Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 03-16-2016, 06:15 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Heirloom Paper Craft Festival

Just wondering, have any of you set up a booth at the Heirloom Paper Craft Festival before, and if so what kind of things did you display/show there?

I went to the one in Indianapolis with my mom this past weekend and loved looking at all the other vendors, but noticed there wasn't a single SU demo there. Was curious how an SU booth would look since we can't really do cash/carry, except with a few limited items.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2016, 05:52 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Craft Fair

Kelly,
You can go to Pinterest or google and search for SU craft fairs/booth and see how others set up. I find having as much finished product as possible brings people in and starts the conversation. I don't usually go to craft fairs to make money on my finished product. I go with more of the intention to promote my classes and the opportunity. But people need to see what you do.
Hope that helps.
Cathy Fluellen
Old 03-17-2016, 07:51 AM
WAHM Regular

Thanks, Cathy. This Heirloom Festival was more of a place for Stamp Companies to gather and sell their supplies (Stamps, ink, paper, etc.). The public was invited to come and shop their stores/booth. Since we aren't allowed to carry SU stamps/paper etc to sell outright I was curious if any SU Demonstrators had set up at something like this, and how it worked for them.

There were certainly opportunities to promote your classes, and do a make & take, but wasn't sure if other demos had offered anything else at these kinds of conventions/festivals.
Old 03-17-2016, 12:45 PM
Registered WAHM

The last show I went to was in September and is the reason I joined SU. The demonstrator there had some examples of project kits ready made for looking at, a range of cards she had made as examples and some retired stock that she had to sell. The thing that caught my attention and drew me to her stall was the table she had laid out. Only a small fold up table but with a simple punch, stamp and pre-cut card setup in order to let people try out the items. The quality of stamps impressed me and it was the option of doing something to take away that made me check out her stall. Now I'm a demo myself and I also ordered from her that day too.
Old 03-18-2016, 12:15 PM
WAHM Regular

That's great, Pindora!

I asked this same question on StampinConnection and got some great ideas there too. One was to set up a display that showed different punch art (things you can make with Stampin' Up's great punches) and offer the recipes to go with them. I really liked this idea.
Old 03-18-2016, 12:18 PM
Registered WAHM

I love the idea of offering a type of recipe for things, I'm always happiest when a beautiful card I see has a list of items used.