Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-16-2012, 06:27 PM
Registered WAHM

Default stella & dot?

hello everyone. i am brand new to this site.

i am interested in selling stella & dot jewelry. however, the start up cost ($199) is high for me. not to mention, investing in samples. i am pretty much totally unable to do anything more than what the kit comes with, which is the $350 sample kit. $350 is maybe 4-5 pieces of jewelry.

i have seen information about other jewelry companies, i don't like their style as much as stella & dot's, however their starter kits come with A LOT.

i also am a bit concerned about jewelry not being a consumable item. so there is a thought, maybe i should sell something like mary kay etc which is a consumable product.

advice?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2012, 10:19 AM
Awesome WAHM

Hi!

Have you hosted a Stella & Dot trunk show yet? If not, you can do that and then earn the free jewelry to help build out your display, you can also be a hostess twice a year once you join the company and earn free jewelry that way too.

It is important you love the product you sell, so if Stella & Dot is the jewelry you love the most then I would save up to join. You can still get a lot of repeat orders with jewelry, most people can't get everything they want at once, so they will buy a pair of earrings one month, then the necklace they wanted the next. People will buy for themselves, for gifts, and Stella & Dot keeps the line fresh by having releases several times a year. Our Fall collection just launched last month in July and our Holiday Collection will be debuting on October 1. We also have Design Studio where limited edition pieces are created and they are in small amounts so only a certain number of people get those. New pieces for that will be launching on October 1. All those things keep people coming back for more
Old 08-18-2012, 06:49 PM
Registered WAHM

thanks for the suggestions. i haven't hosted my own show, but i have attended a trunk show and honestly my close friends would not be able to afford the jewelry. i cannot afford it either!
Old 08-19-2012, 09:08 AM
Awesome WAHM

I love some of the smaller pieces from S&D but I would have a hard time doing it as a business around here. There are 6 moms in the same school selling S&D. But that said, there are still plenty of people you can reach so I'm not suggesting it's saturated by any means but that can be a challenge with a jewelry party plan or any non consumable type of party plan businesses that rely on parties to sell products. You really need to have a large contact to get your business off to the best start at your launch party. And if you don't, be willing to network locally and meet new people. You can't do a party plan successfully unless you have people to host parties for you .

With jewelry, it's more important to go with the jewelry you absolutely LOVE because you'll need to wear them and get excited about them. I hope this helps.
Old 08-19-2012, 01:52 PM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisylove View Post
thanks for the suggestions. i haven't hosted my own show, but i have attended a trunk show and honestly my close friends would not be able to afford the jewelry. i cannot afford it either!
It appears that you do not feel comfortable with the price point. There are many successful consultants that hosted a trunk show first and then went on to become consultants. The large pieces are the higher priced items, but there are may items under $50.00. S & D is a higher end fashion jewelry line.
Old 08-24-2012, 04:20 PM
Registered WAHM

thanks for the suggestions.
Old 08-29-2012, 01:19 PM
Awesome WAHM

Not sure if you saw DaisyLove, but if you are still thinking about Stella & Dot, there is a sign up special going on now through October 15, you get an extra $100 in product credit with every kit level. So with the $199 kit now you will be able to pick out $450 in product
Old 09-02-2012, 10:58 PM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluvddavina View Post
Not sure if you saw DaisyLove, but if you are still thinking about Stella & Dot, there is a sign up special going on now through October 15, you get an extra $100 in product credit with every kit level. So with the $199 kit now you will be able to pick out $450 in product
thanks bluedavina~~yes i did just see the sign up special, which is really helpful. not even sure if i could save up $199 by october 15 though. just thinking about everything!

Tags
cookielee, guyandeva, jewelry, silpada, stelladot