Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 05-26-2010, 10:35 AM
Super WAHM

Default Internet-Company / JobNab

Has anyone heard about internet-company . com?? I have an interview with them tomorrow morning for a Job Scout position. But I have never heard anything about them and was wondering if any of you have? The email verification that I got says JobNab after the mans signature???

Any info would be great!
Cindy
Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2010, 10:59 AM
Banned

See this thread:

http://www.wahm.com/forum/telecommut...t-company.html
Old 05-26-2010, 11:53 AM
Registered WAHM

Hi, there seems to be some incorrect information out there about our company, and I would like to spend a little time dispelling those myths. Let me begin by briefly describing our process.

JobNab is a job matching service. What we do is determine the type of job you're looking for, and send you jobs in your area that match those preferences. You can get an email, a text message, or simply log in to your account to see those jobs. From there you can see the job details to see if it's a position you actually want to pursue. If you do, you click on the "apply" link and you're taken to that job's application, whether it be on the company's website or through their preferred application service.

The idea is that we're trying to take some of the work out of job hunting for you. Instead of you having to wade through pages of unrelated jobs -- or franchise opportunities and fee-based positions -- we only show you the jobs we think you'll be interested in.

The process to achieve this is pretty simple. First, we hire job scouts to locate jobs in their assigned market to submit to the site. These can be found on company sites, job boards, local classifieds, penny savers, etc. Where ever jobs are listed. Once these jobs are submitted, a manager reviews the position to ensure that it meets our requirements. The job must be for a legitimate position. If it's one of those business opportunity, fee-based positions, or one of the endless listings for the military that clog up other job boards, we don't approve it. Since we're not taking money from employers to list jobs, we don't have to accept those positions like other job sites do.

This is what makes us different. We're not leaving it up to an automated process or computer algorythm. We're combining the best of technolgy while retaining the human touch.

Our revenue model is based on leads. During the registration process we ask if the user would be interested in furthering their education. If they genuinely then they are transferred to a school advisor who helps them do that. We are paid for that lead.

Users who are not interested in school are simply allowed to log in to the site and start receiving their job matches.

We work with the same schools as just about all of the other major job sites.

Job Scouts are paid a percentage of the leads generated by their job posts. There are no fees required to become a Job Scout.

That's a basic overview of the site, and should answer most questions. We've also set up a Facebook discussion group that you can join if you would like. It's located at:

JobNab Customer Support | Facebook

We've set that up to similarly dispell many of the myths that have arose regarding our company and our new site. As has been pointed out, there have been many incorrect assumptions made about our company and our past ventures. Just about everything you read on the internet amount to nothing more than theories and accusations. However, if you read carefully you'll see that no actual conclusions are actually reached. We want to change that, which is why we're going to be as open as possible regarding our business.

So, if you have any questions you need answered, please feel free to visit the afforementioned Facebook page, post your question, and we'll answer it within one business day. You may also find many of your questions already answered.

Of, if you prefer, I can answer your questions here.

Thanks for your interest in JobNab.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:44 PM
WAHM Regular

Thumbs down Don't waste your time

I started the other link that is above. In there you will find this link for you tube. YouTube - The Internet Company internet-company.com, WFTV reporting complaints about Alec Difrawi company
I suggested you watch it first. Since I applied there but never went through with my interview I have gotten over 50 phone calls from schools saying I was inquiring about going to school. I got so tired of telling them no I have not and them saying yes I have the information here that I quit answering unknown callers or #'s I did not know.
Old 05-26-2010, 07:27 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Stay away!!

A few months ago or so, when I was applying to EVERYTHING I must have accidentally submitted my information to this JobNab place. For anyone who has not yet done this - STAY FAR AWAY FROM THEM!! They will continue to send you unwanted emails. The other day, long after I had requested that I be removed from any type of contact list, they sent my phone a text message!! Now I never, and I mean NEVER stated that it was okay for them to be sending my telephone text messages. First of all, they are lucky that I have a iphone and all text messages are included, otherwise, if I had to pay per text messages they would be receiving a bill in the mail from me requesting payment for the unwanted texts. Secondly, what type of a professional company sends you a message via text stating that they have a job that they would like you to apply for. If I were still in the job market I would be so turned off that a company was asking me to apply for a job by text message. I mean WOW.
Old 05-26-2010, 07:52 PM
WAHM Regular

Cindy,

I've never heard of the Internet-company.com or JobNab. However, what I'm reading here is typical of a scam: the majority of posts say stay away, it's a scam, and one post (by the company in question) is saying that it's a legit company.

So who's telling the truth? I guess you have to be the judge.

My advice: search Google and find all the information you can about a company you are considering joining. This can go for on and off line companies. After you gather your data, ask the owner for references. If they fail to give you references, you know what you should do.

Good luck!

Jeff
Old 05-27-2010, 05:47 AM
Registered WAHM

Thank you for the feedback. I'll try to address all of your issues.

First, that video from YouTube represents someone who was upset because the job we offered her was not the job she imagined. Although we had done everything we could to explain the duties of the position, she felt that since it was different than what she thought, that we somehow wronged her. In reality, all we did was offer her a job.

The problem was that she read some of the accusations on the Internet. The important thing to note is that all of the information that's on the internet are simply opinions. They are not fact. However, after reading these opinions, she felt that we were "scamming" her. That's precisely why we're making the effort to come to sites like this and present the entire story. She did not fully understand our process or business, and only presented half of the story. If she had the opportunity to get her questions answered by us, then she would not have felt as if going to the news was her only recourse.

As explained earlier, during the registratoin process for our site users are asked about furthering their education. If you answer yes, then you will be contacted. If you answer no, you will not. If you no longer wish to receive emails from us, then click unsubscribe and you will be removed from our lists. The same is true for text messages. If you are receving them you previously indicated that you would like to receive them. If you did in error, or no longer want to receive them, follow the instructions in the text to stop them. We will abide by your wishes.

As a company we openly embrace new technology. Text messages are increasingly becoming the preferred method for people everywhere to communicate with each other. We've actually gotten a very positive response from users regarding text messages.

I hope this answers your questions. If you have more, I'd be happy to help you further.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:10 AM
WAHM Fanatic

another research tool is web of trust, Safe Browsing Tool | WOT Web of Trust

You don't need to download anything, just use the search feature. WOT is not the most user friendly site, but it contains a tremendous amount of information.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:33 PM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKizziar View Post
JobNab is part of the Career-Network scam network run by Difrawi & Bell (same as the big modeling scam a few years back?)

Essentially they operate for these purposes:

Applicant Personally Identifiable Information - They farm information about people to sell/use for marketing purposes. The only jobs they will ever show you, are jobs that their "job scouts" have found on sites like monster, indeed, etc.

Education Commission - Their recruiters work very hard to try and sign people up with online schools, often explaining that many prospective employers are more interested in candidates pursuing higher education. Once done the schools pay them a commission even just for signing you up for more information.

Hired Scam - They also will sometimes extend job offers to find and post job listings online, on job boards, craigslist, etc. Over and over employees have complained about not getting paid for their efforts in doing this, and it is simply another way to rope in more applicants.

Also the owner of this site is apparently .......

News reports on serial scammer Alec Difrawi, Ayman El-Difrawi aka Alec Defrawy

http://scamfraudalert.wordpress.com/...r-network-com/

http://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.jobnab.com

HTH... I still stand by my statement. BE CAREFUL GUYS

Last edited by notary_mom; 09-10-2010 at 06:35 PM. Reason: MORE LINKS