Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-30-2011, 12:23 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Trymyui.com and other questions..

Hey ladies..been around a loooooong time..Have posted here and there. I have a couple eggs that just don't make me much money. My husband wants me to help bring in some money now that my kids are all in school full time..

Probably same situation many sahm's are in...Basically I haven't worked in 14 years. But have been doing various things online..So now I need to get some better eggs...Any recommendations would be sooo appreciated.

I have been told to try writing .. I just am overwhelmed about how to start. I know textbroker is a good way?

Also I have used the search function to try and find out more info about trymyui.com. I couldn't find anything so hopefully someone knows whether this is legit or not?

Thanks so much you guys!!
Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2011, 01:04 PM
WAHM Regular

Writing is one of the best ways to make extra money.
Textbroker, demand studios, suite 101, and associated content are some of the best ones I know of.
There are also a few outsourcing companies I know of who hire writers.

Other ideas:
cleaning houses
babysitting
sewing (if you own a sewing machine, you could offer to do repairs on clothes. I personally would hire someone for this service because I need a seamstress to fix my clothes.. surely I'm not the only inept sewer!)
avon or mary kay (if your comfortable going into them, try selling in strip clubs, those girls always need make-up, clothes, shoes, ect.- trust me, I know, I was one for 11 years)
dessert baking for parties/weddings (muffins, cakes, pies, ect. can sell very well if you can make the desserts look pretty)
chocolate gift baskets (great work for anyone who is creative- you can get cheap baskets from most thrift stores and cheap ribbons from walmart/dollar stores then fancy the baskets up with several types of chocolates (hot cocoa, kisses, chocolate dipped spoons, ect..)

Hopefully these idea can help someone out there
Old 08-30-2011, 02:38 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahnalia View Post
avon or mary kay (if your comfortable going into them, try selling in strip clubs, those girls always need make-up, clothes, shoes, ect.- trust me, I know, I was one for 11 years)
that is really good advice!! i've been considering avon but i never really initiated contact with a representative because i didn't know where i could find clients. <3
Old 08-30-2011, 06:00 PM
WAHM Regular

Thanks for the writing companies..It is kind of overwhelming.....I did Mary Kay a loooooooong time ago and I was terrible at it..Lol. People would say..no they didn't want to buy. I would say "ok!" and leave. I just can't sell.

The babysitting thing I have thought about. But this will be the first time I don't have the kids at home. I am not sure I want to have to babysit little ones again.
Old 08-30-2011, 06:22 PM
WAHM Regular

I work for Trymyui.com. They are a legit company. Are very quick to pay, and have always given me good feedback on the tests that I take. The evaluations are random, you never know when one is going to come your way, but I feel that they are a great company to work for. There is also another usability testing website called usertesting.com that you may want to apply for as well.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:31 AM
WAHM Regular

Thanks 4boys!! I already work for them...I love it...Glad to hear you like trymyui!! If it's similar then I will like it..
Old 08-31-2011, 04:15 PM
WAHM Regular

Hi ladies! I went to trymyui today in hopes of becoming a tester but I am a bit confused about the process. When I sent to sign up, it took me to a page to create a test. Can some one tel me what I am doing wrong. Thanks!
Old 08-31-2011, 05:29 PM
WAHM Regular

NO, you are not confused. You need to take a test website userability test first in order for them to pass you. There should be a sample test on there that you can look at to see what they are looking for. Once you have completed the test, they will let you know whether you have passed or not.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:37 PM
Registered WAHM

4boys, I hate to be a bother about this, but can I ask: how long did it take to hear back from the test? I took mine a few days ago, and it still says pending.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:11 AM
WAHM Regular

Thank you 4boys for your response but I think maybe I wasn't clear. I understand that I have to take a test, but the page it directed me to wanted me to CREATE a test. Is this right? Am I to create a test as if I am the owner of a website? Thanks for your help.