Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 06-10-2010, 11:33 PM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatworker View Post
I am a freelance Graphic Designer. Ideally, I would like to do Graphics jobs. I would aso like something on the side to supplement this due to the economy downturn.
You should consider also adding in freelance writing along with being a graphics designer because well, think about it. Most people need some contents for their website/blog. There are so many companies that hire FW (freelance writers). Let me know what you think.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2010, 06:45 AM
Registered WAHM

I'm amazed anyone out there is making money freelance writing. I have been doing it for years and only make a check when it's for one of the TV or Film studios I work for. Otherwise, No Pay is what the job listings always have. I live in NYC and 99.9% of the writing advers in Craigslist are NO PAY.

So you folks must be more observant than I am!
Old 06-14-2010, 08:00 AM
Awesome WAHM

Hi msp1518, Yes there are legit paying writing jobs available for WAH. Try textbrokers.com, demandstudios.com and breakstudios.com (BS pays $8 per 250 word article).

The money is there and available. I also have a friend who does quite well working at home doing writing and transcription but writing is her first love.

I also have a wah list. If you'd like it, pm me with your email address and I will send it to you.

Good luck.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:15 AM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msp1518 View Post
I'm amazed anyone out there is making money freelance writing. I have been doing it for years and only make a check when it's for one of the TV or Film studios I work for. Otherwise, No Pay is what the job listings always have. I live in NYC and 99.9% of the writing advers in Craigslist are NO PAY.

So you folks must be more observant than I am!
MSP1518, I encourage you to visit the Moms Who Write forum here at WAHM to learn how to make a full-time income writing (WAHMs Who Write - WAHM Forums - WAHM.com). Trust me, it's not only possible to make money, but it's possible to make GOOD money freelance writing.

If you'd like to earn a decent living writing, you may want to venture beyond writing for tv and film, and try article writing for a while. In particular, you'll want to learn how to create SEO content. Also, look for gigs beyond NYC. Though I routinely see a lot of writing gigs in that area, there are tons outside of NY. Consider taking private client work, too, by listing your services on CL.

Besides reading through the Moms Who Write forum, here are a few other sites that can help you expand your freelance career:

Writing Gigs : Freelance Writing Jobs for Web and Print| Part of the Freelance Writing Jobs Blog Network

The Freelance Feed - Premium Freelance Aggregator

All Freelance Writing - Your Secret to Freelance Writing Success - Freelance Writing Blog, Freelance Writing Jobs, Freelance Writers' Markets, Freelance Marketplace, and Free Stuff for Freelance Writers

Copywriting and Content Marketing Strategies | Copyblogger

Michael Stelzner's Writing White Papers

Blog Tips to Help You Make Money Blogging - ProBlogger

No Job For Mom

http://blog.jennescalona.com/

These will give you an idea of the types of writing opportunities freelancers are earning money working on. There are also a ton of sites that you can begin making money with very quickly, such as:

Buy Website Content, Order Articles - Constant Content

Freelance Jobs | Demand Studios

Elance | Outsource to freelance professionals, experts, and consultants - Get work done on Elance

Outsource to Freelancers, IT Companies, Programmers, Web Designers from India, Russia, USA, and more

Freelance Jobs & Freelancers - iFreelance.com

It's not that you're less observant, just that you need to know where to "observe". I hope you find this information useful and have a sweet day!
Old 06-14-2010, 08:16 AM
WAHM Regular

There is a whole folder in this forum on freelance writing jobs in the folder called Moms who Write. I also have a list on my blog if you'd like. I write for Demand Studios, Break Studios and Internet Brands. They all pay per article. Most sites pay per article or do profit sharing in which case you need to learn SEO to make decent money. I did not have any writing experience except for my blog and then wrote a few articles on Helium to get some samples but there is more work out there than I have time for so there is definitely plenty of available writing work. Textbrokers is also a really good one when you are first getting experience.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:43 AM
Registered WAHM

Thanks to all for some great information. Of course, now I have to spend all day reading. Ugh.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:34 AM
Awesome WAHM

moneymakinmama
You forgot some of the other ones which should be included in the list.
Work at Home Jobs: Free legitimate Opportunities to work
Freelance Job Openings : Hire a Freelancer!
Freelance Writing Jobs | A Freelance Writing Community and Freelance Writing Jobs Resource
About Freelance Writing ? Helping freelance writers find jobs for free and make more money with their writing by Anne Wayman
Work at Home Jobs for Moms Thank you there. You have some writing jobs which I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart and I am sure other moms who write thanks you too.
Work At Home Mafia ? join the family that works at home and saves
Work At Home No Scams, Make Money & Real Job Opportunities, No Hype!

And there are many others out there for writing jobs too. I also have a book written and updated by Lynie Arden that list different jobs and biz op in her book called "Work at home Sourcebook" which is the 10th edition. If you can, check it out at your local library or order it online. This book is also invaluable and have different writing jobs as well. Most of them, I didn't know and I placed papers and such as bookmarkers where I can apply for them later on.

Sadie, for the break studios one, the correct link is breakstudios.break.com
Old 06-16-2010, 10:42 AM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurie1979 View Post
moneymakinmama
You forgot some of the other ones which should be included in the list.
Work at Home Jobs: Free legitimate Opportunities to work
Freelance Job Openings : Hire a Freelancer!
Freelance Writing Jobs | A Freelance Writing Community and Freelance Writing Jobs Resource
About Freelance Writing ? Helping freelance writers find jobs for free and make more money with their writing by Anne Wayman
Work at Home Jobs for Moms Thank you there. You have some writing jobs which I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart and I am sure other moms who write thanks you too.
Work At Home Mafia ? join the family that works at home and saves
Work At Home No Scams, Make Money & Real Job Opportunities, No Hype!

And there are many others out there for writing jobs too. I also have a book written and updated by Lynie Arden that list different jobs and biz op in her book called "Work at home Sourcebook" which is the 10th edition. If you can, check it out at your local library or order it online. This book is also invaluable and have different writing jobs as well. Most of them, I didn't know and I placed papers and such as bookmarkers where I can apply for them later on.

Sadie, for the break studios one, the correct link is breakstudios.break.com
Thanks, Laurie! Yes, those should definitely be included. In fact, there are a couple that I've never heard of, so I appreciate the heads up. Thank you for also including my site and I'm pleased to hear that it's been helpful to you. Hearing that just makes my day!

Tags
flexible schedule, flexible time, flexible work