WAHM Forums - WAHM.com

WAHM Forums - WAHM.com (https://www.wahm.com/forum/)
-   Site-Related (https://www.wahm.com/forum/site-related-45/)
-   -   Report Ad & Virus Issues (https://www.wahm.com/forum/site-related-45/673349-report-ad-virus-issues.html)

CleeIB 10-15-2012 12:44 PM

Report Ad & Virus Issues

Hi all,

When you get these alerts in your anti-virus/malware programs, note here the ads and their destination URLs (hover over ad and right click to copy link, then paste here). What we need is the ad that's on the screen when you get one of these alerts.

Often what the anti-virus/malware programs pick up is a third-party agent within the ad (e.g., advertiser uses a third-party tracking service), but that doesn't help us track down the ad. We need to know who the advertiser is and what the ad link is. We don't have the capability to block that agent, just the ad that carries it.

Thanks!

miboje 01-17-2013 08:16 AM

I keep getting a message that Malwarebytes is blocking potentially malicious content on WAHM.com today. This is the first I've seen it on this website.

CleeIB 01-17-2013 01:03 PM

Adding malware report received via PM:

Infection Details
URL: http://adjustmenttons.org/y3l7qd8/?2
Process: C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox...
Infection: URL:Mal

It would help us tremendously if people let us know what ads are on the page when they get malware alerts on the site.

Please mouse over the ad(s), right click to save the ad link, and paste it here in its entirety. If you can't do that for whatever reason, at least let us know the name of the advertiser. That will help us track down rogue ads.

Thanks!

experience 01-24-2013 08:40 PM

Your site may be infected by Exploit Blackhole

I have been trying to browse, and also to check my notification, but my AVG antivirus program keeps telling me that WAHM is infected with Exploit Blackhole Exploit Kit (type 2364) and also a redirect virus.

AVG automatically remove the virus before it can download to my computer, but I cannot use your site in the normal way.

anng 01-25-2013 02:49 AM

Exploit Toolkit Website 2

I'm getting an "Exploit Toolkit Website 2 Malicious Attack virus alert every time I load WAHM Forums. The banner ads at the time were Tyson and then something like MindBody, I think. Norton blocks it, so I had to glimpse real quick. It was Mind something anyway.

ndswam 01-25-2013 06:18 AM

I'm getting the same thing. Also Malicious Website Attack message. Good thing for Norton!

Cindy

dawnmo 01-25-2013 07:12 AM

Me, too. "Blackhole Toolkit Website 20"

Amy Jacobs 01-25-2013 07:52 AM

I keep getting a virus warning

For the first time ever here on wahm. Google chrome and my virus protector keep shutting me off saying an intrusion attempt by pmark.changeip.name very weird. This has never happened to me before on wahm :(:confused:

PatriciaN 01-25-2013 08:06 AM

Yikes, I can't remember what happened when mine crashed, but I feel like it came from a link I clicked, eeeps. Well, hope it's nothing, keeping fingers crossed!

Amy Jacobs 01-25-2013 08:17 AM

when I access from google chrome kicks me right off instantly saying virus detected. With IE Norton pops up within a second and says

Blocked an Attack by Malicious website 2. whatever that means lol..

jaiders 01-25-2013 08:20 AM

I'm also getting that with chrome started yesterday

JodiO 01-25-2013 08:22 AM

Getting the malware warning as well

Amy Jacobs 01-25-2013 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaiders (Post 3073655)
I'm also getting that with chrome started yesterday

Yes this started last night here as well.

JodiO 01-25-2013 08:43 AM

Danger: Malware Ahead!
Google Chrome has blocked access to this page on Work From Home - Work at Home Jobs, Recipes & Articles For Moms - WAHM.com.
Content from starlinenailspa.com, a known malware distributor, has been inserted into this web page. Visiting this page now is very likely to infect your computer with malware.
Malware is malicious software that causes things like identity theft, financial loss, and permanent file deletion. Learn more

Amy Jacobs 01-25-2013 09:01 AM

its driving me crazy :eek:

txtesez 01-25-2013 09:03 AM

malware error can't view anything

hello i haven't been here in months, today i come and just about any page on here brings up this:

Google Chrome has blocked access to this page on Work From Home - Work at Home Jobs, Recipes & Articles For Moms - WAHM.com.
Content from deundervurderede.dk, a known malware distributor, has been inserted into this web page. Visiting this page now is very likely to infect your computer with malware.

all i can do is keep going back.. i finally got logged in... i started on the home page went here: "Browse Newest Articles", then "Starting Your Business" then "4 reasons to consider building an iphone app"

it took me to that page as I was reading the above warning page pops up and i can't do anything but click 'back' then i tried other links even going into this forum and after a few seconds that page pops up again.

hope you find the problem and fix it!

Christine1218 01-25-2013 09:34 AM

I have been getting the warning that Norton blocked a High Intrusion attempt. This has happened last night and today. While I was trying to copy to the clipboard, my Norton went away and I immediately closed this website and rebooted. This is what was copied:

Category: Intrusion Prevention
Date & Time,Risk,Activity,Status,Recommended Action,IPS Alert Name,Default Action,Action Taken,Attacking Computer,Attacker URL,Destination Address,Source Address,Traffic Description
2013-01-25 11:07:22,High,An intrusion attempt by 88.198.76.172 was blocked.,Blocked,No Action Required,Web Attack: Malicious Website Accessed 2,No Action Required,No Action Required,"88.198.76.172, 80",xmtxoxu.changeip.name/temp/newyear/310ac6c/?cmp=10,
Network traffic from <b>xmtxoxu.changeip.name/temp/newyear/310ac6c/?cmp=10</b> matches the signature of a known attack. The attack was resulted from \DEVICE\HARDDISKVOLUME1\PROGRAM FILES\INTERNET EXPLORER\IEXPLORE.EXE.

