Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Telecommuting

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 07:43 AM
WAHM Regular

Exclamation Section 2 of 3

*** UPDATED 9/4/10 *** Section 2 of 3 ***

RE: The WAH Company List (found at http://www.wahm.com/forum/telecommut...ope-helps.html)

While investigating which of these eggs might be worth pursuing, I found a couple of links were out of date. Then I found more, and then more. So, I went through the entire list, testing each link, and determining which companies were still active and which had updated their URLs since this list was originally created. Since this would be helpful information for other job seekers as well, I'm posting my findings in this thread, with thanks to EclecticWAHM who compiled the original list in the first place.

Since comments on that original list are closed, I am posting this with hopes it will become a new, updated sticky.

As the changes are many, I'm breaking this into three sections:
Section 1 of 3: Broken/No Longer Available Links
Section 2 of 3: Updated links
Section 3 of 3: Helpful Notes

If the WAH company is not named in this update, then the information in the original list is still accurate as of this posting.

---

Section 2 of 3: Updated Links
The links listed for these companies in the OP are no longer functional. Here are the new/corrected links for these firms:

1-800-Contacts - https://jobs.1800contacts.com/ (NOTE: only applicants within a 50 mile radius of Draper, UT, will be considered)

A-1 Signing Services - A-1 Signing Services: Mobile Mortgage Closing & Title Services (NOTE: They no longer appear to have any job offerings)

Accurate Background - https://www.accuratebackground.com/a...n_our_team.htm (NOTE: all current job listings are for work in their Lake Forest, CA, office)

ACNielsen - Nielsen | careers

Alchemic Dream - Alchemic Dream

American Airlines - AA Careers

American Express - Global Careers Home

The Appointment Biz - The Appointment Biz - Your Virtual Business Assistant

Arise - Arise Virtual Solutions - Homeshoring Provider - Your own work-at home business

Background Profiles - Background Profiles

Balance Your Books - Balance Your Books - Job Opportunities

Caption Colorado - Captioning Careers | Caption Colorado

Channel Blend - Channel Blend Solutions

Cherry Lane - Cherry Lane Music Company - Employment Opportunities

Concierge-at-Large - CORE System - Concierge & Front Desk Operations for Condo Communities BUT it seems they are no longer accepting applications.

Continental Promotion Group - Continental Promotion Group - Home BUT NOTE: company has filed bankruptcy

Convergys - Not Accepting Applications At This Time BUT NOTE: company is no longer accepting applications for their work at home program

Database Design Solutions (aka Data Transition Group) - Data Transition Group

Deposition Services - Deposition Services, Inc.

Disciple's Cross - Disciple's Cross - Christian Crafts

DNR Group - Direct Mail Holding LLC (DMH) - Integrated Direct Mail Solutions (Note: "Career Opportunities" button simply launches an email message; email them for information.)

Erie Insurance - Careers at Erie Insurance

eScription - http://nuance.com/company/careers/index.htm

ESM - ESM Careers (Note: they do not appear to offer telecommuting positions at this time)

eTranscription Solutions - https://www.transcribersrus.com/careers.php

Grindstone - B2B Telemarketing Telesales Service, Sales Leads Call Center, Integrated Business Development

Hauser - The Hauser Group | Become a Decoy

Inspiration Software - Join the Inspiration Software, Inc. Team! | inspiration.com

J. Lodge - Careers | J.Lodge Corporation - Quality Call Monitoring, Call Center Operations, Virtual Employee Contracting

jet Blue - JetBlue | Work Here

JHTS - Audio Transcription Services from JHTS, Digital Transcription, Video Transcription, Tape Transcription, Interview Transcription

Lunar Pages - Hosting Jobs at Lunarpages

MicahTek - MicahTek, Inc.-Welcome to MicahTek Call Center, Web, and Data Services

Nation Search - Employee pre-screening at Nation Search

NationalBackgroundScreening.com - now called Validity Screening Solutions - Employment Opportunities | Employment Screening | Background Checks | Drug Testing - Validity Screening

The National Remember Our Troops Campaign - The National Remember Our Troops Campaign - NROTC.ORG/tsr.htm

ndr-inc.com (LexisNexis) - US :: Careers

NetTranscripts - Net Transcripts | Work Opportunities

OPK Telemarketing - OPK Telemarketing Services Job Opportunities

Overland Solutions - Overland Solutions, Inc.

