Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 06-21-2011, 09:39 AM
WAHM Regular

Question Any companies that are Mac compatible?

I tried searching but had trouble finding anything. I need to get a part time position...I have been around for years and have found small things here and there...

I could never do the phone opportunities because I had kids home..but come September that changes(little one will be in first grade!) . Anyway I have been looking at the lists and it seems most companies require window based pcs? Do you know of any that will work with Macs?

I have been thinking about transcribing..I would be a total newbie at it and haven't found the companies that would hire a newbie that has a mac?

Thanks so much

Last edited by jenne03; 06-21-2011 at 10:35 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2011, 10:40 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Many companies permit macs, you sort of have to search the job descriptions, but here's the obvious one
Apple at Home Advisors
Apple - Jobs at Apple - At-Home Advisor

Best wishes
Old 06-21-2011, 10:47 AM
WAHM Regular

Thanks Helena ..I did check that out but I don't live in the locations they provide and I am not sure I am that tech savvy.haha. I have been going through the wah list and so far have come up with zip.. I will keep trudging through.. I was just wondering if anyone here uses a mac and what companies they have found that accept them.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:53 AM
WAHM Addict

Hi! From what I understand, Tigerfish hires people new to transcribing.

Blinky :-)
Old 06-21-2011, 11:04 AM
WAHM Regular

Thank you so much blinky....unfortunately they don't support macs..Argh! Why do I have a mac..lol.. well I do love the mac..but it isn't helping me earn money.lol
Old 06-21-2011, 11:14 AM
Super WAHM

Try the following, to work as a Juror.

Requirements

To know what you do, how much you get paid and requirements to be a Juror, read from the following link.

http://www.trialjuries.com/trialjuries/pub/faq.html

Last edited by Lihem; 06-21-2011 at 11:23 AM.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:32 AM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenne03 View Post
Thank you so much blinky....unfortunately they don't support macs..Argh! Why do I have a mac..lol.. well I do love the mac..but it isn't helping me earn money.lol
I was afraid of that after I posted! I'm sorry! Macs have a lot of advantages over PCs, but there aren't many wah companies that support Macs.

Maybe it would be worth it to find an inexpensive laptop on Ebay or a smaller netbook that you could work on? KMart has some that are really reasonably priced. Might be worth looking into.

Best Wishes!

Old 06-21-2011, 11:40 AM
WAHM Regular

Thanks Lihem...will definitely look into that one..I know I signed up a long time ago with a different company.

Blinky..yes I may have to look into that... :/ haha..macs are great but not for working at home..haha. I just went through a ton of companies and nothing. I think Arise does..but I don't want to spend money to get the job..

I will keep on looking..Thanks for the help too!!
Old 06-21-2011, 12:05 PM
WAHM Addict

Smile

Hi! Just had one more thought. I don't know anything about Macs (despite the fact that I own one haha), but could you possibly use it to do freelance writing? Maybe you could use a word processing program like OpenOffice that might be compatible for both systems. I don't know about the computer systems, but freelance writing would be worth looking into because some of the companies are easy to get on with and some pay weekly, too. You write very well, I would think freelance writing could be a possibility.

Old 06-21-2011, 12:24 PM
WAHM Regular

If you are a good writer, you can also try writing on different website. Many people are hiring others to write on there blogs and or website. This could be a great opportunity for you since you have kids and cant take phone jobs.