Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-15-2011, 12:26 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikayla View Post

This whole issue is actually not that big of a deal, so I hope no one is panicking as they read this. All you have to do is create a site like you did OR you can also buy your own domain and then simply forward it to your SBC site. It's a simple solution, I've done it with several domains.
Do you think if you get your own website name and link it to the SBC site, it will stick on CL?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2011, 12:35 PM
Super WAHM

I feel the same way! It's an exciting time to be involved in SBC! There's so much going on - so many people losing weight and getting healthy with the help of the product, so much momentum on the business side, so many people making money when they've never been able to in the past.... it's fantastic!
Old 07-15-2011, 12:51 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanA View Post
Do you think if you get your own website name and link it to the SBC site, it will stick on CL?
I believe CL ads generally stick better if you don't put a website link at all. So, if you're looking to make a sticky ad, it would be better to simply have those interested reply to an email address you dedicate to that marketing method or list a phone number instead. Phone numbers are easy to come by these days thanks to services like Google Voice and Magic Jack.

When you're marketing, you always have to remember that the more steps you make the prospect go through, the more "drop off" points you have. By that I mean, the more chances you have of them dropping off at a given step because they lose interest or get distracted. This is the downside of using the email or phone number method, because the prospect does eventually need to find his/her way to your website and take the tour (but you've added some extra steps in between that by having them email or call you). HOWEVER, the prospects that actually DO make it to that point are generally more qualified prospects because you know their interest level is higher since they have gone through several steps. It all depends on what your goals are for the marketing methods you decide to use!
Old 07-20-2011, 07:54 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Yes...but....

Ryan....yes.

If you get your own domain name and forward it to your SBC site...it will allow you post ads on Craigslist with no issues since you'll be using a your domain site name as a mask.

It works well....I've forwarded my domain name to my SBC site. No problems yet.

But like Mikayla said...the biggest issue is if you have a landing page on your domain site...and then you try to "set the stage" so to speak before sending people to your SBC site...then yes....you do increase the chances of people looking at your landing site and closing up shop before they even get to the movie.

But if your just using a domain name to mask your SBC personalized page...then you should do ok.

Just sayin'!!

John
Old 08-06-2011, 07:09 AM
WAHM Regular

That is so cute! I like the little bird flying around!