Amy Jacobs 01-25-2013 09:35 AM

something is definitely here as of yesterday.

JodiO 01-25-2013 10:03 AM

Content from dwain.de, a known malware distributor, has been inserted into this web page. Visiting this page now is very likely to infect your computer with malware.
Malware is malicious software that causes things like identity theft, financial loss, and permanent file deletion. Learn more
Go back Advanced

BlessYourHeart 01-25-2013 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JodiO (Post 3073702)
Content from dwain.de, a known malware distributor, has been inserted into this web page. Visiting this page now is very likely to infect your computer with malware.
Go back Advanced

I got this same message from Chrome, except mine was for the Advertise Your Business pages.

txtesez 01-25-2013 10:09 AM

url of malware error

hello i read your replies to others peeps, but its not just an url that does it.

but here's one that i started here on: 4 Reasons to Consider Building an iPhone App - WAHM.com

the page works, but after a few seconds it gives me the malware warning.

IN FACT just trying to post THIS POST here just now I starting typing the title and it went to the page of malware error again.

i clicked 'back' from my browser it to me back to the forum and i had to click reply again... NOW it hasn't brought up that error at all...

GOOD LUCK

Amy Jacobs 01-25-2013 10:52 AM

now my norton is saying blocked a web attack.

CleeIB 01-25-2013 11:53 AM

Thanks for the reports, everyone. We have been unable so far to reproduce getting these types of alerts, but we are looking at the issue. Please keep reporting if you are experiencing malware/etc. alerts upon visiting the site.

Amy Jacobs 01-25-2013 11:55 AM

spoke to soon I thought it was gone it just popped back up! Darn it!

Amy Jacobs 01-25-2013 02:29 PM

okay it appears to be gone (yea) knock on wood!

CleeIB 01-25-2013 05:00 PM

We've fixed this issue - thanks for the reports, everyone! If you see any more malware/virus/etc. warnings from your software, please let us know here.

experience 01-25-2013 05:14 PM

Another one is there now

Having received email notification that it is fixed, I logged in only to find a different virus had been found by my AVG antivirus:

Exploit Redkit Exploit Kit (type 1952).

According to AVG this one and the previous one are currently making up about 10% of all attacks.

ndswam 01-25-2013 07:25 PM

So far so good! Glad things are fixed. :)

Cindy

notary_mom 01-26-2013 04:52 AM

Its not fixed

I got the same popup again just now

lorah 01-26-2013 04:53 AM

I was having these issues yesterday but scanned this morning and so far computer is clean.

berly57 01-26-2013 06:54 AM

Virtual Bee link

Yesterday I received a google message saying there was malware attached to the page.

Today when I clicked on the link rec'd this:

Reported Attack Page!

This web page at Work From Home - Work at Home Jobs, Recipes & Articles For Moms - WAHM.com has been reported as an attack page and has been blocked based on your security preferences.

Attack pages try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.Some attack pages intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners.

DeborahDeGrande 01-26-2013 08:28 AM

All day yesterday I kept getting a TROJAN virus warning then the browser would say "page cannot be displayed"

Constant virus issues here. Has been for months.

blow_pop 01-26-2013 10:25 AM

I have also been getting a warning that Google Chrome has blocked WAHM.com when trying to click specifically on the folder for VirtualBee (Formally KeysforCash) and also when I go to the front page saying that there is a link that has harmful malware in it. My antivirus also alerted me that it has been blocked.

ETA: It is possible its not WAHM itself but could be a link in someones signature?

slvsquared 01-26-2013 02:41 PM

AVG warns me about a trojan repeatedly on Firefox, which I'm not running adblocker software on. Chrome with adblock has no issues.

DeborahDeGrande 01-26-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blow_pop (Post 3074178)

I have also been getting a warning that Google Chrome has blocked WAHM.com

Yes me too. I have given up on using CHROME to come here.

notary_mom 01-27-2013 09:46 AM

Got this TODAY

Received the virus message today so I clicked the why was this blocked button and this is what it says..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Safe Browsing
Diagnostic page for VirtualBee (formerly KeyForCash) - WAHM Forums - WAHM.com

What is the current listing status for VirtualBee (formerly KeyForCash) - WAHM Forums - WAHM.com

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 2 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 1 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2013-01-25, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2013-01-25.

Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including vaughanlocksmithmaster.ca/.

2 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including conmanoizquierda.com/, skob.be/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS13897 (CDC1).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, VirtualBee (formerly KeyForCash) - WAHM Forums - WAHM.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:

Return to the previous page.
If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.

Updated 8 hours ago

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Surely this should be enough to get this issue fixed.

starbirdy66 01-27-2013 01:08 PM

Thanks for all the additional reports. CleeIB will be looking further into this for us.

:)

BarbB 01-28-2013 07:01 AM

I've gotten viruses from this site and messages that viruses were blocked. Security needs to be really improved on this site. I'd hate to have to not come here anymore as I love these forums.

CleeIB 01-28-2013 02:22 PM

Thanks for the reports, everyone.

If you get malware/virus warnings, please let us know what page or part of the site you were on. The reports regarding the VirtualBee forum were immensely helpful that way, and our tech team is looking at the issue right now.

I'll update here as I hear back from them.

CleeIB 01-28-2013 05:08 PM

OK, quick update - The tech team reports that all security issues were fixed last Friday, and remain fixed.

However, Google has not registered these changes yet, which explains the warnings Chrome users are getting. We have submitted a request for Google to update their records, which typically takes a few days at most.

So people might get malware warnings for a few more days, but they should go away as Google registers the fixes we've made :)