Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 10-02-2010, 01:36 PM
Registered WAHM

Question Has Anyone heard from sell-my-home now

was suppose to start training but havent heard anything ?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2010, 03:58 PM
WAHM Fanatic

This is the same thing I posted on the other board....

I had this type of thing happen to me one time. I applied for a job and they required a particular type of pre-paid debit card in order to work for them. I signed up for the pre-paid card and when I told them I had enrolled for the card, I never hear anything back from them.

Not until years later I understood what happened. More than likely they are an affiliate of that card company; which explains why they say they have a "special arrangement" with them. Once you sign up for the card, the card company will pay them a bonus... something like $20 or $30.

There is nothing wrong with a company paying through a pre-paid credit card or recommending a certain card.. but when they make you get a particular card, I would definitely be suspicious. Strike 1 - Red Flag

On the same note, I did some research on the company. When you go to the domain link from the ad (www.sell-my-house-now.info) it redirects to www.sellmyhousefast.org. And by looking at the landing page url, I can tell this is an affiliate link. What this tells me is that "Irene" is an affiliate for the company... not an employee. When I say affiliate, that means she is a contractor who gets paid to drive traffic to the "real" site (www.sellmyhousefast.org). When someone completes the form on this site, she gets paid. This is NOT a good sign. Strike 2 - Red Flag

Next, I checked the domain name on the "real" site (www.sellmyhousefast.org). This company may indeed be legit, because it has been in business (online) since 2004 - however, this "Irene" person, has not had this domain (www.sell-my-house-now.info) but for a month. The .org domain was created by someone in Texas, and the domain created by Irene is said to be in Arizona. So the person who has been in business since 2004 and this "Irene" person is not the same person, which further proves that she is not directly connected to the company. Irene's domain was created in September 2010. Strike 3 - Red Flag

I really can't say for sure whether this company as a scam yet... but for as for me personally, if I was looking for a job, I would not apply. Proceed with caution.

Here is the domain information:

Whois Lookup - Domain Names Search, Registration, & Availability | Whois.net
Whois Lookup - Domain Names Search, Registration, & Availability | Whois.net

EDIT:: I am also working on a job audit section of my site where you will be able to submit me jobs to research for you. [link removed by mod]

Last edited by cibermom; 10-03-2010 at 12:16 AM. Reason: remove self-promotion link - please follow forum rules
Old 10-03-2010, 07:36 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Good research SmartChic! This was really good information.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:37 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartChic View Post
EDIT:: I am also working on a job audit section of my site where you will be able to submit me jobs to research for you. [link removed by mod]
would be nice if the mods stated why they removed the link. seems to me it would have been a handy link to have, helpful, especially with so many who get ripped off. i can't imagine the mod's objecting to something like that. so, there must have been a reason other than it's yet another wah job board, of which there are tons .. wahm's can't be all that afraid of other boards can they? competition? i doubt it. every board i've ever looked at all pretty much have the SAME jobs posted on it.

dunno.. just.. this kind of action makes me not really feel comfortable here. sure wish they would put a reason as to why they delete what would be helpful and useful to WAH peoples.
Old 10-03-2010, 12:50 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critter View Post
would be nice if the mods stated why they removed the link. seems to me it would have been a handy link to have, helpful, especially with so many who get ripped off. i can't imagine the mod's objecting to something like that. so, there must have been a reason other than it's yet another wah job board, of which there are tons .. wahm's can't be all that afraid of other boards can they? competition? i doubt it. every board i've ever looked at all pretty much have the SAME jobs posted on it.

dunno.. just.. this kind of action makes me not really feel comfortable here. sure wish they would put a reason as to why they delete what would be helpful and useful to WAH peoples.
Critter - the link is her website link, which is in her signatures. I have to remove the link because according to WAHM Forum Rules, any kind of self-promotion links is NOT allowed within posts anywhere except in the "Advertise Your Business" folder.

SmartChic is a senior and helpful member at WAHM, but the rules apply to EVERYONE no matter who you are. She broke the rules, and YES, that is the ONLY reason her link was removed.

Please PM me if you have any further questions or comments.

Last edited by cibermom; 10-03-2010 at 01:57 PM.
Old 10-03-2010, 06:25 PM
WAHM Regular

Thanks for saying! I didn't know or realize her link was for a "business" that would generate income to her.

I've no other questions.. again, thanks for taking time to say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciber8mx View Post
Critter - the link is her website link, which is in her signatures. I have to remove the link because according to WAHM Forum Rules, any kind of self-promotion links is NOT allowed within posts anywhere except in the "Advertise Your Business" folder.

SmartChic is a senior and helpful member at WAHM, but the rules apply to EVERYONE no matter who you are. She broke the rules, and YES, that is the ONLY reason her link was removed.

Please PM me if you have any further questions or comments.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:34 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critter View Post
Thanks for saying! I didn't know or realize her link was for a "business" that would generate income to her.

I've no other questions.. again, thanks for taking time to say!
No problem.