about me getting the landline set up....from what I can tell its going to be necessary. I was really hoping in the meantime I could start applying at places that didnt require it since I just dont have the money to get that set up yet so I guess maybe Im a little impatient. lol And there really doesnt seem to be any that dont require it. Thanks for the help
Old 11-17-2011, 01:55 PM
WAHM Regular

Default raising2babiesalone

I wasnt working from home, Im actually new to this as well and have the same worries as you. But for whatever reason I feel as though everything will be just fine and I will find something. Im not giving up hope for anything and you shouldnt either
Old 11-18-2011, 08:27 PM
WAHM Master

Sending you a pm -)
Old 11-20-2011, 06:30 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Yes, you will definitely find something... there are tons of job positions on here. Have you thought about writing? This way you can use the money to invest in a landline phone. Just a thought!
Old 11-20-2011, 08:20 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Thanks Blue

Thats an excellent suggestion, Im just not sure if Im much of a writer. When I think of one who does freelance writing (if thats even right), I think of someone who has some experience in it. Maybe my assumption is wrong, Im just not sure Im creative enough for that. But who knows, maybe I oughtta do a bit more research, it might really supplement our income and help out a lot. Thanks again!