Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 05-24-2016, 11:51 AM
Awesome WAHM

Default Silpada closing?

Just saw this in a Facebook group. If it's true, my heart goes out to all of you. It's where I was four months ago and it get it. Sending you hugs and prayers.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2016, 11:57 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Oh my gash! This is crazy!
Old 05-24-2016, 12:46 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNicholls View Post
Just saw this in a Facebook group. If it's true, my heart goes out to all of you. It's where I was four months ago and it get it. Sending you hugs and prayers.

I just saw it too and came over here to WAHM to see if there was more info. This is my worse fear with my business. I wouldn't wish it in an consultant of any company.
Old 05-24-2016, 04:34 PM
WAHM Fanatic

The local news stations were posting this afternoon that Silpada is closing the end of July. (They are based here in the Kansas City area.) My Sister used to sell for Silpada and she reached out to her old upline and she confirmed the upcoming closure. Her past upline is naturally devastated & shocked as her business was her FT income and is one the higher ups in Silpada. She said the announcement came out of the blue.

I told my sister that I don't know why more DS companies don't communicate with the reps as to troubles and what they need to turn things around if possible. These closing always seem to come as a huge surprise to the field.

Silpada has been around for almost 20 years. It's always sad to see a company close. Extra sad to see one local to me close as I know they employed a lot of people here in our area. Praying everyone gives them time to grieve in peace for now.
Prayers and best wishes to all of your effected by this. <3

Amanda
Old 05-24-2016, 07:13 PM
WAHM Fanatic

This is so sad. My friend who has been with Silpada for 9 years just made career sales this year and was scheduled to walk the stage this year at conference. She had a fantastic business. I feel so bad for her, she is devastated.

Last edited by cabimom; 05-24-2016 at 11:11 PM.
Old 05-25-2016, 10:51 AM
Awesome WAHM

Default Sad indeed

I feel,for those reps. I just went through this in January and it just takes time to regroup and grieve. And just this morning on FB saw a "trainer" suggest to his following that they search out those reps to recruit them. Out come the vultures. For all those impacted, hang in there. We're here to listen if you need it.
Old 05-25-2016, 08:24 PM
WAHM Regular

Interestingly enough, I just read an article online that stated was Silpada was profitable upon making the decision to close their doors. Presumably, they must have been looking at their trends and couldn't find a way to curb / stop / reverse things. Very unfortunate. A lot of time, energy and hard work goes into building a direct sales business over time.
Old 05-25-2016, 08:52 PM
WAHM Fanatic

A VP from Silpada (I don't remember what the subtitle said of what) was interviewed on the local news tonight and she looked so sad. She said that the closure was basically due to declining profits and their rep base.

Been hearing from a few reps today that while they're shocked and disheartened, they are glad they have two months to wrap things up properly.

Amanda
Old 05-26-2016, 09:50 AM
WAHM Master

That's is so sad, I feel so bad for those who are blindsided by this. People work soo hard to build their business and then it seems overnight this happens. Sending thoughts and prayers to them all.
Old 05-26-2016, 10:15 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Thanks so much to everyone for all of your support and kind words.

This was really devastating news to those of us who have such a passion for this business, this company, and these people. But I get it - the business metrics have been declining. There are fewer reps at conference each year I go.

The new things they did this year and last - bigger marketing push, more social media, style card, style maker - they were all fantastic. Unfortunately, it looks like they weren't enough to transform the company to match the market environment we are in today. Maybe if the work had started 3 years earlier, it would have been.

I have to say that it gives me pause. I remember seeing other companies close and thinking it wouldn't happen with Silpada. But obviously, I was wrong.

My advice as someone who has already been attacked by the vultures even before I heard the news (since I was on a plane during the conference call and announcement):
  • Reach out and offer compassion and an ear to those you personally know who are affected.
  • Offer to host a party. Buy jewelry from them. Support the business they still have for the next two months.
  • Don't try to recruit them to your business. They know what you do. They can ask.
  • DO ask them if they've thought about what they will do after they wrap up their Silpada business. And wait for the answer. Maybe they want another MLM or direct sales business, but maybe they want to do something else entirely. And maybe you can support and help them with that!

Tags
silpada