Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-07-2011, 01:25 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Jobs for the Disabled and my story

Hello all! 
I am new and I hope this is the correct place to post!

My name is Lori and I am from Indiana! Thanks for having me

I know, in this day and age, no matter where you live, we are all feeling the effects of a strained economy, loss of jobs and increased cost of living.

It is the regular stress around this house for sure, as I know in most homes.

My goal of posting here today is that I hope my post can in some way help someone like myself even with just giving someone a sense of hope!
Online forums like this were so helpful to me!

My story (bear with me I might ramble!! )Ö..I am 33 years old and have been on Social security disability since 2005. Not in my life's plan of course. always was a high achiever/perfectionist type in my life.

Well long story short, my social security benefits check was a blessing but lately not enough to the pay the bills with the increase cost of everything from gas to food to medical care. Plus when going on Disability I lost my sense of self-worth and self-esteem too 

If anyone of out there (or a friend or family member) is currently disabled and looking for work, I wanted to share my personal story and also my knowledge of available jobs both from home and nationwide for this section of the population.

The federal government (I guess they can do good things at times- vote still out though for me ha ha) created a work program for the disabled on social security benefits called 'Ticket to Work'. It is a free voluntary program designed to help social security disability clients to overcome barriers to employment and return to the workforce or just supplement their income.

Any person who receives either SSDI (Social security disability income) or SSI (supplemental security income) benefits from social security, are automatically eligible for this program but the program is voluntary!

The Ticket to Work program for me was life changing. I am on disability benefits as I stated above and the program allowed me to supplement my disability income every month, gain myself esteem back, keep my disability check AND my healthcare (Medicare). I have a sense of self-esteem again, I am contributing to society and itís just a win-win!!!!!!!!!!!

So why am I sharing this with you? There are thousands and thousands of people who receive SSDI or SSI benefits from social security each month who have no idea that this free program is there for them and struggling to make it.

I was helped in so many ways by Ticket to work and now my goal now is to 'give it back" and help others in a similar situation. I feel knowledge is power and I try to get the word out everywhere I can.

Ticket to Work is a voluntary program and any person who is approved for or receiving SSDI or SSI benefits now gets a 'ticket.' They can use this ticket to get free job placement and employment services from Certified agencies.

I donít want to go on and on and but I wanted to share this with you in case any moms or dads on here are receiving Social security benefits but looking to earn income. I know they are all over the country and often feel left out or powerless.

I now work for Employment Options, the same company that helped me, just a short time ago. so I want to do the same for others. Share my knowledge with them. I would be happy to answer questions, explain more about the program ,etc.

Employment Options is currently recruiting for over 300+ (yes 300+) works at home jobs. We partner already with national employers (many of which are listed on this forum). We have part time and full time positions;

We also can place Social security clients in jobs outside the home in your own local community.
If you are on SSDI or SSI non retirement and need extra income, at least check the program details out and what it can do for you.

I know there are rules about URL's so I will just give out our auto reply informational email address and that will lead you to our website and any other information you need.

[email protected] (please dont email me or resumes at this address) just for informational purposes. auto reply will come back to you about us!

If you are on SSDI or SSI non retirement benefits and want to see if you can qualify for our free services, follow this link and complete a prequalify form

Maximus is the company that manages the Ticket to Work program. Anyone can call them and they will verify for that we are a certified employment Network and so can the Social security Administration. Contact Maximus @ 866.968.7842 or

I was a client of Employment Options first and foremost and the help they provided me was free and it changed my life for the better. I am now working part time out of my house, using my skills and contributing to society. My prayers were answered!
If you have questions or want to talk more in private, you can reach me several ways:
I am always an open door whether someone just needs a cyber-hug, a shoulder or wants to know more about Jobs for the Disabled.

My information:
Lori Adler
Email: [email protected]
Yahoo messenger ([email protected]) - just state that you saw me on WAHm.com forum
800-441-3114 ext. 763
For those of you who read this far, THANK YOU! If you are not on SSDI or SSI benefits, our jobs wouldnít work for you. I wish we could employ every job seeker but we canít!
However, we love to help job seekers so you can email us at @ [email protected] for a full list of job resources that we recommended!
I wish you all the very best!
Thank you so much for taking the time to read my post!
Lori Adler
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2011, 01:36 PM
Grand WAHM

Smile

Hey Lori thank you for sharing & Welcome to wahm ~Amy
Old 09-07-2011, 01:40 PM
WAHM Addict

Smile

Hi, Lori! Welcome to Wahm.com! I'm so glad you found us and posted! My sister will probably have to apply for disability benefits, and I'm so happy to know she would have some options to continue working. She loves to work, and it would be very hard for her to give it up completely.

Thanks again and I wish you many blessings!

Blinky :-)
Old 09-07-2011, 02:58 PM
Grand WAHM

Hi Lori and welcome to the forum. I'm also glad you posted that. It was a very inspirational post. And I imagine it will help others like blinky's sister.
Old 09-07-2011, 02:59 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Thank you for the warm welcome!

Thank you ladies for welcoming me

I truly appreciate it!

I hope in some way small or big i can provide some useful or helpful information to people out there.

Or at least let someone know that if they are struggling with illness or stress in life, they are never alone

talk soon
LORI
Old 09-07-2011, 06:32 PM
WAHM Addict

Hi Lori, I want to welcome you to wahm and also thank you my hubby has been out of work since Sept 09 when he was forced to retire early from his job he had a pacemaker/defibrillator put in and hasn't been able to drive truck since then, we received his ticket to work after he was finally approved for SSDI in 2010.

