Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 04:51 PM
WAHM Regular

Thumbs up Great Tips

Im not currently in search of a new job, but these are some really great, and helpful tips ladies.. thank you !!
Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-2012, 03:55 AM
WAHM Regular

Headlines should be of same size, font, and weight. Every line should be aligned properly. Don't ever forget to spell check and proofread. Mention your phone number, Email Id at the top, So it will be visible to the recruiter. Include the phone and fax numbers as an easy reference. Limit the length of the resume up to two pages.

Hope you will get benefited.

Good Luck
Old 02-27-2013, 07:58 PM
WAHM Regular

Wow. I'm reading the original post and all the tips and tricks since then. All I can think is, "My resume is so boring!" I kept mine very minimal and to the point. I think minimalism can be helpful, but I do need serious flavor. A little bit of arugula, some drippings of vinegar dressing, definitely a few extra cheese. Hmm. Really pondering that one tip on qualifications over objectives. Yeah, back to the drawing board I go.

I definitely employ the use of large headers / regular body font. That's just eye-catching and appealing to me personally. I also recommend adding your own website link that is relevant to your resume.

Oh, and cover letters. Always acknowledge the details of the job, the reputation of the company, and then explain exactly how you fit into all of that. Keep it at three paragraphs (one page), and use website link/e-mail right under your "signature".
Old 03-03-2013, 12:46 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Resume tips and Tricks

Hi, PorchGoblin: Pleasure to meet you. I am tea63.

I was reading your artical on Resume Tips and tricks.

Do you write them for other people?, not the people in our forums. Is this your profession?

Either way, you sound like you know your stuff. I am new and I look for all the tips and tricks about how to pass company's test's, How to make clear I am interested in their companie's online.
I can not at this time fined a Job because I have-not finisished my requirements on Wham, inorder to recieve all the things I need to search job opportunities.

Thank you from tea63

Thank you for all your resume tips and tricks.

tea63 over but not out.
Old 03-03-2013, 12:53 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Resume tips and tricks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmbrown124 View Post
Im not currently in search of a new job, but these are some really great, and helpful tips ladies.. thank you !!
I agree. The people on Wahm are Wonderfull, always willing to help and give great information.

tes63
Old 03-03-2013, 01:11 PM
WAHM Regular

Default reaume tipa and tricks

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosstaylor2440 View Post
Headlines should be of same size, font, and weight. Every line should be aligned properly. Don't ever forget to spell check and proofread. Mention your phone number, Email Id at the top, So it will be visible to the recruiter. Include the phone and fax numbers as an easy reference. Limit the length of the resume up to two pages.

Good Luck
Great to meet you RossTaylor2440.
I am tea63. Thank you also for tips, also thank you for posting contact information about
Create My Resume and other helpfull sites.

tes63, Like I said Great people on this site
Old 03-03-2013, 01:16 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorchGoblin View Post
Wow. I'm reading the original post and all the tips and tricks since then. All I can think is, "My resume is so boring!" I kept mine very minimal and to the point. I think minimalism can be helpful, but I do need serious flavor. A little bit of arugula, some drippings of vinegar dressing, definitely a few extra cheese. Hmm. Really pondering that one tip on qualifications over objectives. Yeah, back to the drawing board I go.

I definitely employ the use of large headers / regular body font. That's just eye-catching and appealing to me personally. I also recommend adding your own website link that is relevant to your resume.

Oh, and cover letters. Always acknowledge the details of the job, the reputation of the company, and then explain exactly how you fit into all of that. Keep it at three paragraphs (one page), and use website link/e-mail right under your "signature".
tea63 I agree, I also have a lot to learn.
Old 03-03-2013, 01:26 PM
WAHM Regular

Default resume tips and tricks

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosstaylor2440 View Post

Good Luck
Thank you. from tea63
Old 03-03-2013, 01:32 PM
WAHM Regular

Thumbs up resume tips and tricks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmbrown124 View Post
The willingness of the treat people on Wahm, I very overwhelming. I am greatefull to all the Wahmer's out theri, who are always willing to share their information with everyone.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:05 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Resume help

Having a second (or third or fourth) pair of eyes read over your resume is very helpful. When you get used to reading it its easy to overlook grammatical or punctuation errors, because you are so used to seeing it as you want to.
When I was a manager and I came across a resume with errors it went right in the shredder! I have also had resumes that I had worked and reworked thinking it was perfect, and it took a fresh perspective to notice problems and weird sentences.
Hope this helps

Closed Thread