Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-16-2010, 09:56 AM
Super WAHM

Default Is it really worth the investment for Arise?

I have completed everything and now I am ready to take ACP101. But I really want to know is it worth the investment? I have to get a land line phone and get it installed also I will have to pay the $200 dollars for training. The lady on Live Chat said that the pay will be any where from $10 to $14 an hour. And that you will have to train for 3-6 weeks about 4 a day with out any pay. To me this is not sounding right. I do have a LLC so that investment is over with. I am working with the census until June 1st 40 hours a week, so I will be ok on the income. Just wondering. Any Advice would be great!

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I have a Mac and PC. So she said there would be more opportunities for me. ANy other Mac users here with any advice?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2010, 06:21 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Not bashing Arise, never worked there, and don't know anything about them. I'm just a beleiver in not paying to get a job. I make the same hourly wage with 2-3 different companies, and did not invest any money, other than test taking time for one. If u have a mac, I posted a tech support job w/Apple a while back. Do a search here, or check my blog. Good luck 2 u.
Old 04-16-2010, 06:29 PM
WAHM Regular

Arise isn't a job. I'm pretty sure its a business opportunity and those require an investment. I've been debating for a few months now if I should try it or not. I've been reading the other threads about Arise, but I'm still uncertain if I want to take the risk.
Old 04-16-2010, 07:04 PM
WAHM Fanatic

I wanted to jump in on this. Well Arise is both a job and a business opportunity so to speak. You have to pay upfront costs because you are in business for yourself, yet you provide customer service, sales assistance, etc for top gun companies. However, I don't want to bash Arise either but this is my belief: If you can afford to pay Arise for all these courses, then you can have your own business and not have to answer to anyone.

But on the same note, you can get a very good job with Arise. IF --- theres a big IF.... so IF you get accepted by a client. Here's the thing, you pay the $99 for the basic course.. well let's say you want to work for AAA.. well you then have to learn AAA software and go through training again; which means you'll have to purchase another course.

For every client that you work for, you will have to get trained for them and purchase another course. Last time I read, the courses were around $50 or more. But then again, things could have change. So, that is what I know about them.

I'm pretty much on the fence with this one.
Old 04-16-2010, 07:12 PM
Awesome WAHM

I totally agree with Helena1. And you hear it all the time on these boards to never pay money to work at a job. That's usually a sign of a scam or it's a "business opportunity".

I did a google search and here is what I found on ripoff report.com: Ripoff Report: INVESTIGATION: Arise Virtual Solutions commitment to 100% agent satisfaction, Arise Virtual Solutions implemented a strategic framework to insure agents continue to maximize their corporation?s revenues while enjoying the freedom of .

There are both good and bad posts, however I would recommend reading it and then make your own decision.

Good luck and hope that helps.
Old 04-16-2010, 07:15 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Arise

Hi,

I have been working from home for about five years now and I have learned that if you can't afford to lose the money then don't invest in it, cause like any business venture it may not work out. I am a single mom of three beautiful children and I feel that money that I would use could be spent on them. I am struggling and it's hard enough to have to work 2-3 jobs w/out paying anything. It seems to me that arise has a great thing, they make lots of money not only off the companies but workers as well. I understand this is a business but why not call it a biz opp? This is the only company I have seen that charges these outrageous fees. I am not putting them down, but this is not worth it in my eyes.

Just my two cents. Why pay for a CSR job when you can work for another company as csr and get paid and not have to pay any money. It's kind of crazy, if you really think about it. I don't like to pay to work, I would rather own my business than have to answer to somebody and pay 100.00-200.00 every time I turn around. Anyway, just my two cents.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:34 PM
WAHM Fanatic

I totally agree. Arise will not pay "people" only businesses..(well at least that is what the program states) It may be a tax thing. I still don't understand that. But anyways....

The only thing that I can say differs from the "other" CSR jobs that you don't have to pay a fee to join is that Arise contractors make way more that a regular contractor. They're normal start rate is around $12-$13 per hour. Working with some of the Fortune 500 companies they have, people can make as much as $15 per hour. This is not with sales or commissions.. this is straight customer service jobs. Average hourly pay for all other telecommuters is around $8.50-$9.00 per hour. So that is a big "Pro" working with Arise.

But I still wouldn't do it. It's just too much money to invest. Even though your incorporated, in the end you still can't say the business is "yours" because without Arise you don't have any clients. So really you have nothing even though you have invested all that money.

Money wise you are running a business but in reality your just the same as everyone else who work for a company who didn't pay a dime.

Sorry Arise
Old 04-16-2010, 09:34 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Don't forget you're paying your own taxes

You also have to deduct your 15.3% self-employment taxes
Old 04-16-2010, 10:06 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Wow~ that's a good one. Never thought about that!
Old 04-17-2010, 05:25 AM
Awesome WAHM

I also read (see my above post) that they deduct a fee to work for them out of each paycheck.