Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-31-2009, 03:37 PM
WAHM Regular

Exclamation Can you work with another DS company too?

I've been trying to figure the answer out all day. My Silpada business is at a stand still. I've had 2 parties and can't get anymore bookings. I have a couple of friends who said they would host parties for me if I sold Partylite instead. I'm not sure if I can sell both. I think I remember my rep saying that I couldn't sell another with jewelry company. Would partylite be ok because they're not directly competing?

Thanks so much in advance. If anyone could help me it would be great- this has been driving me crazy all day!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2009, 06:08 PM
Super WAHM

...and to think all I've heard from Silpada reps is how everybody is just fighting over booking parties because they all want the jewelry.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:37 PM
WAHM Regular

Oh I WISH this was me!! I just started June 30th with my starter party, so I'm really new! My first party- nobody booked off of me. I had 1 catalog party and 1 cancellation. Now I have nothing!
Old 07-31-2009, 08:27 PM
Super WAHM

I'm so sorry it's not going well for you. Not everybody has the money to buy expensive sterling silver jewelry in this economy. I'm wondering if those saying they are having all the success are really being honest. KWIM?
Old 08-01-2009, 11:13 AM
Awesome WAHM

Default of course

I think alot of these ladies are being honest. You have to realize that everyone has different experiences. Just like you can have 15 ladies and 6 of them doesn't buy. Imagine if it was the first 6 ladies you would've asked to book parties and they all said no. It's easy to think your business is doomed because of all the nos. But like they said it is all about perseverance. Last night I went to a Premier party and she did almost $1000, there were ladies there who have already had their own parties and there again, one had 2 parties. Then the consultant played this game and you can take the prize if
you want to book a party, alot of the ladies gave the prize back.
I'm pointing this to point out there are alot of ladies that will say yes, alot that will say no and alot that will change their mind, you just have to find the ones that will say yes.
I know one Silpada lady here locally,, she seems to have at least 1 to 2 parties weekly..
I"m one of those crazy ones who tend to change their mind so I may say yes , then say no other times.
I think with jewelry, ladies either love it or don't but at the same time. I think presentation also helps alot. There's also the art of persuasion like just getting your customer to see how lovely a necklace is with a shirt, combining jewelries together to get the oohs and aahs.. there's one lady here, I think doodlebug, her launch party was not good but eventually things turned around for her.
The reality is Silpada is big business, they are selling tons of it and continues to. Hang in there.
Also , I believe you can do another direct sales but when you get into manager or some leadership you can only do Silpada.
Old 08-01-2009, 11:25 AM
Awesome WAHM

Default prices

Also because Silpada does have alot of expensive pieces, it can easily hide those bunch of pieces that are under $50... I think that needs to be emphasize to people you are trying to book parties and that the hostess gifts are 30%. and of course the quality because there are lots of fashion jewelry being sold for more than $50 and ladies are buying it but if people just see all these pieces that are more than a hundred they will just say no if they don't want to spend that much. But if you can easily bring out the more inexpensive items , that may change their mind.
Old 08-01-2009, 11:45 AM
Super WAHM

Shannon, I've sent you a PM.
Old 08-01-2009, 04:40 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon82 View Post
I've been trying to figure the answer out all day. My Silpada business is at a stand still. I've had 2 parties and can't get anymore bookings.
I have been in the exact same boat, Shannon. Not one party, not one bite for at least six weeks. So, with the new Jewelry and catalogs out, I'm having an Open House at a local popular salon next week and advertising everywhere. My fingers are tightly crossed that I'll get a booking.

Also, I put the 2008-9 catalogs all over town with a flyer explaining parties and free jewelry and such. Hospital waiting rooms, salons, dentist and doctor's offices, etc etc. Sure, there are pieces in there they won't be able to get, but there are many others they can. And if they call, I'll just explain excitedly that there's a new catalog out.

Summer is hard, but school is getting close and we CAN get that booking if we work on it.

Doodles
Old 08-01-2009, 05:06 PM
Super WAHM

Wink

lani...you took the words right out of my mouth!

I had a fairly good show last night....could have been better, could have been worse. MAYBE a booking! I haven't been working too much this past month because I have a new recruit that purchased no jewelry. I've been going to all her shows with her and taking my jewelry. She's had 9 shows in 6 weeks. She's rockin' it.....unfortunately since I haven't worked MY business, everyone seems to want to wait until September to book. So far I have only 1 show coming up in Aug. Everyone is different...every area of the country is different IMO. I believe that once summer is over, people will be ready to party again and that's with any DS company. I live in Florida...the kids go back to school the end of August and my calendar is filling up for Sept and Oct.

Robin