Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-22-2011, 05:46 PM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreid26 View Post
Just to give a little insight, i work with arise and it is not bad at all. I worked on intuit doing tax season making about $14 an hr. and the fee was like $2 an hr or something out of your check. The key to that is hooking up with someone who is already has a corporation with arise like i did and work for that person. I had paid out nothing because he has it to where if u past your training class he will reimburse you for your fees. The jobs they have on their site are really good companies that pay out really good. I have a friend working with AT&T at $18 and some change. So if u were to work for someone and they took out $2 an hr u would still make $16 an hr which is still good. I would suggest to work for someone that is already a member with arise until u could afford to branch off on your own.
So does this mean that you are still an IC if you go this route?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2011, 10:35 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadie1Lady1 View Post
I also read (see my above post) that they deduct a fee to work for them out of each paycheck.
My sister in law is doing this and they take 19.95 a check she said overall I think she told me she has put out 600 so far, she says she likes it but I came here to check out and see what I could find about it because I wanted to know about the company. More and More I am thinking I am not going to be getting involved in this.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:39 PM
Registered WAHM

Unhappy Arise

I was on a webinar on Sat. The orginal ad did not state this. The post on WAHM said we would be hired on to a secondary group. Not having to incorporate.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:23 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire98 View Post
I was on a webinar on Sat. The orginal ad did not state this. The post on WAHM said we would be hired on to a secondary group. Not having to incorporate.
Sapphire you don't have to incorporate if you go through a group like Open Door MultiServices. I joined with them and pretty much my only out of pocket expense has been the background check (12 dollars) and I start training with my client next Monday!!

Good luck!!
Old 10-03-2011, 08:55 PM
Super WAHM

You do not have to pay the large fees involved in a full incorporation. I am not sure about what state your are in but I did an LLC and they accept those. They are relatively inexpensive. I didnt have to pay more than around $50-$75 total including sales tax license, articles of incorp, fictitious name etc.....

I am personally still waiting for a non phone opp.......
Old 10-04-2011, 03:56 AM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSmama View Post
Sapphire you don't have to incorporate if you go through a group like Open Door MultiServices. I joined with them and pretty much my only out of pocket expense has been the background check (12 dollars) and I start training with my client next Monday!!

Good luck!!
Just wondering what kind of specials are going on right now that you are only out the background check?!! I would absolutely love to join but can't afford too much right now. Thanks!!!
Old 10-04-2011, 04:24 AM
WAHM Regular

I go through Diana Bresaw at Open Door Multiservices. Same deal, I was only out the background check.
Here's her email
[email protected]
Old 10-04-2011, 02:53 PM
Banned

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by katieelewis View Post
Hello-
I know your post is kind of older but thought I would add my 2 cents...I have been with Arise for the past 2 years and have had immense fortune with them. I started working AT&T Live Person Chat and then left because of Family needs. I went to the Disney application after that and was super unhappy with that client but I am now back to AT&T and couldnt be happier. To be honest I was skeptical about it in the beginning because of the expense, but as someone else stated, this is not a job but a business opportunity. You would pay to open another business on your own so this is really no different. I think the outcome of any of these 'legit' companies is your attitude. If you go in with a negative one you will not have success, that is really the bottom line. I am very happy with Arise, I will say there are things I wish were different but for the most part I couldn't be happier.
I feel so lucky that I can stay at home with my daughter and also bring in some money as well. It is a personal preference, of course, but if you are serious about working from home this is an excellent company to do so with.
Again, I know this is a little late in responding, but I wanted to put this out there for you in case you are still on the fense at all.
Good luck!
I'm making about $800 a week now at my seasonal job - but it will end for the season soon. Can I make as much with Arise?
Old 11-21-2011, 11:26 AM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladysathome View Post
I'm making about $800 a week now at my seasonal job - but it will end for the season soon. Can I make as much with Arise?
Can't really say if you can make this much or not. Arise has many
clients and each one has a different pay scale. I saw a post that
someone was making $14 / hr with Walgreens.

I was with AT&T and their pay scale ranges from $10 - $16. If you
do well, that can increase to $18 / hr. A word of warning: AT&T is
the most difficult client that Arise has. The training is a whole lot
of info crammed into a short amount of time, but that's the least
of your worries. Nesting will determine if you continue with this
client. It will either make you or break you. There really is no in
between.

Also keep in mind that the hourly pay we quote is really .19 -.28 cents
per call. If calls are back to back, then your earnings will look like
you are getting paid hourly. If you chose a client that has low call
volume, then getting a handful of calls will be a big waste of time.

The final thing that caused me to bail and head over to Alpine Access
was that Arise deducts $20 bucks per pay period from your paycheck
for life. If you have low call volume and make $60 within 2 weeks,
$20 of that is going to Arise. $40 bucks a month adds up to $480 I
would have to give away every year I'm employed by Alpine.

So, is Arise worth it? For me....no thank you. Alpine pays hourly,
regardless of call volume. This makes for a more steady income.
Instead of making you pay for a training class, they actually pay
you to train which is also hourly pay. Last, but not least is Alpine
does not deduct anything out of your paycheck, except taxes.

AA may not pay as high as Arise clients, but the good news is
that I have a set schedule to work without having to compete
for hours. Also, when I went into production, it was exactly like
the training so I was thoroughly prepared, unlike with AT&T.