Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Telecommuting

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 11-01-2011, 11:25 AM
WAHM Regular

Default thanks for all the replies and warm welcomes

HI Everyone,
I apologize for not being on here sooner to reply to your posts. It has been extremely busy at Employment Options but in a good way helping alot of people on SSDI and SSI get back to work.

Some of you have reached me privately via email and I have responded to those questions and emails individually. I am not sure what setting I need to change to get notifications that someone has responded to my posts, but I didnít get any emails and I apologize for not getting on here sooner. If someone knows which setting it is to get notified of responses to my posts, please let me know

All of your posts and comments were very welcoming and nice and I thank you for that. I am glad for some of you my own story was helpful or inspirational and the information about ticket to work was helpful. The sad thing I have learned from my own experience and from my job at Employment Options is that people are so unaware of the free resources out there to help them. So that is where I can come in. I promised myself and God that I was given this job as a gift and I will use it in whatever way I can to help people learn about their options, give them some sort of hope and just be a friend. So thank you for seeing my intentions with the post.

I wanted to post my email address which is the fastest way to reach me. I try to log into the forums I belong to as much as I can but it is hard to do so on a daily basis. But I will try harder

I apologize again for keeping anyone in limbo.

My email ladler@myemploymentoptions.com
I check this all the time.

To all of you who shared pieces of your own story, thank you. I know sometimes that is hard to do and thank you for doing that under my post. Online forums such as this one were and have been my lifeline during all my health issues and struggles in life. The Internet has opened up so many doors for many of us that years ago were completely closed.

I am going to go back and read each person's response to me and try to answer each of you. However, if you want to email me any questions you can about Ticket to Work, Social security and working while on benefits and our job openings or any other questions, please do so. I will respond ASAP.

If you are not on SSDI or SSI, I would be happy to share some job resources and links with you and let you know of great websites and places to look. I would love to be able to place every single person I speak with in one of our jobs but we are mandated under Ticket to Work guidelines!!

If you email me and are not on SSDI or SSI, but want job resources, just put 'please send me job resources list' in the subject. that helps me see it right away!

Again, thank you for being patient with me and thanks for being such as great group and supporting each other!

My motto is" The more we share the more we empower each other!"

Hugs
Lori Adler
ladler@myemploymentoptions.com
Join me on Facebook :myemploymentoptions
LinkedIn: Lori Adler and also my employment options

For Job Seekers with Disabilities and Other Challenges | Employment Options
Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2011, 11:27 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Thanks for the warm welcome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy Jacobs View Post
Hey Lori thank you for sharing & Welcome to wahm ~Amy
Thanks for the welcome Amy
Old 11-01-2011, 11:30 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Thank you for the warm welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinky View Post
Hi, Lori! Welcome to Wahm.com! I'm so glad you found us and posted! My sister will probably have to apply for disability benefits, and I'm so happy to know she would have some options to continue working. She loves to work, and it would be very hard for her to give it up completely.

Thanks again and I wish you many blessings!

Blinky :-)
Hi Blinky, thanks for the warm welcome! If you ever have any questions related to your sister, please let me know! I would be glad to offer what information I have!

LORI
Old 11-01-2011, 11:31 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Thanks for the warm welcome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danasurvey View Post
Hi Lori and welcome to the forum. I'm also glad you posted that. It was a very inspirational post. And I imagine it will help others like blinky's sister.
Hi Dana,

Thank you for the welcome! I hope in someway I can help people on here. That is my true goal. I am no different than anyone else and have struggled alot too. looking forward to getting to know everyone
Old 11-01-2011, 11:33 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Hi and thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by L Hinkle View Post
Hi Lori, I want to welcome you to wahm and also thank you my hubby has been out of work since Sept 09 when he was forced to retire early from his job he had a pacemaker/defibrillator put in and hasn't been able to drive truck since then, we received his ticket to work after he was finally approved for SSDI in 2010.

He has been wanting to go back to work but hasn't checked this program out yet I'm putting it on top of my list to make him check it out your post has inspired me I'm off to talk with him now! Tks for your information I had forgotten all about this.

~Linda
Hi LInda,

I know we have communicated a few times via private message. I hope your husband is doing better. I apologize that you could'nt reach by my email. I am not sure why. perhaps I accidently typed it wrong. again so sorry! but I am here now and if you still have more questions about Ticket to Work, working while on benefits, etc. please let me know here or drop me an email at ladler@myemploymentoptions.com!

hugs
LORI
Old 11-01-2011, 11:45 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Thanks for the welcome and info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPIcoBanni View Post
Sharing your success story is and will be an inspiration/motivator to SO MANY individuals! While I was aware of the Ticket To Work program however like most I was completely unaware of the My Employment Options. I provide resources to our Community Access & Referral Team to clients from all accross the US so having information as such is extremely helpful! For those reading and needing services another great site is Virtual Call Center and Contact Center, Work-at-Home Jobs | NTI as they are a staffing firm for disabled persons needing telecommuting/work-at-home positions.

Information | Education | Communication
"We Tweet You Right" @promonetid
Andrea D. Jackson
Hi Andrea,

Thanks for the welcome and your post. I am glad I was able to get you some helpful info about Ticket to Work. It is an outstanding program that sadly many SSDI or SSI receipients don't know about or understand. It is free to all clients and they get help with more than just finding a job. They get helpful employment resources such as job coaching, resume help, interview practice, etc etc!

you are correct. NTI is another employment network. They are giant and I heard or was told they are shutting down. But I am not positive on that. We are a much smaller employment network with less than 20 employees and we truly believe in the personal touch still. many of employees are like me and on SSDI or SSI and working under Ticket to Work!

