Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-27-2011, 04:44 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Inbound Sales, Expert Planet.

I'm sure many of you have seen this on WPLH, but in case not, expert planet is hiring for inbound sales.

Home - ExpertPlanet

Apparently they have flexible hours because they are open 24/7. You can schedule 1 hour increments. Some people are comparing it to LiveOps, if anyone has done that before. And it is hourly pay + commission. For more info you can see the thread on that board
Work Place Like Home

I've started to apply, here are the steps:
# Submit Your Application (DONE)
# Complete Your Voice Audition (about 5 minutes; see below)
# Set Up Your Business (10-15 minutes)
# Authorize Your Background Check (5-10 minutes)
# Sign Your Contract (5-10 minutes)

The background check costs $60. And because it says "set up your business", I guess that means you're an IC.

Good luck to everyone!

Last edited by granolagirl; 01-27-2011 at 04:49 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2011, 10:47 AM
WAHM Regular

does anyone know how much the pay is?
Old 01-28-2011, 11:21 AM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDP18 View Post
does anyone know how much the pay is?
I want to know too. I have contacted three different people that are working for them, and not one has replied. I have several questions. I think I will end up just emailing EP with these questions myself, but I am most assured of getting straight answers from someone who is actually doing the job..kwim?
Old 01-28-2011, 03:27 PM
Super WAHM

I'm interested in knowing also. I received an email today from them, but trying to learn more before I pay a whopping $60 for a background check.
Old 01-28-2011, 05:48 PM
Registered WAHM

I would also like to know if this a hourly or by minute position. You can PM me if you like.
Old 01-28-2011, 07:59 PM
WAHM Regular

There is a guaranteed hourly pay according to the person who posted it on WPLH, and with upsells you can make even more.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:28 PM
Awesome WAHM

Since WPLH requires people to sign up to view the forums, and not everyone will want to here's a quote from someone there, the numbers seem to have been confirmed by a few other people as well. It sounds like the "hourly" sub minimum wage and you have to make up the rest through bonus' and commissions... Still some hourly is better than a straight commission, unless the commission amounts aren't worth it (I don't know what standard commissions are so I'm not a good judge there lol):

Quote:
I do not work there, but I do know that all agents that were working there prior to September 1, 2010 were grandfathered in and were able to keep the guaranteed rate pay (if working most of their 1 hour shift) of $5.50. Any agents that are new or were hired on after September 1, 2010 get the new lowered guaranteed rate of $3.50.

To me, that is still better than sitting for a whole hour working DR on LO and sometimes not getting any calls. Dont get me wrong, with LO you can make some good money, but I just wanted to comment on that part as far as the difference is concerned. You do get commissions off of each sale you make. It used to be 3%, but it got lowered to %2 so you get that too.

Also for each club that you sell you get $3.50....that is the new pay for selling them as it used to be $4.50. For each mag that you sell you get $1.00 which used to be $1.50.

When you go through the training it tells you that you get $5.50 gr per seat (which are in 1 hr increments), but since their pay structure changed ...new agents don't get that. They get $3.50 ....so you find that out after you've completed the training. They probably just haven't gotten around to changing that information to show the new gr pay.
I don't work for the company, and haven't researched them - I just read through the thread on WPLH to decide whether it was worth looking into so please don't ask me any questions. If you want more details you can refer to the thread linked above by the OP or to the business itself, but I figured throwing out some seemingly confirmed numbers to help people get an idea of the position would be helpful and stop people from wasting time if they want a solid guaranteed hourly wage.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:33 PM
Super WAHM

Thanks modernsurrender! I was just over there reading it.
Old 01-29-2011, 11:37 AM
WAHM Regular

Does anyone know how many hours you have to work a week?
Old 01-29-2011, 06:12 PM
WAHM Regular

Default EP

I read somewhere they expect 5 hrs on Sat, and 5hrs on Sun...bz days...

HTH.