Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 10-19-2010, 11:42 AM
WAHM Regular

Exclamation So many jobs don't know where to start!!!!

So I have looked and searched and found a lot of information. Maybe to much because now I'm so confused. I am looking for a real job that I can make at least $300 a week. I have a laptop my main computer is old and I don't have the money to update it. My laptop is only a year old and great connection, I have a phone but no long distance and it has call waiting but I maybe get two calls every week. I don't know where to start or what I would be good at. I have worked in the medical field working the front desk for eight years, the last two years I've worked with a rental company that works with hotels, movie sets, and very elite festivals here in New Orleans. I did clerical and all of the collections. I have a health condition that I have to take frequent breaks on certain days. Please any advice would really help and please just don't tell me to keep searching b/c I have looked and searched. Thank you very much for your time. Also does anyone make any good money doing surveys?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2010, 01:01 PM
WAHM Fanatic

I sent you a PM!!
Old 10-19-2010, 01:04 PM
Banned

There are so many different things you can do! Try and find something that fits what you enjoy doing, as it will seem alot less like work if you have fun while doing it
Old 10-19-2010, 01:35 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Cheap Phone Service

Hi - if you have a fast internet connection (I have Time Warner Roadrunner High Speed Internet) - then you could buy a MagicJack and drop your local phone service --- well, as long as you have backup plan - like a cell phone - for 911 service if your internet service goes out.

I paid $39.95 - and that paid for both the unit (goes in your USB port -and hooks up to a regular phone - between the phone and the computer) - anyhow... you'd figure out how to install it. And for the first year of service. ONE WHOLE YEAR OF PHONE FOR $39.95!!!

I have 3 portable phones in my condo hooked up to this along with the one hooked into my computer - and, like I mentioned, the $39.95 paid for the first year's service. Plus, when I connected the phone they gave me an option to sign up for an additional 5 years service for some ridiculously low number ... something like $60. My OLD phone bill was $30+ per month ... it was awesome making that phone bill go away. The service works great - IF you have fast internet. Otherwise it is very choppy ... you can't stream video or radio when you're on the phone - but I don't do that anyhow.

So - that's my first suggestion to help lower bills. I have no connection with MagicJack - I"m just a satisfied customer for almost 2 years. Free long distance. Music on hold ... Caller ID. Lots of features - including free conference calls. Anyhow, check it out. You can order it online or I believe you can get one at Walgreens(?) and I know for sure at RadioShack.

Good luck.

MaryBeth
Release the Power of MyShoppingGenie!
Old 10-19-2010, 03:45 PM
Super WAHM

I have to disagree with the poster above me. Until you have decided on a job, keep your telephone service, for there are companies who will NOT let you work for them if all you use is MagicJack.
Old 10-19-2010, 05:23 PM
Grand WAHM

What re your skills and experience? There are a lot of work at home positions that are customer service related. Do you have experience in that?

I'd recommend taking stock of your skills, and then searching through this section of the forum, applying for any jobs that you're qualified to do.

Good luck.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:00 PM
WAHM Fanatic

I would keep the phone. There are many CSR jobs out there, most require a land line phone, some permit laptops. Start going through the threads and applying to what seems like a good fit. CSR's earn $9-$10/hr, some are even FT w/benefits. After reviewing job descriptions, if you still have questions about a job ask, someone here will answer. Best wishes, pm me if I can help more.