Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-31-2014, 09:59 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Default Don't miss opportunities!

I had a good reminder of this lesson this week as I was flying to Houston and back. My travel schedule made it harder to work my business on Tuesday and Wednesday, but I still managed to get some things accomplished. Here were my secrets:

1) Leverage the power of texting!

Through texting, I was able to confirm a party date with a hostess I've been playing phone tag with for 2 months. I also worked with a husband to find him a gift for his wife before their anniversary this week. I could text while I was in the cab, getting ready in the morning, or on the plane before they shut the door. It worked great!

2) Bring catalogs or look books with you everywhere you go!

I pulled out one of my catalogs on one of my flights and the man sitting next to me started asking me about it. He thought his wife would love what he saw on the page. I explained the business opportunity to him (guys get this $$ making thing) and gave him a look book to give to his wife. Love it! Then on my next flight, the flight attendant complimented me on my jewelry. I was able to delight her by sharing our latest catalog. She asked if she could keep it to browse on her layover (of course!).

3) Use down time to get organized.
I brought my planner and lots of old order forms and contact sheets on the plane with me. While we were in flight, texting and calling wasn't available (of course). So, instead, I went through all of my contact sheets and made a list of prospects, including notes on whether they were a recruit, hostess, or customer prospect, phone number, etc. I have 30 names in a well-organized list that I can use to make calls over the next week without ever having to sort through my notes and order forms.

So these were my lessons as travel kept me away from my most productive way to engage with prospects - the phone. How are you continuing to work your business as life gets in the way and keeps you away from your traditional activities?
Sponsored Links

Tags
balance, home based business, jewelry, silpada, time management