Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 05-07-2009, 05:14 AM
WAHM Regular

Hey Folks,

If you have not already, I recommend you apply for Idapted. I get a very strong, positive feeling about them.

I just got my email saying I'm ready to start my Certification process. I'm pretty excited.

Elizabeth
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2009, 05:27 AM
Banned

I have heard they are great too. I've been turned down twice and I have a degree in English and have worked years at a similar position. I have a great phone voice and generic accent. Not sure what they are looking for, but I heard they are a great company.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:15 AM
WAHM Regular

I just got my turn down email this morning. Good Luck!
Old 05-07-2009, 06:20 AM
Super WAHM

Congrats to you...
Something I have found in my search and it is in the Tutor folder, it a website called Learners Paradice, you basically fill out the platform for your skills or the expertise you offer. Then use other methods of seo.
I know for those that applied and got turned down, are asking what did I do not right, I have the skills, etc.
Chins up. Keep motivating and use the Tutor folder.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:41 AM
WAHM Addict

Hi Mrsgrenge,

Thanks for this lead. I'm going to try and see if I can pass their certification. It seems long and lengthy, so I hope it's not hard to pass. I love that you don't need a land line to do this. You just need a head set with a mic. I've always wanted a job like this either teaching english or teaching students to read. I majored in English and Communications. Can you say how long it took before you heard back from them after submitting your application? Have you started the certification yet? How is it so far, if you have?

Also, wondering if there is anyone out there who actually works for this co. that can give their view on what it's like to work for the company. That is, how the sessions with the students work and what it's like to do the sessions. Do they pay well and on time? Have you had any problems with the co.? Would be nice to know exactly how this all works and if you've had a positive or negative experience working for Idapted.

Thanks for any and all info.

</font>
Old 05-07-2009, 07:10 AM
WAHM Regular

Mrsgrenge,

I will be joining you! woowho! I just got my congrats email this morning and will be working on certs this afternoon. Good luck!

Simone
Old 05-07-2009, 07:25 AM
WAHM Addict

Congratulations to both of you!
Please keep us posted. Thanks.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:34 AM
WAHM Addict

Congrats citykitty for moving on to the cert process.

I just finished the application process. I thought it was fun and pretty easy. So, hopefully I will be joining you and Mrsgenge in moving on to the certification process. Please both of you post and let us know how the cert process went or is going for you. It seems to be a lengthy process that they give you 7 days to complete. I wonder if it can be completed in 1 day, and how long it takes if you try to do the whole thing at once. I'd rather do it in a day and get it over with.

Please let us know.
</font>
Old 05-07-2009, 09:07 AM
WAHM Fanatic

LOL! I applied..and I know I won't get hired! I couldn't understand a word the students were asking. Couldn't even answer the questions. Edited by: pippy
Old 05-07-2009, 09:11 AM
Banned

I understood them pretty well. I've worked with many Chinese students over the years. I was still turned down. [img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]
< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" =""><div id="ref">Edited by: gladysathome