Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 03-11-2008, 07:08 AM
Awesome WAHM

I have about $2200 left in my unemployment account...Meaning sometime in May, my benefits will be exhausted...I've been applying for jobs left and right, both WaHJs and B&M jobs, but to no avail.....I have over 5 years working as a customer service rep and clerical and I swear I have applied to soooooooooo many jobs and half of them don't even have the decency to acknowledge the receipt of the application (or whether or not they hire from your state....)...Here is a small list of just some of the places I've applied to....

Teletech (i dont think they rehire previous employees)
Cloud10 (had a slight disagreement with trainer)
Convergys (no response)
Educate Online (no response)
Accolade Support (no response)
Xact Services (acknowledge resume...no offer)
Aurico (no response)
SecureCallManagement (nothing)

I even applied at Officeteam for temp positions and nothing still...I give birth in June, plus I have 3 children already....I am sitting frustrated and crying because I get tired of every morning waking up to check my email and NOTHING....! No B&M is going to hire a 7 month pregnant female....I absolutely fear being homeless again....I don't know what I am going to do....

Sorry for being a crybaby...But I feel as if all hope is lost for me....
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2008, 07:22 AM
Super WAHM

Have you tried applying to Team Double Click? They have lots of jobs that are customer service and clerical in nature. Also, you could try general transcription and/or writing. There's lots of companies listed in the stickies above. Keep perservering, I know you'll find something soon![img]smileys/smiley31.gif[/img]
Old 03-11-2008, 07:31 AM
WAHM Regular

I know finding a wahj is really tuff, but don't give up. Have you checked out your local companies, maybe some of them are looking for help. I live in Nepa and there is two companies that hire wahm, but you have to be able to commit to 2-6 weeks of training at there office. Also have you checked out craigslist? You can place your resume with an online place like job builders.com. I don't know if your state offers it but do they have section 8 or hud housing, and you can always go for assistance if times get to tuff. Just keep on going through these folders and searching. Something will eventually come up, maybe starting your own business will be the best. I found that trying to find a customer rep job was hard because alot of them require that you have no back ground noise, and with a baby here all the time I can not gaurantee that. I then chose to start my own business. Maybe that would be option, there are alot of business here that you can join with a low start up fee, just go to there folders and do some reading and ask some questions, maybe you will come across something! Good luck on your hunting, and congrats on that baby! Do you know what you are having?
Old 03-11-2008, 08:24 AM
Awesome WAHM

Try ACD DIrect. If you're bilingual you usually get hired faster.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:07 AM
Super WAHM

You may try emailing the companies that did not respond, that is how I got some of my replies....
Old 03-11-2008, 09:51 AM
WAHM Regular

Apply to Liveops. It is rather disgusting, but you can make money. They operate 24/7, so at theleast you can do it as a backup once you find somthing else. I use this as my second job. When my primary job is slow, I pick up early mornings or overnights and do quite well at it.

eta - what about that Fingerlakes? There is a thread over at WPLH. I don't think they pay much, but seem to hire fast. Anything would be better than nothing at this point!Edited by: kimbkl
Old 03-11-2008, 10:16 AM
Awesome WAHM

You know....I am not bilingual...So that wouldnt help me...Liveops turned me down after taking their assessment a year or two ago....I live in Chicago and Section 8 is closed for cook county...

I actually have it good...My rent is $650 for 3bedrms, 2 full baths and I am steps from Lake Michigan...My son receives SSI which is about $623 monthly...All I need is about the same amount that I am earning with unemployment ($508 every two weeks) to be comfortable with paying my carnote and bills....Food is not a problem.....I just want to work....I dont want to lay up in here collecting a check...I'd rather be up in here working and collecting acheck! My kids are older, 13, 10 and 7...All are in school, so childcare is not an issue for me....Even when this baby is born, childcare is already in place for him! I have the plan guys....I just need a job....Thanks for your concern.....
Old 03-11-2008, 10:23 AM
Awesome WAHM

Try liveops again, they turned me down 4 years ago when I first started working from home, but then I applied again two years later and passed. As for SecureCallManagement, you wont hear back from them, they are no longer in business. (You wouldnt want to hear from them anyways, they dont pay, and even if they do send a check, it would bounce.) Have you checked the website www.ratracerebellion.com? It has a great call center spreadsheet, plus tons of other leads as well.

Good luck!
Old 03-11-2008, 10:29 AM
Awesome WAHM

I check RRR everyday....In fact, I am tired of checking because they post the same Call Center Jobs that I cant apply too!...Believe it or not, I have gone down the entire spreadsheet and the majority of them are location specific which sucks for me....I even found another link....

http://groups.msn.com/Annikas/virtualjobs.msnw

Went through all the jobs on that list as well....
Old 03-11-2008, 10:52 AM
Super WAHM

It takes sometimes 100s of apps before you get a reply. Just mass apply to everything you can on the list WAHM provides in the sticky. Good Luck