Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 11-27-2006, 10:26 PM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRocks
I had a phone interview last month and just called me today about the position starting in Jan, but training in Dec. I live in NJ (South Jersey) and passed interview, now have to do a background check as the work would be for the dept of Ed. she said, but no details on job yet, said would email info to me. Didn't say but sounds like training is done on your time and have to complete within certain dates/times which I am fine with doing that. Will know more once I get email.

I can't say for sure whether they will pay you for training or not but I did want to tell you that I was hired and training was paid. This was for the research interviewer position. They paid you based on how long they estimate the training would take. HTH.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2007, 01:16 PM
WAHM Regular

Anyone ever worked for Westat as a work at home research interviewer? What's the work like? Is there a lot of it? I'm considering applying for the position and don't want to submit a schedule for 20 hours if there isn't going to be 20 hours worth of work . . . Thanks in advance!

Erica
Old 02-20-2007, 01:26 PM
WAHM Regular

I am work for Westat. I really like what i am doing!
I am doing about 17 hours a week.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:06 PM
WAHM Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacouper
I am work for Westat. I really like what i am doing!
I am doing about 17 hours a week.

How long have you been working for them? How are the calls? What times can you make the calls?

thanks

Old 04-25-2007, 05:53 PM
Awesome WAHM

I remember another link from before where it took you to a main page to download stuff and apply. Does anyoone have the other link? Thanks
Old 06-16-2007, 04:55 PM
WAHM Regular

Hello everyone -

I had posted on this board about six months ago because I was considering applying for the work at home position with Westat - then the work with my other WAH job picked up so I never went through with it - now I'm considering applying with them again - I've emailed them for more information but would be interested in anything that anyone on this board who's currently working with Westat can tell me - like how hard is it to get a work at home position with Westat? How often do they pay? Do they have direct deposit? Is it an employee or an independent contactor position - meaning do they take out taxes or not? Are the calls that you make recorded? I know I know, full of questions - I just want to know what I'm getting into before I get into it.
Old 06-17-2007, 07:29 AM
WAHM Regular

Payday is every Friday, direct deposit. Employee position.
The calls are monitored. I've been with them since early April, getting ready to start my second project. HTH!
Old 06-18-2007, 06:43 PM
WAHM Regular

Was anyone else scheduled to start tonite on the new project (calling CA)? I've been working for Westat since Feb 07 and this will be my second project with them, however I am getting conflicting info now and can't log in to check my schedule to be sure. I was told that we won't go live until Wed 6/20 now? I emailed my mentor for the project so hopefully she can clarify ....but was just hoping somebody here might know.
I'm disappointed because I really enjoy doing their surveys and was looking forward tostarting this one tonite- Westat is a terrific company to work for!

Thanks!
Old 06-18-2007, 07:57 PM
WAHM Regular

We go live 6/20 for the CA one. There is limited calling now from the CA location until we start 6/20. BTW--- my 2nd project. I LOVE this company too!
Old 06-19-2007, 04:09 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlestonTess
Was anyone else scheduled to start tonite on the new project (calling CA)? I've been working for Westat since Feb 07 and this will be my second project with them, however I am getting conflicting info now and can't log in to check my schedule to be sure. I was told that we won't go live until Wed 6/20 now? I emailed my mentor for the project so hopefully she can clarify ....but was just hoping somebody here might know.
I'm disappointed because I really enjoy doing their surveys and was looking forward tostarting this one tonite- Westat is a terrific company to work for!Thanks!
Check your schedule, mine has a memo on the bottom of it explaining. Good luck tomorrow night!Edited by: indigo_moon