Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-28-2010, 03:21 PM
WAHM Fanatic

I'll have to say the company covered themselves. I pulled this from they're site. Here is why this won't go far... this is what we all signed and agreed to.

10. Federal, State, and Local Payroll Taxes. You acknowledge that You are an independent contractor, not an employee of xxxxxxxxxx, and You are not entitled to any employment rights or benefits from xxxxxxxxxx. No federal, state, local income or payroll tax will be withheld or paid by xxxxxxxxxx on behalf of You or Your employees.

13. Non-Disparagement. During the term of this Agreement, neither You nor xxxxxxxxxxx may make any disparaging statement about the other party (including, without limitation, xxxxxxxxxx, its Affiliates, or any of their respective directors, officers, employees or agents).

17. General Release. You hereby release xxxxxxxxxx and its Affiliates (and their respective employees, directors, officers, agents and representatives) from any and all claims, demands, and damages (actual, consequential and otherwise) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, including claims for compensation (other than compensation to which You are entitled) arising out of or in any way connected with Services, materials or Work Product submitted by You or by another at Your direction, and any dispute between one or more users, Guides, or other Users of the Service Platform.

18. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless xxxxxxxxxx and its Affiliates from and against any and all losses, demands, claims, damages, expenses, judgments, or liabilities, including, but not limited to, costs, attorneys' fees, taxes, fines, penalties, interest or any other awards which they may incur, suffer, or be required to pay in connection with the defense or settlement of any action, suit, or proceeding based upon general liability, or any other claims brought by any person, entity, or organization arising out of any breach of this Agreement by You or any negligent, wrongful or unlawful act or omission on Your part.

22. Service Platform Warranty Disclaimer. The Service Platform is provided on an "AS IS" basis. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, xxxxxxxxxx makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, including without limitation: (1) any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, or non-infringement; or (2) that the Service Platform, shall meet Your requirements, shall always be available, accessible, uninterrupted, timely, secure, operate without error, or shall contain any particular features or functionality. Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained from the xxxxxxxxxx web site or through the Service Platform is accessed at Your own discretion and risk, and You will be solely responsible for any damage to Your computer system or loss of data that results from downloading any such material. You agree that xxxxxxxxxx has the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service Platform (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that xxxxxxxxxx shall not be liable to You for any modification, suspension, or discontinuance of the Service Platform.

Last edited by SmartChic; 01-28-2010 at 03:24 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2010, 04:19 PM
WAHM Regular

can anybody pm me information on this please i would really like to know thanks
Old 01-28-2010, 04:41 PM
WAHM Regular

For everyone who is asking for PM's, Google "mobile search text search" and then you'll have your answer.
Old 01-28-2010, 04:47 PM
Awesome WAHM

Ohhhhh wow. I got hired there a long time ago and never ended up working. There is a transcription service that types answering messages that is in my opinion just as bad.
Old 02-01-2010, 04:03 PM
Banned

Wink

It seems their workforce has diminished. There are 'work alerts' all day and night and when you try to use the service you often get the 'too busy right now'... etc etc... They should pay more so more people will work and they'll get better quality work.
Old 02-01-2010, 04:18 PM
WAHM Fanatic

That's true but I've been making some decent cash in the last couple of days since many people have been off... it's working exactly like I stated...All of the people who are still working are getting back to back work.
Old 02-01-2010, 06:04 PM
WAHM Regular

There are some of the "old school" folks making great cash with them for now. That's the problem though isn't it? For now. For now is great and fine until the company finds yet another way to stick it to the ones who have stayed on. This is an ever flowing wheel with them. Happy and paying...lower the pay....everyone talks strike...let's make it better...okay fine we'll hire more people to replace the ones who did the strike...back to happy. Then the circle just starts over.

The bottom line is that they will more than likely not see the problem with underpaying their contractors. They will outsource and in about a year or so either find that no one in the US and most of Europe and Canada wants to deal with outsourced work. They will try and do damage control like so many other companies (just look at Jitterbugs ads tv ads that decalre "US operators"). When damage control doesn't work they will either pay the correct and reasonable wages or go under.

A strike won't make them budge I hate to say. It will only serve to make them do what they are planning on doing anyway which is pay less for more "quality work". Bottom line the money is coming in and lining the pockets of who matters to them so what do they care if a few work at home "moms" get hurt in the process. They only care about their own butts.
Old 02-01-2010, 06:05 PM
WAHM Addict

Wow yeah lol I just check this out and yeah people are just going to take the place of the people that are on strike. The only times that strikes actually work is if there is a labor union and even then it doesn't always work. They will just send the jobs to India or the Philippines like a lot of other companies have if they can't get US workers to work for them.
Old 02-01-2010, 06:38 PM
WAHM Regular

This is going to sound really harsh and I don't mean to offend anyone but in this situation it boils down to a very simple issue.

If you are part of the bricklayers union in Boston and you don't get paid or your pay is cut in half you strike.

If you work for the company that shall not be named (Harry Potter fan here sorry I couldn't resist) then you say you are worth more than 10 cents per message (or less) and you find something else.

I know times are tough, believe me I know, but even when its tough your time is worth more than to be treated like you live in Dubai. I'm sorry but $1 doesn't convert to $50 here. It stays $1.

These companies do not care about the contractors. In essence they hire contractors to avoid paying out cash for things like I dunno...work. They want someone easy to find and easy to toss should the poo hit the fan. Contractors are a dime a dozen it's just that this company took that statement seriously.
Old 02-01-2010, 07:38 PM
WAHM Fanatic

cstmec.. I find your posting rather offensive not only for me but for others. Just because a company decreases pay by 1 cent (yes, 1 cent) and people want to continue working for them does not make them "old school" nor does it justify the means for a strike.... This is one company out of hundreds that are available. I clearly don't understand what the complaining is all about. It's not like we were getting rich off of it anyway. Even if we worked it full time.. it was never meant to be full time employment.. on a little egg for extra money.

I really think you need to be cautious about what you say on these forums because there are people from all over the world on here. To say, your not trying to be offensive, and then be offensive is really double standard.

It's not about hurting people to get your point across. Giving your opinion should not be directed to nationality or certain groups in society. Once you start doing that, your voice no longer has an affect nor mean anything.. you just lose respect.

Last edited by SmartChic; 02-01-2010 at 07:41 PM.