Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 03-30-2016, 04:20 PM
WAHM Regular

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley5 View Post
When we are on SSI disability and we want to work do we have to get an EN to be able to work? when we are working from home we need to call social security let them know we are working? how do we pay taxes when we are working from home?
Hello there thank you for your question and reading my post! Nice to meet you. I apologize for the delay in responding. Alot of replies to sift through

I will try to answer your question here, but feel free to email me directly as well if that is helpful.

To help answer your question, you can go back to work while receiving benefits but assigning your ticket and using the voluntary free program has protections and benefits that you do not have when you go about it yourself.

We are certified in the program by SSA to help people on SSDI/SSI and we help you every step of the way from tracking your income dollar by dollar so you do not go in over-payment, understanding the program and income guidelines, helping you with social security paperwork and letters, helping with resumes, interviews, and we partner already with existing employers so we can help you get answers about our application or why you didn't get an interview or job. Also by having your ticket assigned to an agency in Ticket to Work, you will be exempt from the Continuing disability medical reviews if you are working toward goals in the program. Alot of work incentives and helpful benefits for using the program and it is free!

I myself tried to go about it personally without an EN and it was very stressful worrying about if I was reporting my income correctly, if I was going to go over each month, where I was in the program and finding good jobs. Assigning my ticket was the best decision I made because I had someone in my corner who knows the SSA rules and program backwards and forwards and is there for me in many other ways so I can focus on my health and the job.

Feel free to email me if you would like to chat more: [email protected] or you can call us anytime at 800-441-3114 ext 0.

Have a great day!
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2016, 06:36 AM
Registered WAHM

Such a sad story but I am really happy you got what you deserved in the end. I also know few disabled people who are looking for such opportunities. Some of them have started working freelance by reading guides and articles on websites like webemployed.com and some are still looking. I will recommend them to contact you.
Old 07-01-2016, 12:54 AM
Wordpress Geek

Hi lori,

Welcome to the forum and yes of course this is the right place to share your story. Your success story is very motivational for people including me. Be a freelancer is the best way to go. You can work from home without any problem. You can feel safe with digital signatures. Anyways you are inspiration for everyone.

Last edited by marklyons; 07-01-2016 at 12:57 AM.
Old 07-07-2016, 09:05 AM
WAHM Regular

Thank you for sharing, will definitely pass this information along to others I know
Old 01-10-2017, 06:48 PM
WAHM Regular

Default work at home

Liveops is the answer.

I am unable to stand for long periods of time due to my knees are arthritic.

I have been working at Liveops as a customer service representative for two years.

You would be able to schedule 30 minute increments of time to work.

I believe you could work as little as 5 hours each week.

Here is where you will find all of the need information.

Liveops Reviews From Real People Working From Home

Allison
Old 01-16-2017, 08:37 PM
WAHM Regular

Default You are inspiring

Just have to say that your story is inspiring and I'm very happy for you and your success but most of all, you have been willing to share your story which will help more people than you realise. Kudo's to you!
Old 01-31-2017, 08:03 AM
WAHM Regular

This is such an inspirational story. Thank you so much for sharing it with us. This is amaizing. Thank you
Old 03-12-2017, 08:02 PM
Registered WAHM

Thank you for sharing this story. It's amazing how gig work is helping so many people supplement their income. I read a story the other day where a man who had suffered a severe injury due to a car wreck was looking for a way to make income on the side. He was confined to a wheelchair, but still wanted to work, so he signed up as a Looker for WeGoLook and makes about $20 per job. Each job only takes him about 30 minutes to complete, so he has been able to relax and work according to his personal needs.

Pretty cool if you ask me!
Old 04-20-2017, 12:34 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Stressed out disabled mother

Hello, I read your post and I wonder if you could help me. I am on disability and have been looking for a long time for a way to earn income. I am a single mother. I have two children and I need a work from home job. I am completely stressed out looking for something. What I need is so simple and I just can't find it. I went on that website you posted a few months ago and I could not apply because they don't allow applicants with WIFI. Do you know of a company or an individual that I can contact for a work from home job that I can perform using a WIFI connection? I would greatly appreciate it. Thank You.
Old 05-06-2017, 08:54 AM
Registered WAHM

Smile Inspiration

Lori,

You are an inspiration. I salute you because despite of your condition, you managed not to worry about it, instead you used it as a motivation to strive hard and not give up. There are many work opportunities online and people like you should not make any excuses because you are a living proof that you can also do what the normal people can do and possibly do better.

I've been also working online for the past 5 years now and I am a writer. For me for example, I enjoy the site lettemwrite and I've been with them since they started. Aside from the mere fact that you can earn a substantial amount of money, I find it interesting and very challenging because there's a catch that you need to go through. You need to compete with another writer and win in order for you to be awarded the prize 100%.

I prefer doing this than being in a conventional workplace because I don't like being demanded by someone. By staying with lettemwrite or any other outsourcing sites, I am my own boss. I earn money, enjoy myself competing with other writers because for me it's not all about earning money, it's a great way to hone my skills and improve whatever aspect I am lacking at. Also, I earn more by working at home than when I am employed in a conventional workplace.

So for those who are thinking there's no success online. Take Lori as an example, that it's possible.