Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-18-2011, 11:43 AM
WAHM Regular

Question Looking for a "real" legit work at home job

Hi everyone,

I haven't been here in a long time. In the past I've tried several work at home opportunities but NONE of them actually earned me money...they all cost me money!

I am looking for a real way to earn supplement income. Times are hard...I don't have money to spend I'm looking for a way to earn money to help us make ends meet. My husband and I both work full time but we are still living paycheck to paycheck and can't seem to get ahead.

Please let me know of opportunities that do not cost me money. That are legit. Actually earn money.

I look forward to hearing from those of you that are truly honest in your earnings.

Thank you.

Caroljane
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2011, 12:59 PM
WAHM Regular

Default You Should Not Pay

Unless you are wanting a business opportunity, you should never pay for a job at home. There are a lot of good leads on this forum. It all depends on what type of work you want to do, but keep in mind, it will be work. Working at home does not mean "easy work." Send me a message if you want more information and suggestions.
Old 09-18-2011, 02:38 PM
Grand WAHM

Caroljane,

Tracidb80 is 100% correct: "Unless you are wanting a business opportunity, you should never pay for a job at home."

There are lots of positions posted in this section of the forum and new ones are posted every day. If something is a scam, people are usually pretty quick to speak up about it on here.

Legitimate jobs and opportunities are free to apply for. The best advice I can give is never pay an up front fee.

Good luck and hope you find something very soon.
Old 09-18-2011, 03:31 PM
WAHM Regular

It does take some time, but I suggest searching this forum under different folders and especially this one, because I have found some great opportunities on this board. There are some companies that may require you to pay a background check fee but that is about it. It also depends on what you are looking for, I suggest if you look in some of the company folders like Teletech, and etc, you can check out their application process or also over at Ratracebellion.com.

hope this helps!
Old 09-20-2011, 05:35 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Default Apply, Apply, Apply

Check this forum daily and apply for what you are qualified. Being persistent and proactive is how you succeed in your search.I do medical transcription for a local Dr PT and I also work Demand Studios. I'm not a millionaire but I can manage to pay my bills. Always keep your options open and don't rely on one company. It's best to have a few eggs in your basket in case one doesn't work out.
Old 09-20-2011, 06:01 PM
Awesome WAHM

Some call center jobs have employees pay for the background check but this is after a few interviews and being hired. Other than that you should not pay for anything, especially for information.

I have a blog that i post work at home advice and many job leads. The link is below in my signature.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:06 PM
WAHM Regular

Just keep looking on this site, and don't give up! It does take time to find jobs, but do odd and end things on the side while you are looking. And like the others said, do not put all your eggs in one basket.... always have a second or third to use for back ups in case something happens or does not work out!
Old 09-21-2011, 04:44 AM
WAHM Regular

Thank you everyone for your input. I will certainly investigate this site further. I have clicked on several of your recommendations and will definitely look into them. I don't mind doing more than one if they truly earn some money.

Thank you again for all comments and help!!

Have a great day.

Carol
Old 09-21-2011, 05:38 AM
Registered WAHM

Hi Carol Jane,

Legit work at home opportunities are out there. I started looking about a month ago and now I have two-part time positions that I work from home. I am a full-time college student and I can work these around my school schedule. I read the forum and other forums suggested on this site for awhile before I applied to any jobs. I updated my resume as well. I had other offers but I had to decline because of my school schedule. You just have to research and apply to the jobs you are qualified to do. I wish you the best of luck!
Old 09-21-2011, 06:48 AM
WAHM Regular

I created a website with legitimate work from home programs that are free. Contact me for more information.