Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Telecommuting

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-18-2015, 09:30 AM
Registered WAHM
Default Contractor with Blooms Today

Ive been working from home for awhile now with Blooms Today. They do it as a contractor but it feels no different to me. I get paid hourly and direct deposit every two weeks. They are hiring right now too since the holidays are coming, but I would recommend to do it

Hope this helps!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2015, 09:31 AM
Registered WAHM
Default Blooms Today

Im sorry I forgot to put their web address www.bloomstoday.com

Good luck!
Old 09-21-2015, 05:32 AM
Super WAHM
Smile Great information!

Originally Posted by my2SeptemberSons View Post
Here is a list of companies that hire employees versus independent contractors. However, not all of the ones listed provide benefits to their employees. In my years of research there are not many companies that will offer benefits to those of us who choose to work from home whether we are employees or contractors. Hope this list helps. Also if anyone knows of others out there that are not on this list please feel free to add them and I will make this list a sticky since it is asked frequently.

1-800-Flowers begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 1-800-Flowers end_of_the_skype_highlighting

Advise Tech
AdviseTech - Contact Information

Alpine Access

Call center employees, call center careers at Call Center Ansafone

Career in Virtual Call Center, Business Process Back Office Outsourcing

Blue Zebra
Sales Lead Generation Services - Business Telemarketing B2B Appointment Setting Services

Catalog Teleservices
work at home position part at catalogteleservices.com

Channel Blend

Cloud 10

Career Opportunities at Connect2Agent

Customer Loyal Concepts
Customer Retention

Delta Corporate Communications
Deltacorporate.com - Employment opportunities Resources and Information.This website is for sale!

Expert Business Development
Expert Business Development

Extended Presence

GE Call Centers
Careers at GE

Hire Point TeleTech

TeleTech @Home is currently being offered in Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin and Wyoming. The program is also available at selected states in Australia and the United Kingdom. Additional locations will be announced as this becomes available.

J. Lodge
| J.Lodge Corporation - Quality Call Monitoring, Call Center Operations, Virtual Employee Contracting

Jet Blue

New Corp FAQs

Time Communications

VForce through NTI (formally know as as Intrep)
The page has changed location - you will be redirected

West At Home
West at Home: Become an Agent

XAct TeleSolutions
XACT | Welcome - Call Center Solutions & Services, Inbound, Outbound, Customer Service, CRM, Order Entry, Help Desk, Direct Response, Outsourcing

This is a good list! I am familiar with some of these companies. The company I work for hires employees and provides benefits to both full time and part time employees.
Old 05-03-2016, 06:35 AM
Registered WAHM

In my opinion it is always better to work as an employee instead of a contractor. For me, it is a matter of job security and this factor alone is enough to make your decision.
Old 07-25-2016, 12:20 AM
Registered WAHM

This list is very helpful. I checked some link and they are really useful. But It's not easy to find work online. You need patience and and you have to be prepared. Build your portfolio strong and always work with Esignature it will help you to sign documents online with your client. Building portfolio take some time but it will definitely give you profit.
Old 06-01-2017, 10:57 AM
WAHM Regular
Default Contractor vs. Employee

That is an extensive list. Thanks for posting. Very helpful

I know these days many companies including Daily Transcription that I work for turn to contractor employees as it saves the smaller companies money and time. In that way they are able to pass the savings along to their clients which makes it easier for them to obtain new clients.

As a contractor, I have not had to pay out federal taxes since we currently have 8 in the house and my husband is working. I am able to deduct which offsets my taxes. It would be a fact of setting up to pay into your state taxes primarily for social security benefits, etc. If you look online for your state there should be a form to set it up.

Mostly it is a little time consuming making sure I am saving receipts etc. if needed but most of it is depreciation of equipment I was already using for personal use.

Good luck in your job venture
Daily Transcription Team You Say It, We Type It....
Old 08-18-2017, 09:23 AM
Registered WAHM

Working as a contractor you can forget about a normal pension, so only an employee.
Old 10-26-2017, 09:08 PM
Registered WAHM
Thumbs up Thanks

This was very helpful.