Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-13-2011, 11:55 PM
Network Marketer

Question

What I would really like to know is how our fearless leaders do it. I don't know about you, but I haven't been in this industry no 20 or 30 years, so I can not figure out how they can do this so easily!

I think they are giving us everything they do, but I still feel like there is something I need!!!!!

Okay, it's just me..., I'm a newbie, I'll admit it, please help the newbie!!!!!!

I'm am building my own network marketing empire of friends, family acquaintances and maybe in 20 or 30 I'll be as good as they are at getting sign ups.....lol...
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2011, 12:49 PM
WAHM Regular

You make me laugh Cyn! Sometimes I feel like you! I understand all of it but the Facebook thing. I just can't make sense of it. I'm not one that wants to put up ads on my personal Facebook page. I think that will turn off my friends & family. I will talk to them individually if I think they would be interested...but I do want to find people on FB & connect w/them b/c I know it's a great networking place. But how do you find people who are looking for what we have to offer w/o being a spammer or annoying?
Do people create a completely different profile for their business? I made a new page for Skinny Fiber, but all my posts end up on my personal page! Frustrating!
Old 07-14-2011, 02:35 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveTheLife View Post
You make me laugh Cyn! Sometimes I feel like you! I understand all of it but the Facebook thing. I just can't make sense of it. I'm not one that wants to put up ads on my personal Facebook page. I think that will turn off my friends & family. I will talk to them individually if I think they would be interested...but I do want to find people on FB & connect w/them b/c I know it's a great networking place. But how do you find people who are looking for what we have to offer w/o being a spammer or annoying?
Do people create a completely different profile for their business? I made a new page for Skinny Fiber, but all my posts end up on my personal page! Frustrating!
If you want your updates to only show up on your Facebook page (NOT your profile), you need to actually post them from your page, not from your personal profile. OR you can click "Account" on the top-right of the FB navigation bar, then click "Use Facebook as Page"and then select your page to make your status updates. Facebook pages are actually a great way to differentiate your personal profile from your business, if you prefer to do that. Lots of online marketers have drawn a line between their profiles (which are actually intended for family & friends) and their FB Pages (which are better suited for businesses). Both will allow you to connect with others, but they serve different purposes.

If you don't want to create a Facebook page, you can choose to display your posts to only certain people. You start by going through your friends and assigning them to different lists. This will allow you to make posts only certain people can see. For example, I have a "Skinny Body Care" list, which includes people I've connected with in SBC. I also have a list of "Family" too. When you go to post a status update, before you click on the "Share" button, click on the little lock "privacy" icon right next to it and then select "customize." A screen will open that will allow you to choose to hide your posts from specific people (or lists of people you've created). In the "Hide from...these people" box, you can type in the name of the list you want to exclude. So if you have a select group of family and friends who you feel will be annoyed or have already told you they are tired of hearing about your business, assign them to a list and then exclude that list from your business promotion posts.

Let me know if that all makes sense, ok? The Skinny Dream Team leaders are teaching a very simple approach to Facebook marketing, which they are having tremendous success with and which seems to be working great for many! Facebook marketing is actually a massive subject and what I am sharing here is a little more advanced, so let me know if you need help!
Old 07-14-2011, 04:36 PM
Banned

Here is another place to order marketing materials, Skinny Body Tools
Old 08-06-2011, 07:21 AM
WAHM Regular

Great advertising ideas, thanks

Tags
sbc, skinny body care