WAHM Forums - WAHM.com

WAHM Forums - WAHM.com (https://www.wahm.com/forum/)
-   Site-Related (https://www.wahm.com/forum/site-related-45/)
-   -   WAHM Forum Update (https://www.wahm.com/forum/site-related-45/718672-wahm-forum-update.html)

BrandiNett 11-05-2013 10:20 AM

WAHM Forum Update
 
Hello everyone!

We are in the process of making some enhancements to the WAHM Forum and we’d like to get your feedback on our plans before launching. Please share your feedback (positive and negative) by posting comments below!

We’ve already done a little housekeeping with user groups and user titles, which you might have noticed. A full description of the new user titles is further down this post. As you will see, we have enhanced user profiles and permissions to make your free membership an even better way to promote your business and get visibility in the forum.

The main thing we are adding is an optional paid membership level called WAHM Professional that provides subscribers with an enhanced experience to further promote and grow their businesses via the WAHM forum. WAHM will always remain FREE for anyone to use; the paid tier is an option that is being created in response to numerous requests from the community. More details below:

http://i43.tinypic.com/mc9qmw.png

Per the image above, the WAHM Business Directory is getting replaced with a new layout and is limited to WAHM Professional subscribers.

Plus we created a few new User Titles based on your post count to recognize our most active users for their contributions to the community. User titles based on post count - promotion threshold:

- Registered WAHM – 0 posts
- WAHM Regular* – 15 posts
- Super WAHM* – 200 posts
- Awesome WAHM – 500 posts
- WAHM Fanatic – 1,000 posts
- WAHM Addict* – 2,000 posts
- WAHM Master – 5,000 posts
- Grand WAHM – 10,000 posts
- WAHM Poobah – 20,000 posts

*This user level/title gets additional feature enhancements to their membership. See table above for more details.

BradleyB 11-17-2013 10:30 AM

You should update the matrix found here: WAHM Forums - WAHM.com - Announcements in Forum : Site-Related with the new matrix containing the 5 user profiles above.

This is why I have been terribly confused :) I've been dealing with the AvonLady moderator and she has been incredibly helpful and patient with me. Now I know why I was having issues - because I was looking at an old matrix :)

Bradley

BradleyB 11-17-2013 10:37 AM

I think there's an issue with the WAHM Regular minimum requirements per the matrix. In the matrix, it says 10 days and 15 posts, but in your text it says to be a Regular you need 30 posts. So I think that needs to be fixed/cleaned up.

In the matrix, you have Requirements/Membership fee as the last row in the matrix, I would actually recommend that you put that as the FIRST row. Put the requirements in the first row, and then all the benefits below that.......That seems much more logical and easier to read/understand.

I might even consider making the cell background color of the matrix a different color.....That way its stands out a little bit....Perhaps make the background color a light yellow color. That way it differentiates itself from the other items listed in the matrix.

starbirdy66 11-17-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BradleyB (Post 3174919)
You should update the matrix found here: WAHM Forums - WAHM.com - Announcements in Forum : Site-Related with the new matrix containing the 5 user profiles above.

This is why I have been terribly confused :) I've been dealing with the AvonLady moderator and she has been incredibly helpful and patient with me. Now I know why I was having issues - because I was looking at an old matrix :)

Bradley

That matrix has been updated but was the same minus the pro part before payment was allowed.

BradleyB 11-17-2013 11:55 AM

Sorry, I think the link I provided was incorrect. It is this page that is displaying an old matrix:

http://www.wahm.com/forum/wahm-com-a...e-posting.html

Only 3 levels are displayed in the matrix found on this page, but now you have 5 levels I do believe.

starbirdy66 11-17-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BradleyB (Post 3174921)
I think there's an issue with the WAHM Regular minimum requirements per the matrix. In the matrix, it says 10 days and 15 posts, but in your text it says to be a Regular you need 30 posts. So I think that needs to be fixed/cleaned up.

In the matrix, you have Requirements/Membership fee as the last row in the matrix, I would actually recommend that you put that as the FIRST row. Put the requirements in the first row, and then all the benefits below that.......That seems much more logical and easier to read/understand.

I might even consider making the cell background color of the matrix a different color.....That way its stands out a little bit....Perhaps make the background color a light yellow color. That way it differentiates itself from the other items listed in the matrix.

We'll have the community leader validate the assignment but in vBulletin User Groups are different than User Titles.

User Titles are assigned on a different set of parameters than User Groups. So the matrix shows what your privileges are when you reach a User Group at a certain number of posts.

The User Title is just a title assignment. Any user group can have more than one user title assigned to it.

starbirdy66 11-17-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BradleyB (Post 3174948)
Sorry, I think the link I provided was incorrect. It is this page that is displaying an old matrix:

http://www.wahm.com/forum/wahm-com-a...e-posting.html

Only 3 levels are displayed in the matrix found on this page, but now you have 5 levels I do believe.

Thank you.

Also please note the problems you have been having so we can help you.

BradleyB 11-17-2013 06:06 PM

On this page: http://www.wahm.com/forum/wahm-com-a...e-posting.html

I think the following verbiage is incorrect:

"Users must have 15 posts and be registered for 10 days before they can post new threads in Promote Your Business."

Instead of 15 posts, I believe its now 30 posts, correct?

Bradley

BrandiNett 11-18-2013 08:21 AM

Hi Bradley,

Thanks for all your feedback.

In order to post in the Promote Your Business forum, you must be a WAHM Regular. In order to get to the WAHM Regular group, you must have 15 posts and be registered for 10 days.

As starbirdy has pointed out, the user titles is a separate system from the user groups. A user group controls the permissions you have on the forums, such as the number of PMs you can store, your attachment settings, the places you can post, and the signature file size you can have. The user titles are strictly based on your post count and only reflect underneath your name. If you note, once you are promoted far enough in the user groups, you can customize your user title.

However, you make an excellent observation that the user group setting is different than the user title setting for number of posts to be updated. The numbers currently in the user titles is 30, which is a default number I believe. I will see if I can edit the user title settings to align with the user group settings, which should put both the user group giving a promotion at 10 days and 15 posts, and the user title being issued when a user reaches 15 posts.

I hope this clarifies things for you!

~ Brandi

SoyL Scents 03-01-2014 01:17 PM

Can't wait to get started. Glad I am learning soooo Much. Thank you


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:04 PM.



Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1