Thanks for the link also for the Virtual Call center!

LORI
Old 11-01-2011, 11:55 AM
WAHM Regular

Talking Responding with info about Employment options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPIcoBanni View Post
Trying to overcome fears of the workforce is alone a great deal of worry. The job search is a job in its self and it is so easy to get stressed or down right panicked at times. Not having adequate information and determination like your self, all to often leads to the vicious cycle of uncertainties, lack of confidence, and the dangers of depression are almost unavoidable. And I say this because my husband was one who struggled with the above being on SSDI and made a BAD decision, one that can never be taken back. We didnt have the resources or support besides Goodwill Industries. He would be volunteering his work just to keep occupied. So when you say BIG or SMALL you are offering life changing guidence and support! Yes, please do give me contact info as well as any necessary release forms required by My Employment Options. The Community Resource Network is one of my jobs but is and will always be free to its members. I receive no compensation other than sponsored ads for website. We have a fiscal sponsorship program when needed to allow for donations, special projects for our ENDependence mission for my "Continued Commitment To Our Nations Future!" --iNforma Nation

Information | Education| Communication
Andrea D. Jackson
resource@annoitedtouch.info
"We Tweet You Right" @promonetid
Hi Andrea,

I am going back and responding to each person's post that way I can be sure to answer or address everyone's concerns or questions.

It sounds like you do great work to help people in the community connect with resources! Thank you for your efforts

The basic requirement to be able to apply on our website is for an applicant to be currently receiving SSDI or SSI(non retirement benefits).

If you have clients in the 48 land based states (we can't assist in Hawaii or Alaska), you can direct them to our website job seekers page and they can submit a pre-qualify form to get the process started with us. The form asks basic information questions about what disability benefits they are on, there work history, their goals, resume info etc.

Here is the link to the application page: For Job Seekers | My Employment Options
Option #1 form is Work from home
Option #2 is Community based jobs (outside home).

Once they submit an application, they will be contacted by one of our staff in about 2-4 business days.

If any of your clients have worked since being on Social security benefits, they will need to know the dates they have worked and where. Also, how many trial work periods they have used up. If someone isn't sure of this info, they can call the 800# for Social security and ask for a BPQY (benefits query). If they havenít worked while on benefits, just skip this.

If someone already has their 'ticket' to work assigned to another agency, they can still fill out our application. But please advise them that if we deem them qualified for our services, they would have to 'dis-assign' their ticket and reassign to us. Social security will now allow someone to have their ticket to more than one agency!

I hope this is not information overload but wanted to give you all of it!
Please let me know if you have questions.
Thanks
Lori
800-441-3114 ext. 763
Old 11-01-2011, 12:00 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Hi and you are welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelesky View Post
Hi Lori,

First of all welcome to the forum. I am new here myself. Your story is an inspirational one. I just want to thank you for taking the time to post this information. I have a friend who was recently placed on disability and is looking for part-time work. I'm not sure if she knows about the program but I will pass this information along to her.
Hi there!

I am glad that my story was inspirational in someway. I used to want to hide it but feel maybe by sharing it someone else might not feel so alone in their trials.

If you friend is on SSDI or SSI benefits, she is automatically given a 'ticket to work' and she can use that ticket and to obtain free employment and job placement services from agnecies such as Employment Optios that I work for.

If she has questions, she can email or call me. Here are some links to our website so she can read more about the program and what we do exactly!
FAQ | My Employment Options
SSI/SSDI Beneficiaries | Qualify for At Home Jobs | My Employment Options

To apply with us: For Job Seekers | My Employment Options or call 800-441-3114 ext 754

Thanks!
LORI
Lori
800-441-3114 ext. 763
Old 11-01-2011, 12:11 PM
WAHM Regular

Default hi there and here is some info

Quote:
Originally Posted by cambrosio View Post
Lori,

I just found out about this program. The part that I like is that you can actually do this while you are starting your own business. I just turned 30 and have been on disability since 2005. I am slowly but surely trying to make it back to where I was before. Thank you for being such an inspiration.

Cydni
Hi there Cydni:

I am going back and writing back to everyone. I wasn't getting emails letting me know people had responded to my posts. So I am going back now and addressing each of them!

You stated you are on 'disability.' If you mean SSDI or SSI, then you are automatically eligible for Ticket to Work program. But it is voluntary and available to all SSDI and SSI non retirement clients. We are an Employment network in the ticket to work program and our services are always free to clients because of the program!

The best way to get started with us is to visit our website and read some important information. You can apply directly on our website as well for both work at home jobs or community based jobs. Once you submit a form to us, one of our staff will get back to you in about 2-4 business days.

If I can answer any questions about Ticket to work, let me know. I would be happy to.

Links to read over:
FAQ | My Employment Options

SSI/SSDI Beneficiaries | Qualify for At Home Jobs | My Employment Options

Application link: For Job Seekers | My Employment Options
Option #1 is work from home
Option #2 is community based

You can also view many of our work at home positions on the right side of this page scrolling up and down.

I hope this information is helpful and I wish you all the best
Lori
800-441-3114 ext. 763
Old 11-01-2011, 12:12 PM
WAHM Regular

Default thanks for your reply!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaVB27 View Post
Hi Lori.. I am so glad that I found this post! I was jut terminated from my position while I was out on short term disability - I am unable to drive right now and working from home is the only way I will be able to make some sort of income. I am not on SSDI at the moment and not sure if that is something I will need to do in the future.
Thanks again for your post!
Hi there,

You are most welcome!!!! I know you are not on SSDI or SSI but if you would like some helpful resoruces you can email our help center at help@myemploymentoptions.com ! an automatic email will be sent to you!

LORI