Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 02-28-2013, 05:42 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessmonsilva View Post
Hi.
Just wondering if your company would help those who don't have that much work experience? And any disabilities you are not able to help?
Thanks.
Hello There,

Let me see if I can help answer your questions and give you some guidance! Ticket to work is a free program full of hundreds of agencies nationwide that offer free assistance to those of us (me too) on SSDI/SSI disability benefits. Because that is the program we work under, we are only able to take applicants who meet that basic requirement!

As far as disabilities, we like to think of people's abilities more! But, we have a very thorough screening process though and our application asks the questions needed to see if our jobs and services are a good fit for you! So if you are on SSDI/SSI benefits, you can apply on our website and we will follow up soon after and let you know if we look like a good match. If we do not, we will let you know and give you some resources.

We are a completely virtual company so sometimes that is not always the best fit for everyone. So for some people with perhaps vision or hearing difficulties we might not always be the best fit for them but people are welcome to apply on our website and we will let you know!

We are hosting a virtual job fair next Thurs March 7th. If you are on SSDI/SSI use options 2 or 3. If you are not on SSDI/SSI just use option #4 and you can still join us!

Hope this helps!
Register for Employment Options Virtual Job Fair | My Employment Options
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2013, 09:13 AM
Registered WAHM

Smile Disability

Lori your post was inspirational. I to am disabled for years. My concern in the "Ticket to Work" is a concern that you may loose your disability benefits after a certain period of working. Is this the case or do they allow you to work from home if you are medically disabled.
Love forward to your comments on this.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:55 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by eve View Post
Lori your post was inspirational. I to am disabled for years. My concern in the "Ticket to Work" is a concern that you may loose your disability benefits after a certain period of working. Is this the case or do they allow you to work from home if you are medically disabled.
Love forward to your comments on this.
Hello There,
You are most welcome! I am glad that it was helpful to you!

Ticket to Work is set up to help ease those of us on SSDI/SSI back into the workforce. Each person is different so some do so well that they along with their doctor's guidance do eventually use the program to get off benefits but if they do that they are still protected.

Each person and their path in the program is not the same. What is great about the program is that it is built in with great incentives and safety nets to help you 'ease' back into the workforce without the rug being pulled out from under you. That is why there are expert agencies like the company I work with and am a client of. They are trained and certified to guide you about the rules and income guidelines along the way.

For example: Someone on SSDI benefits starts the program with what is called a 'trial work period' the Trial period allows you on SSDI to have 9 months (not necessarily in order) where you can make as much money as you want and keep your benefits and insurance.

So it is a great way to test the waters and see how you do. Some people realize they are doing great and keep working while others might need to reassess their health and situation. So that is a great bonus and allows you to even save some money to pay off bills etc. A months earnings is counted as a trial work period in 2013. Also, even after the trial month period stage, because you are participating in the program your benefits and insurance are protected because you are in the program.

The idea of the program is to create a safety net to help you ease back into the workforce because they know that often people on disability haven't worked in years and their biggest concern is losing their benefits right away. If you go to work and dont use the ticket to work program you are not offered the same safety nets and protection.

Here are some helpful links that might help answer some of your questions. You can also email me anytime at [email protected]

Social Security Online - The Red Book - SSDI Only Employment Supports

FAQ | My Employment Options

We take applications for Work @ home and onsite work 365 days a year on our website. The application is a pre-qualify form to see if your goals match our jobs and services. There are hundreds of agencies in the program besides us and many offer different services and jobs. For Job Seekers | My Employment Options

We have an a Work @ home partner who is hiring 1000 [email protected] home agents in april and may. that is just one partner we have out of many!

Feel free to email me anytime. I can respond faster there but will be happy to answer questions here too!

Lori Adler
On SSDI Disability/Ticket to Work participant
Employment Options
Old 04-30-2013, 11:43 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Ticket To Work

when we are on SSI disability and we want to work do we have to get an EN to be able to work? when we are woking from home we need to call social security let them know we are working? how do we pay taxes when we are working from home?
Old 05-09-2013, 01:39 PM
Registered WAHM

Thanks for sharing your story Lori. I too am disabled but do not receive social security. I am actually a disabled veteran. I am fortunate enough to be able to work from home. I am also a single stay at home mom. I love the fact that I am able to stay home, especially when my daughter is sick or when either of us have appointments. I never have to lose days from work. I also like the fact that I am able to have flexible hours to work at night or whenever. I can go on vacation whenever I want, even in the middle of the week. It's great.
Old 05-15-2013, 01:16 PM
Registered WAHM

Default hi lori

I will pass this information onto my brother, he is currently getting disability because of multiple health issues and I think it might be beneficial for him to get something he could do outside of just get his disability. and working from home might be a great option for him. He currently lives with my other brother who is having health issues of his own and they really could use some extra income. Thank you for sharing
Old 06-19-2013, 05:21 PM
Registered WAHM

Great info Lori. Gracias. Will share.
Old 06-20-2013, 12:54 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Inspiring

Wow! Very inspiring story I am glad to see there are still places that can help those in a bind.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:54 PM
WAHM Regular

Very interesting. As a special education teacher, I am always excited to see ways students can be successful even when they are no longer "mine".
Old 07-29-2013, 12:17 AM
WAHM Regular

Thank you Lori for that post, it was very inspiring!