Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 07-27-2011, 06:26 PM
flaminroze's Avatar
WAHM Regular
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 32
Default ProTrans Transcriptions - Daytimers!

Need diligent hard-working individuals who can type, read, listen spell and follow directions.

Everything is able to be learned hands on and there is training available.

Please contact me via Protranstranscriptions on yahoo messenger. You will need to be on desktop messenger - not via web browser. Thank you.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 07-28-2011, 01:36 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location:
Posts: 327
Default Anyone working here?

Anyone working here?
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 07-29-2011, 07:50 AM
sophiasmommy's Avatar
Super WAHM
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Lansing, Michigan
Posts: 464
Smile Yup!

I do! She's great. It's awesome how helpful everyone is and are more than willing to help you learn. I haven't done transcription before, but she and a couple of other people that have been working with her for a little while help guide you and answer your questions. We are always in a group chat on Yahoo while we're working. You can work at your own pace (unless it's a rush job), so you can take breaks when needed, which works great for me since I have three teeny-tiny kids.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 07-29-2011, 02:24 PM
TiKiToEz's Avatar
WAHM Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location:
Posts: 92
Default How much does this pay and how are you payed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiasmommy View Post
I do! She's great. It's awesome how helpful everyone is and are more than willing to help you learn. I haven't done transcription before, but she and a couple of other people that have been working with her for a little while help guide you and answer your questions. We are always in a group chat on Yahoo while we're working. You can work at your own pace (unless it's a rush job), so you can take breaks when needed, which works great for me since I have three teeny-tiny kids.
How much does this pay and how are you payed?
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 07-29-2011, 02:26 PM
TiKiToEz's Avatar
WAHM Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location:
Posts: 92
Default How much does this pay and how are you payed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaminroze View Post
Need diligent hard-working individuals who can type, read, listen spell and follow directions.

Everything is able to be learned hands on and there is training available.

Please contact me via Protranstranscriptions on yahoo messenger. You will need to be on desktop messenger - not via web browser. Thank you.
How much does this pay and how are you payed?
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 07-30-2011, 09:16 AM
sophiasmommy's Avatar
Super WAHM
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Lansing, Michigan
Posts: 464
Wink

That is something you should discuss with her
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 07-31-2011, 10:35 AM
Alba's Avatar
Super WAHM
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 441
Default

There is a post here from someone who was working for her:

http://www.wahm.com/forum/transcript...s-welcome.html
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 07-31-2011, 12:04 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 71
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alba View Post
There is a post here from someone who was working for her:

http://www.wahm.com/forum/transcript...s-welcome.html
Which pays more and has more work? Quicktate or this company? (or Callgraph or Appenscribe, etc)?
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 08-08-2011, 11:53 AM
cloakzore's Avatar
WAHM Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 167
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYChaChaMom View Post
Which pays more and has more work? Quicktate or this company? (or Callgraph or Appenscribe, etc)?
All of those companies pay beans and it would be ill advised to work for any of them. The only exception is if you have absolutely no clue what transcription is, don't care what you are paid, and really have nothing better to do with your time than work for $2-3 an hour.

If you're interested in doing transcription, you should consider:

1. How strong is your grammar, spelling, and word usage?

2. Do you listen well? How are you with foreign accents?

3. How fast can you type?

4. Do you respond well to constructive criticism, and are you eager to learn? Some styles and formats may be different than how you do things. Are you open to adaptation?

If you meet those standards then with a bit of hard work and perseverance, you can start working with companies that pay much better than the ones you listed above. There are companies that hire newbies given that you can pass their tests. And while they don't pay the best in the world to start out, they offer much more acceptable wages, great feedback, and good opportunity for advancement.

There is a fairly extensive list of companies in the Transcription folder for you to check out if you would like to know more. Also, Transcription Haven is a good site to check out for more questions and good advice: Transcription Haven • Index page.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 08-08-2011, 01:38 PM
SGATL1's Avatar
WAHM Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 14
Default

could someone give tell me how to make contact I have YM and I typed in "protranscription and it didn't work. Please help! Thx.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off