Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-30-2010, 09:26 AM
Banned

Default 10 Paid orders for a show?

Good Morning,

I spoke to a wonderful rep last night from Silpada and she answered all my questions great! Now I have one for the group? Or two actually.

1. How has it affected your business by having to have 10 orders to be considered a show? Personally, I feel it should go by amount not by individual orders but kind of understand the philospohy behind it. Makes the hostess work to get what she wants and not flake. But, is it working and do you feel it makes life harder than necessary?

2. This is a big one for me: Online advertising? How do you feel about not being able to sell your jewelry online via your website? Or advertising the name in social networking sites?

I just took a business seminar last month and they said social networking IE Twitter, Facebook, Linked In, etc is an absolute must for competition today. Hmm. Number one way to gain and keep clients is constant business contact and the internet make it easier.

In a way, also, after speaking to the rep I can understand the thought behind it also because I worked with another DS company 10 years ago who was the same way. They were a "belly to belly" company and it worked. However, they did eventually get with the times and now you can at least order off the consultant website.

By getting contact information before handing over the link to the catalog is smart, old school, but I get it. It requires the consultant to follow up on that lead and not just throw a catalog everywhere and throw your money away by wasting catalogs. But this is 2010, is it still working?

Why am I asking all of this? I love the jewelry, it is so beautiful. I am tied between this company and one more (whose jewelry I love also). Such a long road. I just want to decide and get over it already. I am willing to work with in the means of the business model IF it's working for you because of the quality and look of the product.

I seriously want to know if thses 2 factors have caused you more problems that financial gain. Feel free to pm me privately if you want...

I am deciding this week, want to pay in and get rolling on one of those 2 companies.

Thank you,
Kristen

Last edited by KristenB; 08-30-2010 at 04:06 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2010, 01:03 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Hi! The 10 guest orders and $500 in sales is for the hostess to get the maximum hostess credit of 30%. She can still earn free jewelry with fewer guest orders and a minimum of $300 in sales, 20% of her sales. But if she is close, say at 8, then it would be to her advantage to get 2 more orders!

It does help make the hostess work a little harder to get a good show going, especially if she is really wanting certain pieces of jewelry for FREE! I know, I've done it as a hostess!

One time I couldn't get the 10 orders and I had a $1,000 show going, but hey 20% of $1,000 is better than 0%! I still got some great stuff! At first I was like, wow this is hard, but now I look at it from a different perspective and really all I did was have a fun night with some girlfriends for free jewelry!!

And the rep still made a 30% commission! Pretty sweet deal.
Old 08-31-2010, 07:48 PM
Banned

Hi!

It really isn't that big of a deal your right. The rep I spoke with was basically saying if the hostess wants the free jewelry she has to get her orders. It's not my issue because I am still getting paid but I am coaching her for her success. I didn't see it completely that way before.

I've3 been doing alot of thinking about it...I'm meeting with my rep to see the jewelry and well maybe that will be my deciding factor. Just taking every precaution I am NOT a company jumper..want to make my home and stay in it to win it!!! I don't want to make another mistake.

Thanks
Old 08-31-2010, 08:29 PM
Super WAHM

Hi Kristen!

I'll pop in on the social media issue. You CAN use Facebook and Twitter to promote your business. There are limitations, for instance, you cannot make your Facebook Profile public. It is still a very valuable tool.

As far as online ordering, that may change in the future (at least as far as getting online orders for a party).

I have some great handouts with more details on the social media, I'd be happy to share with you. Shoot me your email and I'll send them to you if you're interested!

Good luck with your Silpada business
Old 08-31-2010, 10:22 PM
Banned

Yes my rep told me that and I kid of misunderstood that you CAN mention it on FB only if it IS private and kept to your "friends", which is cool with me because those are they only people I am really worried about hearing about my business and specials and parties etc..

I didn't know about Twitter, thank you for that.

Apologies for my misunderstanding. I spent the evenings of the last 2 nights researching the company etc.

Wonderful things being said about Silpada!

Thank you and PS love the name
Old 09-01-2010, 06:35 AM
Super WAHM

Hi Kristen!

No worries And kudos for you for doing your homework! I did the same, research, research, research before signing up!

If you have any questions that you haven't had answered, Silpada does a wonderful Business Opportunity Call the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of the month:

Second and Fourth Tuesday's
10:00 AM PST
Noon CST
1:00 PM EST

Simply dial 712-432-7505
Pin Code: 30033#

It's a live call with Silpada Corporate.

And I noticed you're in Gilbert, AZ...what a small world! I'm in Chandler, AZ We're practically neighbors!

Best wishes with your new business
Old 09-01-2010, 02:32 PM
WAHM Fanatic

When you actually see and try on this jewelry line, you are going to love it. Guarantee!
Old 09-01-2010, 07:18 PM
Banned

Cabimom, I meet with the rep tomorrow at 7. I'm super excited!! I hope it is all that I think it is...and I'm thinking it is.

Yeah!
Old 09-01-2010, 07:20 PM
Banned

Blingslinger, yes we're neighbors! I had no idea we were that close. I already have a rep too she is in Mesa. I'm excited to see this through, I am tired of the search just want to party you know~

If I like it then maybe I will see you at corporate events

Thank you for the info on the call I will remember!!
Old 09-02-2010, 07:37 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Let us know what you think Kristin! I can't wait to hear how your meeting went!