Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-08-2011, 01:43 PM
Banned

Question Does anyone blog for a job?

I have a great idea for a blog - but how do you get paid? What is the best blog site to use for the most traffic and pay?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2011, 03:06 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladysathome View Post
I have a great idea for a blog - but how do you get paid? What is the best blog site to use for the most traffic and pay?
I just started a work at home jobs blog and I use wordpress, I think it is one of the better blog sites to use. You can get paid by having ads on your site and people clicking into the ads or people paying you to have their ads on your site if it is getting alot of traffic. I do not have all of the answers, but I am sure there are other people on here that could help you. Try checking out the website design folder and searching the Internet for ways to make money from blogging.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:00 PM
Grand WAHM

I agree. Having ads on your blog is one way to make money. If you're offering a product or service, you can blog about that too. If you create a blog about shopping for instance, you could direct traffic to different retailers and earn a small comission when someone makes a purchase.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:17 PM
Awesome WAHM

Either someone pay you to advertise something for them and/or having ads like Google Adsense are some of the ways to make money with blogging. The third option is to blog for someone but you gave away your rights for that blog posting to someone who own the site.
You want to know what's funny? One of my buds on Facebook posted up a link of the top 10 social media sites used during last year and it was posted somewhere last month.
Blogger was ranked first before Wordpress on the list.

Here's the list of what I'm referring to.
Do you agree with it or not?
Top 10 Social Media Site of 2010 Commercial and Small Business Lending Consultant
You would think that WP would beat Blogger.

And one more thing. Someone on here told me that in order to get away with placing ads on your WP blog, you have to pay to get it hosted. Otherwise, you're screwed to make any money off of it.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:44 PM
wguest

I'm paid to write posts for a corporate blog. I get $40 per 300 word post.
Old 01-09-2011, 08:20 PM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerryWriter View Post
I'm paid to write posts for a corporate blog. I get $40 per 300 word post.
I think that I'm going to guess that either they found you on the internet or the other way around of how you got it. Congrats.
I'm hoping that I could get some writing work in my local area. If I get to attend the ones during Tuesday in my area, I might get to meet some corpoiate owners. I'm not sure though. I did attend some biz meetings where I met a few people who was or at least maybe is still interested in my writing/blogging services.