Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Telecommuting

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 05-04-2011, 03:13 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Convergys Work@Home

Hello to all. I am new here and was reading the job board. I just got hired to work from home with Convergys and I start on May 12. I was wondering if anyone else on here has worked for them and if so, any ideas on how the training goes?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2011, 09:14 AM
Registered WAHM

Hi There, I just got hired with convergys at home as well. How are you liking it so far? I start training on June 2nd. I will be in the Direct TV account. How are the incentives and insurance, ect?

Old 05-21-2011, 11:56 AM
WAHM Regular

Default convergys

It is a great company to work for. I have been there for almost a year and love it. Great benefits, too!
Old 05-21-2011, 01:29 PM
Super WAHM

Send a message via AIM to kate.reber Send a message via Yahoo to kate.reber

Hi there, Covergys call center? I never know that they also hiring agents working at home.. Well that's great to know, hope you all guys will success in that kind of industry.. Good luck and have a nice day..
Old 05-21-2011, 03:25 PM
WAHM Regular

are they still hiring?
Old 05-21-2011, 04:31 PM
Registered WAHM

Thanks for the feedback. Stacbran, I couldn't do the May 12th class due to a family emergency so she pushed it back to the June 9th class. My friend started on May 19 and she states that she loves it. She said the incentives are wonderful, especially the free Direct TV after 90 days of service. The first two days she stated that you are just downloading all your software and then making a test call to ensure that you are up and working properly. She tries to keep me informed on all things that go on. We were actually supposed to start together.

iluvamystery89, yes they are still hiring.
Old 05-21-2011, 09:34 PM
WAHM Regular

For those of you who have just been hired on, how much do you get paid for training? Is the training done at a specific time during the day? and how long do you train for? Once you have finished training, do you get a pay increase? What are the shift hours? Is it full time or part time? How many hours a week will you work? Do they have a night shift?

I am interested in applying, but am not sure if my schedule will work. I need to work mainly nights or weekends when my husband is home, so that he can look after the kids.

Thanks in Advance,
Rachel
Old 05-22-2011, 06:19 AM
WAHM Regular

Ive never worked from home, I worked at 2 of the sites in my home city but from my experience with work at home projects the pay and hour depends upon which project they hire you for because there are many assoc. with each company.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:14 AM
Registered WAHM

The pay starts at $9 an hour and I do believe the training is at that same rate. They are hiring for both part time and full time shifts. I am doing part time and was told that the shift would never start earlier than 1pm (MST) and never go past 11 pm (MST) and I beleive at first you do have to plan on every weekend. I was told the more you meet their expected quotas (More calls per hour and are a good performer) the more likely you are to have shift choices with your team lead. Part time is 20-30 hours a week and the scheduals come out each week or every two weeks I beleive. I dont think the pay increases right out of traing but I was told the averege parttime employee will make $180 in incentives each month and depending how well you do that can go up. Benefits are also available to part time and full time shifts after 30 days, however the cost is higher for part time employees. All training is from home and your PC must meet the requirements, training lasts 20 days and then 10 days of transition prior to being released into production.

Good luck all, Im exited to work Only from home!
Old 05-22-2011, 09:51 PM
Awesome WAHM

Send a message via Yahoo to ktjones

When hired on, are you an employee or a IC?
Sounds like a really good opportunity !