Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-02-2011, 01:55 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Default What would you do?

Maybe you ladies can help me with this. I used to be with Silpada about 2 years ago and my upline is still around and very active (Star leader) She pretty much has the market around here on parties etc. But, I was sort of thinking of signing up again as mostly a personal buyerto accessorize my new clothing line and to sell to my customers if they should choose and maybe have a party or 2 in between. I am also looking at Willow House-Sare Blaine jewelry.

I contacted my old upline and have told her probably 3 times that I am interested in signing back up and what my intentions are. She said that would be fine. However, I couldn't get her to respond to any questions I had regarding the new cattys etc. I get much more information from you girls and she lives in my same town!

Would I be obligated to re- sign on with her? I just don't want her to sabotage my business if I were to sign on with someone else (and actually think she might do this passively).

What would you do?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2011, 03:48 PM
WAHM Fanatic

As an upline once told me, it aint benefiting her for me to sign up as a personal shopper so she is not interested in me signing up, so I found someone else. If you are not going to be a business builder, then it shouldnt matter who you sign up with.

Also, since she pretty much cornered the market as you say, she might be just busy.
Old 07-02-2011, 05:23 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Whether I am a business builder or not, I still think she should have the where-with-all to answer a simple question. Plus,you just never know when one of those "personal buyers" will become your biggest team builder! I always treated my team members with respect regardless if they were building or not, because even the smallest of order counts toward production. Plus, what if I brought someone on who decided to be a big builder? I guess my point is, no one who wants simple information should be ignored. Anyway, it just kind of makes you not want to be on a person's team if you have to go elsewhere for information. It takes about 5 seconds to type the dates the new kits are available in an email.

Last edited by cabimom; 07-02-2011 at 05:25 PM.
Old 07-02-2011, 10:57 PM
Banned

Cabi,

You can resign with anyone you want to. I know you've been wanting to sign with Silpada off and on. If your serious about joining even if it is just to sell with your clothing line then research around for a good upline. There's some fine ladies on the forum here and I'm sure they can help you. When I signed with Silpada unfortunately the lady I signed under met with me a couple times and was and has been non existent from the start basically. I had to do it all myself and join other networking groups to get any Silpada info, I had to call corporate, I had to track down my upline people and they were busy with their own people.

Having said all of that, it IS my own business and I am ultimately responsible for my own success and I did what I did to make myself successful. I think it sucks though that people sign up other people and are not even available for a phone call or a meting or anything. I feel that if someone is going to sign up people then they should be in the mindset of coaching and being of assistance no matter what that person's personal goal is because ultimately you don't know what the final outcome will be..

Some one could sign you Cabi as a wholesale buyer persay and you could turn around and be a top line Silver leader in a year or two. You really don't know what anyone is worth or going until you begin to work with them.

If I were you I would begin interviewing potential people to sign up with and then do it.

~Kristen
Old 07-03-2011, 08:12 PM
WAHM Addict

Smile

Your past sponsor Cabimom is she maybe out of town or have you asked her this a few seperate times?
If you feel that joining as a personal buyer is what you would like to do that is fine and not a problem at all. It is one of the best things IMO about Silpada is how flexible the business is. BUT like you said what IF you do decide to do more? Then you need a sponsor that will encourage you to do all you want to do and maybe alittle more LOL. Silpada for me has been slow but not because of the company it was all me that decided to go slow. Now I am picking up and as I do my biz it there for me. Jump in ask questions and find that one gal that you seem to click with the best. You must have a good relationship with any sponsor to truly feel comfortable in any company. Like Kristen said you don't want to have to go and search for her when you need her.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:13 AM
Super WAHM

Cabimom,
Whether you are a career salesperson or a personal shopper, your upline should be supportive. My advice is the same as the other gals, find a sponsor you click with (whether they are in town or not). A good sponsor will support you, respect your goals, regardless of where you live (and honestly, with technology today, you donít need a local sponsor).
BUT, I know some great leaders, and would be more than happy to see who is in your area if you are interested. Just let me know!
Kristen, Iím sorry you didnít have a supportive upline L If you decide you want to keep doing it, let me know and Iíll send you our team meeting dates, you are always welcome to come and join us!
And of course, post any questions here! This is a great board and if we can help you, we will! Big hugs to you, Cabimom and let us know how it goes for you!
Deirdre
Old 08-24-2011, 09:21 AM
WAHM Fanatic

I'm new hear and catching up. (Love Cabi and Silpada - great combination!)

Anyway, I'm just curious what you decided to do. I have a document I display at my parties called "the 5 kinds of reps" and I welcome reps of all kinds, but sometimes get busy and have to prioritize my follow-up with people who are most likely to benefit my organization the most. This is a good experience to read about to help me remember that it's important to be responsive to every lead/customer, no matter the reason.