Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-08-2005, 04:19 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmingtonMN
I am wondering what kind of equipment you recommend to do digital transcription at home? I know I need the software and the foot pedal, but what else, other than high speed internet?I want to definitely be up and ready to go to take the tests if and when they want to proceed any further with me. Thanks!

FarmingtonMN, welcome to the boards. I just recently got hired by an online transcription company and they have a certain foot pedal they require. Other than the things you mentioned, headphones is a plus too. As an fyi, to test for these companies you usually don't have to have the foot pedal and headphones yet because you can usually just play the audio through a program like Real Player or Express Scribe and it comes through your speakers. Once you pass the testing then they require that you get the needed supplies. There's no use putting out the money until you know your hired. Good luck in getting all set up and ready to go!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2005, 08:33 PM
WAHM Regular

Hi gals,

Has anybody who tested (besides soccermom) heard back from escriptionist???? If they don't want to hire you, do they send you a rejection email or just leave you hanging? As I've said before I want/need this job so bad (as do you all)...and I'm so sick of waiting. About a week ago I got up the guts to email them to ask the results of my test, and I haven't gotten any reply to that either. I guess I'm just disheartened [img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]. On another note, how are all of you new hires doing with the job? Are you liking it? Take care everyone.
Old 09-08-2005, 09:02 PM
WAHM Addict

Blue,

I sent emails almost a month ago and haven't heard a word. I never even got the test files. I sent an email requesting status and not a word. I figured they weren't interested and that was that. But you made it further so maybe they are with you!

Good luck!!!
Old 09-09-2005, 04:53 AM
Super WAHM

Blue- I still haven't heard anything yet either. Luckily, CS is going to be getting busy again here soon and I have signed on with another transcription company, so I'm happy with that. I may be wrong, but from this thread wasn't soccermom the only one to get hired for 'our batch' of applicants?

Its definitely a bummer, you are right about that. Where else have you guys applied to?
Old 09-09-2005, 05:28 AM
WAHM Fanatic

I'm sorry you guys haven't heard from them yet. I knew when I submitted by stuff to them, they had been flooded with resumes/applications. Hopefully soon! I've got my fingers crossed.
Old 09-09-2005, 07:49 AM
Awesome WAHM

I've heard from others that they do send a rejection email. I know it's been on the slow side for some there, so I'd imagine they are not hiring any new people right now. Perhaps you are in the "hire" pile just waiting for them to have a need for more ICs. I would just keep letting them know you are still interested periodically.

I just got hired with a coding company that I have been applying with for nearly a year, so persistence pays off. Sometimes I think it's just pure luck of the draw that they get your app at exactly the right time when they have a need for additional workers. What I'm saying is just don't give up hope yet!!! [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]
Old 09-09-2005, 01:05 PM
WAHM Regular

Blue,

I still haven't heard back from Escripstionist yet either. I've pretty much given up now too. I sent my test filesto them on August 5th. I mailed them about 2 weeks ago asking if they received them ok but didn't get a response to that either.

Who knows maybe they'll surprise us all one day...
Old 09-09-2005, 02:25 PM
Super WAHM

They're experiencing a work slow down so they probably just aren't looking to add new people on right now. Hang in there, guys! Maybe you'll hear from them once the work picks back up. [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]
Old 09-09-2005, 07:22 PM
WAHM Regular

[img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]Edited by: Clinger
Old 09-09-2005, 08:30 PM

I got paid today.