Palm Coast Data - Careers Work From Home- Florida Job Listings (NOTE: Only Palm Coast residents in a specific area may apply)

The link listed as "Probate.com "erroneously pointed to a completely unrelated website, Viable Technologies (which does offer employment. The actual url of "probate.com" goes to the already-listed Harvey E. Morse Genealogical Research site.

The link listed as "Production Transcripts" also point erroneously to Viable Technologies. The correct url for Production Transcripts' employment page is: Employment at Production Transcripts

Sinclair Cockburn - Sinclair Cockburn Financial Group

SpectraMedi - Medical Transcription Jobs, Transcription Work at home

SteeleTech is now Logical Imagination - Careers at Logical Imagination (career page doesn't appear to have been updated since Jan 2009)

Technology Sales Resourse Interactive - Employment | TSRI

Telelink - Telelink Communications, Inc. - 703.810.8400, business, telephone, telephones, systems, system, business to business, northern VA, northern Va, Washington DC, Washington metropolitan, metro, metropolitan, Virginia, DC, Va, Md, MD, VA, Maryland, Balti

teleXpertise - teleXpertise- Job List, work at home opportunities, telephone mystery shopping, others

The Transcription Agency - The Transcription Agency - Vacancies (NOTE: for UK residents only)

Vitac - VITAC How to become a captioner

-- Section 3 to follow --
Old 09-05-2010, 07:46 AM
WAHM Regular

Exclamation Section 3 of 3

*** UPDATED 9/4/10 *** Section 3 of 3 ***

RE: The WAH Company List (found at http://www.wahm.com/forum/telecommut...ope-helps.html)

While investigating which of these eggs might be worth pursuing, I found a couple of links were out of date. Then I found more, and then more. So, I went through the entire list, testing each link, and determining which companies were still active and which had updated their URLs since this list was originally created. Since this would be helpful information for other job seekers as well, I'm posting my findings in this thread, with thanks to EclecticWAHM who compiled the original list in the first place.

Since comments on that original list are closed, I am posting this with hopes it will become a new, updated sticky.

As the changes are many, I'm breaking this into three sections:
Section 1 of 3: Broken/No Longer Available Links
Section 2 of 3: Updated links
Section 3 of 3: Helpful Notes

If the WAH company is not named in this update, then the information in the original list is still accurate as of this posting.

---

Section 3 of 3: Helpful Notes:
Some info you might want to know before spending time on these links:

Aria Communications - Not truly a telecommute gig, as they require on-site training and daily pick-up / drop-off of work…in MN.

Blake & Blake Genealogists - no job or employment offer seen at the site.

Blogitive - looks inactive since November 2008 (anyone else have info on this?)

BRG@HOME - appears to be a work-on-site company in Utah.

Greene TeleServices - is not seeking new associates at this time.

Know Brainers - seems very out of date; mentions its upcoming next revision in "May 2006."

myLot - their payment policy includes this line: "myLot retains the right to refuse payment to any myLot user for any reason."

Office Details - per their website, is no longer accepting resumes at this time.

Psychic Oracle - per their website, they are not currently accepting applications for new advisors.

Psychics Needed - their website seems inactive since 2008.

Weblogs - no jobs listed; this is a division of AOL.

===========================
Old 09-05-2010, 08:17 AM
Super WAHM

Wow sure looks like the list is dwindling ...
Old 09-05-2010, 08:18 AM
Awesome WAHM

Thank you for putting all of the work into this!
Old 09-05-2010, 08:56 AM
WAHM Regular

@Honore - yes, I thought the same thing as I was updating the list. But it also occurred to me that there are a great many sites not included on that original list that really should be included. LF, LB and similar; Hubpages and similar; Wisegeek and similar; oDesk and the like, and many others...the list could really use some freshening and fleshing out.

Perhaps we can all work together to achieve that in this thread, since the old "Hope this helps" thread is closed to comments.
Old 09-05-2010, 04:29 PM
Awesome WAHM

Send a message via Yahoo to Sadie1Lady1

Wow MissMellie, that is an awesome thing you've done.

I have written to WAHM and requested that your thread be merged with the original WAH company list and also asked if it could be left unlocked so that everyone can update it with all the companies that are not on there.

My hat is totally off to you.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:55 PM
Super Moderator

Thank you very much MissMelie for taking the time to update this list, it is really helpful.

And thanks Sadie1Lady1 for suggesting we merge the threads.

Closed Thread