Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-18-2015, 09:35 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Default mal-ware virus etc.

I may be in the wrong thread now that I think I figured out the problem.

The wahm.com forum not loading happened to me once again yesterday but before this happened I had clicked on a wahm.com forum link and my security told me the link was a threat.

I ran a scan on my computer and found five problems and two were mal-ware. It seemed to only effect the loading of the forum and after the problems were fixed the forum is loading just fine.

I have no idea when I first got the problems. Usually placing wahm.com in my web browser takes me straight to the home page of the message board but all of a sudden the address was not loading and I was getting a listing for wahm.com and just clicked on the forum link which then gave me a mal-ware virus and possibly other problems.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2015, 07:33 PM
Writely Applied

Response here are fine. Any information you can provide is helpful.
Old 01-19-2015, 10:10 AM
Administrator
WAHM Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbread View Post
I may be in the wrong thread now that I think I figured out the problem.

The wahm.com forum not loading happened to me once again yesterday but before this happened I had clicked on a wahm.com forum link and my security told me the link was a threat.

I ran a scan on my computer and found five problems and two were mal-ware. It seemed to only effect the loading of the forum and after the problems were fixed the forum is loading just fine.

I have no idea when I first got the problems. Usually placing wahm.com in my web browser takes me straight to the home page of the message board but all of a sudden the address was not loading and I was getting a listing for wahm.com and just clicked on the forum link which then gave me a mal-ware virus and possibly other problems.
I apologize I didn't personally respond - you had indicated that the issue had been resolved and when that happens there's not much I can do.

It's possible that the malware came from another website and infected your cookies for WAHM. I recommend these programs to help keep your system in shape to ensure you don't lose your files or your computer. These are what I use at home and at work.

CCleaner
Spybot Search and Destroy
Avast
MalewareBytes
Old 01-19-2015, 02:36 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandiNett View Post
I apologize I didn't personally respond - you had indicated that the issue had been resolved and when that happens there's not much I can do.

It's possible that the malware came from another website and infected your cookies for WAHM. I recommend these programs to help keep your system in shape to ensure you don't lose your files or your computer. These are what I use at home and at work.

CCleaner
Spybot Search and Destroy
Avast
MalewareBytes
I figured if I was having this problem there must be other wahm.com members who would be asking the same question I was. Why won't the wahm.com load?

I use Avast anti virus

I'll do some research on using all four of these on my computer. I'm not sure I need all four.
Old 01-20-2015, 08:58 AM
Administrator
WAHM Professional

Quote:
I figured if I was having this problem there must be other wahm.com members who would be asking the same question I was. Why won't the wahm.com load?

I use Avast anti virus

I'll do some research on using all four of these on my computer. I'm not sure I need all four.
It might be possible that others are experiencing this issue, but either haven't said anything or don't know where to say something. As far as I know you are the first one to report the issue.

Can you tell me what you were doing when you first noticed the forums not loading? Was there a pop up, an ad, or something else that might have caused the malware to jump to your computer? Was the malware a temporary file, a cookie, ...? Can you tell me what the name of the malware was when you zapped it?

I am trying to figure out where the issue came from. If it was an ad that installed a bad file on your computer I can get it blacklisted. If it was wahm.com itself then I will need to have my techs look at it asap. If the issue was from a link here on the forums, I need to know what it is so I can remove it. If the problem arose from clicking on a search result in Google I am not sure if there is much I can do, since I sadly have no control over search results.

Old 01-20-2015, 09:23 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Quote:
It might be possible that others are experiencing this issue, but either haven't said anything or don't know where to say something. As far as I know you are the first one to report the issue.

Can you tell me what you were doing when you first noticed the forums not loading? Was there a pop up, an ad, or something else that might have caused the malware to jump to your computer? Was the malware a temporary file, a cookie, ...? Can you tell me what the name of the malware was when you zapped it?

I am trying to figure out where the issue came from. If it was an ad that installed a bad file on your computer I can get it blacklisted. If it was wahm.com itself then I will need to have my techs look at it asap. If the issue was from a link here on the forums, I need to know what it is so I can remove it. If the problem arose from clicking on a search result in Google I am not sure if there is much I can do, since I sadly have no control over search results.

Yes, I realize after all of my posts, not a single member posted they were having the same issue nor did anyone say they have had this issue and give a way to solve the issue.
Hopefully, if anyone has this issue now or in the future, our posts will be of help.

Regretfully, I didn't pay enough attention to where this took place when it first began. I sent a PM to Admin and explained what I knew. Also when my anti virus program took care of the computer problems, I didn't see enough info given that helped me in understanding the issues. All I know for sure after the last time this happened, the wahm.forum would not load, it was a link to the forum given out by Google.

In the future, if this should happen again, I will be more vigilant and gather all information that could help you in understanding the threat. (:

Thanks

Last edited by gingerbread; 01-20-2015 at 09:29 AM.
Old 01-21-2015, 11:26 AM
Administrator
WAHM Professional

Quote:
Yes, I realize after all of my posts, not a single member posted they were having the same issue nor did anyone say they have had this issue and give a way to solve the issue.
Hopefully, if anyone has this issue now or in the future, our posts will be of help.

Regretfully, I didn't pay enough attention to where this took place when it first began. I sent a PM to Admin and explained what I knew. Also when my anti virus program took care of the computer problems, I didn't see enough info given that helped me in understanding the issues. All I know for sure after the last time this happened, the wahm.forum would not load, it was a link to the forum given out by Google.

In the future, if this should happen again, I will be more vigilant and gather all information that could help you in understanding the threat. (:

Thanks
It's ok that you didn't catch were you first encountered the issue. Such things happen!

I hope it DOESN'T happen again, but if it does please do let me know any details and I will get the WAHM team on the issue right away.

Old 01-22-2015, 09:20 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Quote:
It's ok that you didn't catch were you first encountered the issue. Such things happen!

I hope it DOESN'T happen again, but if it does please do let me know any details and I will get the WAHM team on the issue right away.

If it should happen again, I will let you know and have all the details.

Thank you for the information you posted.

I downloaded malwarebytes and ran their scan after running Avast complete scan. Found three more malware viruses and other things.
Old 01-23-2015, 11:02 AM
Administrator
WAHM Professional

Quote:
If it should happen again, I will let you know and have all the details.

Thank you for the information you posted.

I downloaded malwarebytes and ran their scan after running Avast complete scan. Found three more malware viruses and other things.
Yuck, sorry to hear that. At least you found them!
Old 01-27-2015, 12:39 PM
WAHM Regular

I'm getting a big red box that says "Attack Page" just now when I click on the Telecommuting thread. Happened yesterday afternoon, also, when I clicked on Humanatic folder