Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-03-2011, 08:52 PM
WAHM Master

Default Skinny Fiber Usage Tip !

I had a discussion yesterday with a lady who is like a nutritional supplement expert.

We were talking about the ingredients in Skinny Fiber and I mentioned to her that I only took
2 capsules a day...mainly because if I take 2 more later I start to feel TOO FULL. A bit
uncomfortabley full.

She recommended that instead of swallowing the capsules with water; that I cut them open and
mix them with juice. She said this was actually better for the digestive system and also safer (you don't have to wonder if you are drinking enough fluid to dissolve the capsule appropriately in the digestive tract.)
She also thought is might help with the "too full" or bloated feeling.

So yesterday I started cutting the capsules and taking them with juice and it is working great! Exactly as she said I don't have the bit of uncomfortable feeling that maybe I was having when the fiber was hitting and mixing in my stomach? So now I am taking 2 mid-day, mixed in juice and then 2 before dinner (mixed with juice) and now my calorie intake is effortlessly dropping by about 700 calories a day!!!

So at that rate I will continue to lose 1.5 pounds a week meaning I'll be at my goal...."effortlessly" by September! woo woo hoo!

Also...for some reason I think opening the capsules and mixing it with juice actually makes the suppressant effect even stronger for me. I'm definitely going even longer without feeling hungry!!

So I just wanted to share this....I will be taking my 2 capsules twice daily now and mixed with juice! It tastes fine too...just a slight "cactus" flavor to the juice...I suppose that comes from the Caralluma!!

:-)
Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2011, 11:22 AM
Super WAHM

This is great information, Sherry! I haven't had any issues with taking the capsules and feeling uncomfortably full, but I do like this option for anyone else who has. Plus it's a good option for anyone who doesn't want to ingest the gelatin too (and doesn't want to pay extra for the new veggies caps). I'm personally not a big juice drinker... I don't drink much of anything except water and my cup of coffee in the morning, but I do have an occasional cup of green tea (mostly for the health benefits). I think I'm going to try it in a cup of green tea later and see if I like it. Thanks for sharing!!
Old 07-04-2011, 05:35 PM
Banned

Thanks for sharing, Sherry.

Fortunately, I haven't had any issues using Skinny Fiber per the instructions on the bottle.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:15 PM
Cloud 9 Parties Rep

Thanks for the tip Sherrie! I'm going to try that, because I don't do too well with pills sometimes.
Old 07-05-2011, 07:26 PM
WAHM Master

Well....I have to admit that one afternoon I didn't have any juice readily available so I mixed two capsules with a Diet Pepsi and it that was just fine....probably not the best thing to mix it with health wise though!
Old 07-05-2011, 08:02 PM
Cloud 9 Parties Rep

Hey, sorry I keep calling you Sherrie, Sherry!! LOL

Skinny Fiber and Diet....Hmmm. LOL
Old 07-12-2011, 11:21 AM
WAHM Regular

Ha, ha Sherry! Sometimes ya just gotta use what is on hand!! So far I'm not having any trouble!

Been on Skinny Fiber for 3 full days & lost 3 lbs! I'm very excited! I broke thru a plateau I haven't been able to bust thru for 10 yrs!!!
Old 07-13-2011, 11:38 PM
Network Marketer

I guess the obvious question and I didn't see it clearly stated, you are seeing the same results right? The reason I ask is that I read somewhere about the product not working for someone because the temperature got too hot, (why that would matter to a dry supplement I'm not sure, but anyway)... So if the supplement is taken with juice it's not cutting down on it's effectiveness for you?

Cyn
Old 08-10-2011, 08:56 AM
WAHM Master

Cyn, for me I find that mixing it with juice is actually making it MORE effective for me.

But maybe that is because with the pills I would have some mild stomach discomfort sometimes if I took them just with a glass of water.

But I am also kind of strange when it comes to pills and things and how I react to different foods even. I have a very "sensitive system!"

So it may not be more effective for everyone.........but it's worth a try I suppose!
Old 08-10-2011, 08:57 AM
WAHM Master

Just wanted to add...that I'm sorry for the late reply! The board is moving so fast I didn't see your post from weeks ago!