Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 05-04-2011, 06:14 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Inside Scoop on Fancy Hands

If you're wondering about this company (Personal Assistants for Everyone - Fancy Hands), here's a tip I got from a trusted reader of my blog. These are some of the tasks and pay they offer. Although I'm tempted to comment, I'll leave it up to your judgment to decide if this pay is worth it or not:

$1.51 Task: Bid for jobs using Elance.com

Step 1: Goto Elance.com and use log in (name of the company who posted the task)
Step 2 Click on Find Work Tab
Step 3 goto brlproductions.com click on demo reels and base your search for jobs on these videos
example of bid is included in this email.
Step 4 Once your done typing in the bid click submit button than it takes you to the top of the page and than hit submit porposal

Note: Before you hit submit the first time there's these orange coins you can put the proposal at the top of the other ones by adding an extra credit only use that for jobs that are relevant to the content that we produce.

Bid jobs From $500-$1500 HD Video production jobs,After Effects,Marketing Production, These are some words that can be put in the search.
Bid always under what they are looking to pay try not over bid.

($3.99 for this task) We have been looking at a number of ad rep firms, people who take your ad inventory on a site and rep it to studios, consumer product good companies, networks, and other advertisers. Though these companies do frequently have networks, we are looking for companies that do direct sales. These could be media sales (selling the 728x90, 300x250 or 160x600 units) or full page skin and other custom take-overs.

Some examples include: (lists examples)

I'd really like a summary of the top 20 of these, whether or not they have a network, and what their area of expertise is.

$1.50 for this task I have attached a spreadsheet with some
preliminary work on brands that we would like researched.

I want you to research tea brands, glutenfree brands, hot sauce
brands, cookware brands, and beer brands, (beer brands, glutenfree
brands, cookware brands and tea brands are pretty well fleshed out, we
do need some research on what hotsauce brands are out there though)

Specifically, I'd like the contact info for the marketing director,
business development director, or just the person who would be in
charge of buying advertising for the company.

Last edited by YourBestJobNow; 05-09-2011 at 02:17 AM. Reason: Removed exclamation point
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2011, 06:17 AM
Super WAHM

Default Jmho

Sounds like too much work for too little pay for me to be interested.

AllieWhitt
Old 05-04-2011, 08:23 AM
Awesome WAHM

I didn't bother to read the full post, but I thought that it may be well advised to remove the sensitive information from #1 as a courtesy to the company you're discussing.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:27 AM
Super WAHM

I read about three quarters of the way through. My impression is . Does not sound as though it is worth it....unless you happen to live in India (sarcasm intended).
Old 05-04-2011, 01:27 PM
WAHM Master

I categorize this with Amazon's Turk. Not worth the time.
Old 05-09-2011, 02:18 AM
WAHM Regular

Thanks Modern Surrender. It's removed.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:49 AM
Grand WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllieWhitt View Post
Sounds like too much work for too little pay for me to be interested.

AllieWhitt
I agree. There are things on the Internet that pay much better.
Old 06-01-2015, 11:18 AM
Registered WAHM

Default updated scoop on Fh, current freelancer

The Real On Fancy Hands

The Real inside scoop.
I currently work at fancy hands, I make about $200 every 2 weeks sometimes a little more if I spend all day every day logged in. They say you get paid every 2 weeks and you do, but it is NOT every other Tuesday. The payments are processed every other Tuesday through dwolla, it takes dwolla 2 days to process your payment then you have to transfer your money to your bank which takes another day or two depending on your bank. So technically you get paid every other Friday. But they continue to say payday is Tuesday. If payday was every other Tuesday and you know the institution you pay through takes 2 days to process they should submit the payroll a few days prior to so that you have access to your pay on payday. They don't seem to understand that payday means the day you actually get paid and have access to your money not the day your pay is processed. Second, clients will pay you $2.75 to research 10 + things like for instance. A client will send something like "find me a list of 20 home builders in Nebraska" you can send a message to a manager telling them it will take longer than 20 minutes to complete that task so you can get paid more than $2.75 but it is not guaranteed they will approve it. If they do the client can add $1 and you're expected to complete it for $3.75. Third, a client can add extra to the task once you have completed it, for instance, after you submit all 20 homebuilders for $3.75 and close the task the client can reopen it asking you to call them all for a quote, so now you will not be paid that $3.75 until you call all the companies and get that quote. You can send a message to the manager (it's only 2 managers) stating that the client has added to the task but you are required to complete it. See the client is always right and they WILL NOT support the assistants at all. So now if you unclaim the task you have done the work for nothing and the next assistant that makes the calls gets credit for the entire task (you will not be paid for it at all). It's also a good chance that a manager will give you that same task back telling you that you have to complete it which means it is an open task in your queue and you cannot claim or even see any other task until you complete that one for $3.75. They will also threaten to deactivate your account if you unclaim too many task. Mentors are not on the same page. They have to approve the task before it closes, you will not get credit until it is closed. Some mentors will approve and close and some will send it back because they don't like the way you worded something (although) you're grammar was correct and they may not be as business smart as you so they don't understand corporate language. Or, you may have a question for the client because you want to clarify something to be sure to return the correct results. The mentor may deny it and tell you what they think the client means, so you can send it to a manager who will most likely agree with the mentor, then, you do what they say and the client rejects it stating that you obviously did not understand what they were asking for. So to sum it all up, you can do 30 tasks in a 2 week time frame and receive $100-$200 for that 2 weeks. What I do is take those larger task and send it to a manager for more pay, if you break it down, literally, you may get lucky, the manager approves it and you could get $10-15 for a task of 100 listings. But it's a 50/50 chance it will be approved. I personally have been there 3 months and am on my way out. Some of the mentors are rude and they have have their favorites. Who ever heard of cliques on a work at home job, believe me they have them and the forum proves that. But judge for yourself if you like. I personally would not refer this company to my friends or relatives.

Last edited by Fep; 06-01-2015 at 11:18 AM. Reason: forgot title
Old 06-01-2015, 11:46 AM
Registered WAHM

Default updated scoop on Fh, current freelancer

Prime example. Today there is a task on FH where a client is asking to have a total of 16,000 contacts exported from constant contact and Zoho, merged and cleaned up for $2.75, VA is telling management that this is a very large 3 part job so the price was raised to $11.54 (really?). VA is telling management this is not enough as this task will take hours, management had gone back and forth with VA as to why it will take 15-20 hours and she should have requested the hours of how long it will take initially in her first message, VA is telling management that it was her impression she is to let management know it's a large task and it is management responsibility to deal with the client and set the price accordingly. It ended with the VA unclaiming the task and telling management she has wasted enough time going back and forth with them for a job that would normally cost hundreds more. No support for the VA. FH is good for people new to working from home just for a couple of months just to have some wah experience on your resume. You have no support from management or mentors. I even had a mentor tell me that mentors are just there to make sure your work is suitable to be sent to the client and not to train so they refer you to the training book which does not give all the answers. So they obviously don't know the definition of mentor because a mentor is a trainer, coach and consultant. So how are you even in a position that you don't know the definition of. SMH
Old 06-01-2015, 11:54 AM
WAHM Regular

Pfft....and they turned me down to work for their company! They did me a favor.

Tags
fancy hands, personal assistant, virtual concierge, work at home jobs