Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-28-2009, 08:16 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Looking for a good opportunity...

I've come here in hopes of finding a decent,reliable line of work that I can do from home and I have to be honest I'm abit overwhelmed.I definitely need to find something soon,it just seems like since my kids got in school Im needing way more money to pay for this and that related to school.Plus Christmas and birthdays are around the corner,and I really wanna help financially and not leave it all up to hubby.
What I need to know is,are there any decent jobs I can do without being on the phone.Not to say Im not willing to do phone jobs its just I dont have a landline so its gonna be difficult,I have Vonage(voip).And what is Data Entry and how hard is it to find Data Entry jobs.The way I understood it,its basically filling out forms and you get paid per form you complete,is this at all correct??If you know some websites for Data Entry and you have worked for them pls let me know.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.My goal is to find some promising leads in the next 2 wks.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2009, 09:01 PM
Awesome WAHM

I believe Convergys hires Voip, most other phone based customer service won't. You'll find some threads on them though.

I'd also recommend LiveWork.com. You can get some non phone work immediately from them, not enough to pay the bills, but enough for groceries. You do have to work as an IC which means you have to take care of your own tax info.

If you're good at/enjoy writing, there's a lot of info here for freelance websites. I'm too paranoid that I won't be good enough/fast enough to try them so I can't list any off for you.

You can also to PTC (paid to click) and Survey sites - a lot of people will have some good ones linked in their sigs/blogs.

Best of luck to you, PM me if you need anything and I'll try to help!
Old 09-29-2009, 04:53 AM
WAHM Addict

Data entry jobs are very hard to come by (at least non scam ones that pay more than $3 an hour). There are some freelance sites out there that hire data entry workers, but a lot of them will outsource to other countries...
I have 3 kids ages 5 and under (oldest one is in Kindergarten but the other two are at home all day with me) and I do all non phone stuff I would check out transcription (if you are a quick typist and if you are not you can practice to get your speed up). There is blogging and also writing as well. I write, blog and do a few other things right now. You can check out my blog in my siggy for more info you like.
Also, your search may take you a while. As with brick and mortar jobs, it is taking longer to get on with virtual jobs as well. So just keep applying and make sure you have a good resume.
Good luck!
Old 09-29-2009, 09:31 AM
Grand WAHM

I agree that data entry jobs are hard to come by. And a lot seem to be scams trying to charge an up front fee. I just posted in another thread that I've gotten support before for both my printer and computer through online chat. That may be one area worth checking out. Transcription might be another area to look into as well.

Good luck and hope you find something very soon.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:52 AM
Super Moderator

I would suggest you look at writing and transcription -there are writing and transcription folders on this board with lot of valuable information. Good luck!
Old 09-29-2009, 10:07 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Thumbs up

Cloud 10 is hiring now. this is phone, but should be a good steady income. For non-phone you can try Leapforce or Lionbridge. There's also LiveOne, which is short temp data entry jobs. good luck 2 u
Old 09-29-2009, 10:33 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Hi. You've been given some great leads and advise so far. I'd just want to add that you can also look into Tutor, legitimate Mystery Shopping (that, although it's not exactly all work at home, it can revolve around your own schedule), Translator, Artistic jobs, Freelance Writing (already suggested) Transcription (both Medical and non) jobs.

Check this folder and look into members' signatures for what they're excited about doing or are promoting. I feature a site that lists 100s of free and legitimate work from home jobs in multiple categories. I also agree that data entry jobs are usually scams, but there are so many wonderful leads that can work out for you. Hope that something (or somethings--some members are doing several things to meet their financial needs) finds you that is ideal.

Wishing you the best,

Annie
Old 09-29-2009, 12:32 PM
WAHM Regular

Default thanks so much for the suggestions

Im going to look into all the suggestions from you ladies.I really hope I find something,but so far at least Ive found a great website here and a lot of great ideas!!
Thanks again!