He has been wanting to go back to work but hasn't checked this program out yet I'm putting it on top of my list to make him check it out your post has inspired me I'm off to talk with him now! Tks for your information I had forgotten all about this.

~Linda
Old 09-07-2011, 11:52 PM
Registered WAHM

Cool Thanks A Million

Sharing your success story is and will be an inspiration/motivator to SO MANY individuals! While I was aware of the Ticket To Work program however like most I was completely unaware of the My Employment Options. I provide resources to our Community Access & Referral Team to clients from all accross the US so having information as such is extremely helpful! For those reading and needing services another great site is Virtual Call Center and Contact Center, Work-at-Home Jobs | NTI as they are a staffing firm for disabled persons needing telecommuting/work-at-home positions.

Information | Education | Communication
"We Tweet You Right" @promonetid
Andrea D. Jackson
Old 09-08-2011, 10:36 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by L Hinkle View Post
Hi Lori, I want to welcome you to wahm and also thank you my hubby has been out of work since Sept 09 when he was forced to retire early from his job he had a pacemaker/defibrillator put in and hasn't been able to drive truck since then, we received his ticket to work after he was finally approved for SSDI in 2010.

He has been wanting to go back to work but hasn't checked this program out yet I'm putting it on top of my list to make him check it out your post has inspired me I'm off to talk with him now! Tks for your information I had forgotten all about this.

~Linda
I am glad that I have you and your husband a sense of hope. That makes me feel good .. thanks for sharing part of your story also. I hope we are able to help him. Once he fills out a form online, a staff will cal lhim and go over things and determine if he qualifies. Sometimes not every SSDI or SSI person qualifies with us because of rules and their situation, but our staff are ceritfied to figure it out and will always recommend someone to another good agency if we cannot help! I wish you and your hubby all the very best. if you have questions, please dont hestitate to ask me
Old 09-08-2011, 10:44 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPIcoBanni View Post
Sharing your success story is and will be an inspiration/motivator to SO MANY individuals! While I was aware of the Ticket To Work program however like most I was completely unaware of the My Employment Options. I provide resources to our Community Access & Referral Team to clients from all accross the US so having information as such is extremely helpful! For those reading and needing services another great site is Virtual Call Center and Contact Center, Work-at-Home Jobs | NTI as they are a staffing firm for disabled persons needing telecommuting/work-at-home positions.

Information | Education | Communication
Andrea D. Jackson
Thank you for replying to my post. I am glad to hear the information was helpful to you I used to somewhat hide my situation and then I realized by sharing it and talking about it, might help someone else out there not feel so alone or isolated because I felt that way for a long time.

Based on what you do for your work, we might be able to partner in someway with the clients that you have and our program and Employers we work with. If you are interested in that, I can give you the name and number of our President who coordiates with agencies nationwide!

I am familar with NTI. They are also a Employment Network in the Ticket to Work program but are extremly large. As a client only a few years ago, I tried applying with them for a short time before I found employment options and lets say it wasn't what I had hope for. (this is just my experience). It is a giant company and I felt like a number. Had a hard time following their process and procedures to even get an account with them. I gave up.

Employment options has less than 20 employees and we truly believe in the 'personal touch' and many of our staff are disabled so we understand in a small way what that is like and the emotions, fears, and concerns of trying to return to work and making ends meat these days.

I mentioned people can apply under 'job seekers' on our website. But if someone still prefers the personal touch, you can call Shieka at 800-441-3114 ext 754 and she will quailfy you over the phone! We believe in treating people as people not a number!

Have a great day all!

I am always here to answer questions, be a shoulder or point people in some direction that might help them!

The great thing about Ticket to Work is also it benefits National Employers. We pre-screen each of our applicants so we know their skill level, their work history and experience. We try to match them with the best job for them.

Benefits to Employers: Any Employer that hires a person in the Ticket to Work program, gets a $2,400 tax credit per indivifual hired. so it is a win win situation.

If anyone owns a business or knows of Employers that could use this information, you can direct them to our website link for Employers: Employers Hire Disabled | My Employment Options

So honestly, its a win win for everyone.. The Client, us and The Employer we partner with1It is one of the greatest Government programs out there because of the benefits that it offers clients and its free to all SSDI and SSI clients ALWAYS!

I look forward to meeting more of you

LORI
Old 09-08-2011, 11:15 PM
Registered WAHM

Default "The greatest barrier to success is the fear of failure.Ē

Trying to overcome fears of the workforce is alone a great deal of worry. The job search is a job in its self and it is so easy to get stressed or down right panicked at times. Not having adequate information and determination like your self, all to often leads to the vicious cycle of uncertainties, lack of confidence, and the dangers of depression are almost unavoidable. And I say this because my husband was one who struggled with the above being on SSDI and made a BAD decision, one that can never be taken back. We didnt have the resources or support besides Goodwill Industries. He would be volunteering his work just to keep occupied. So when you say BIG or SMALL you are offering life changing guidence and support! Yes, please do give me contact info as well as any necessary release forms required by My Employment Options. The Community Resource Network is one of my jobs but is and will always be free to its members. I receive no compensation other than sponsored ads for website. We have a fiscal sponsorship program when needed to allow for donations, special projects for our ENDependence mission for my "Continued Commitment To Our Nations Future!" --iNforma Nation

Information | Education| Communication
Andrea D. Jackson
[email protected]