Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 10-05-2011, 04:52 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarky View Post
Thanks for the tips. I'm thinking of taking a TESOL course but it's quite expensive.
I would look at this: http://www.ed2go.com/online_courses/...Education.html

There are various certificate courses available at a very reasonable cost. It is a very credible program, affiliated with many colleges. I haven't taken any of these courses, but I am also considering the TESL courses.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2011, 08:31 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorygirl View Post
I would look at this: ed2go Online Courses - Teaching and Education

There are various certificate courses available at a very reasonable cost. It is a very credible program, affiliated with many colleges. I haven't taken any of these courses, but I am also considering the TESL courses.

Thanks, I've checked both and it seems that if you add up the cost of all the separate ed2go courses needed they add up to apprx the same cost and hours as the TESOL package. Still researching the quality of each.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:11 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsf View Post
Just from looking at the example videos on their website it looks like a great job. Do you currently work there?
I left because I had another job that conflicted with the schedule - but the team support is incredible. They offer training, they pay you the day after pay day cut off. They pay well and offer incentives and the learners are great. I wish that somehow I could have stayed.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:12 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorygirl View Post
Don't you have to be fluent in Spanish as well as English to work for Open English?
Yes, Spanish is helpful for any job. But they offer refresher courses - for free !
Old 10-05-2011, 12:43 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Applied with Englishunt but Open English site is apparently under construction. I'll keep checking back.
Here is a link to the job application for OpenEnglish:

http://fs11.formsite.com/nicmoreno/a...ion/index.html
Old 10-05-2011, 01:24 PM
WAHM Regular

Cool beans, Ivorygirl, thanks. After checking their requirements, I'm afraid my minimal Spanish language skills won't be sufficient.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:26 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Cool beans, Ivorygirl, thanks. After checking their requirements, I'm afraid my minimal Spanish language skills won't be sufficient.
You're welcome!

That is my problem, also. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to apply anyway, since the worst that could happen is that they won't hire you!
I also noticed that they prefer tutor availability from 8-midnight, which doesn't really work for me, either, but may not be a problem for you.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:41 AM
WAHM Regular

Yeah, since my tutoring at VLE can start as early as 5 am, I'm trying not to schedule any late night hours if possible.

Some of you might be interested in TalkBean. I registered but didn't hear anything back. Y'all might have better luck.
Old 10-14-2011, 05:32 AM
WAHM Regular

So...I started with Innodial Communications today (see previous posts in this thread). So far so good. I initially wanted to do both VLE and Innodial but the schedule didn't work for me -- the morning shifts run concurrently, 5/6am-11am. One thing I appreciate about Innodial is that the pay is hourly, plus incentives, regardless of how many lessons you teach. VLE pays you per lesson taught, which during a slow period is not much money. I'm so excited! I'm praying that this works out for the long term .
Old 10-14-2011, 06:51 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsf View Post
So...I started with Innodial Communications today (see previous posts in this thread). So far so good. I initially wanted to do both VLE and Innodial but the schedule didn't work for me -- the morning shifts run concurrently, 5/6am-11am. One thing I appreciate about Innodial is that the pay is hourly, plus incentives, regardless of how many lessons you teach. VLE pays you per lesson taught, which during a slow period is not much money. I'm so excited! I'm praying that this works out for the long term .
Best of luck to you! I am training today for VLE. I'm not sure if this will work for me or not, for various reasons. Keep us posted on how things go with Innodial.