Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-30-2009, 03:29 PM
Super WAHM

Default What is a certification fee?

I was looking at some Silpada info a lady sent me and I was wondering what is a certification fee, why is it almost 200 bucks and why is it paid every year?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2009, 12:41 PM
Super WAHM

You need to be certified every year to stay active. The certification fee is $200 but you get $100 in free jewelry. If I understand correctly, for instance, Lia Sophia has no recertification fee but charges the rep $6 per party throught the year (maybe for hostess benefits? Correct me if I'm wrong Lia gals!) I believe it is well worth it. We have a free website, advertising, training, 50 new catalogs in July, we pay no credit card fees......to name a few. Keep in mind, we have no quotas to stay active during the year.
Hope this helps!

Robin
Old 07-31-2009, 02:38 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWcandlemom View Post
I was looking at some Silpada info a lady sent me and I was wondering what is a certification fee, why is it almost 200 bucks and why is it paid every year?
I looked at that too when I was trying to be open-minded about all jewelry companies. In comparison, Morgan Dane is $99, AuraStella is $165, Inspiranza is $125 according to my latest figures. But in the end, it didn't matter once I did my detailed homework in studying all companies and their jewelry...I simply loved Silpada, and you sure get a LOT for that fee, including the free jewelry.

Doodles
Old 08-02-2009, 01:31 PM
WAHM Addict

I thought the $199 (at least at sign up) was just paperwork and the right to sell SD. ??? Or is the annual $199 where you get $100 in free jewelry?

Saw this post and made me have the question. Thanks!
Old 08-02-2009, 06:24 PM
Super WAHM

Gina....it is 199 and yes you get $100 back in jewelry.

Robin
Old 08-02-2009, 07:19 PM
WAHM Addict

OK, then it isn't clear on the sites. Maybe the renewal certification fee of $199 gives you $100 in jewelry, but not the initial cerification fee?

Here's a cut/paste from site that belongs to a rep I know (no linking embedded):

$199 Initial Certification Fee - this fee covers all the necessary learning materials to get you off to a successful start.

Enjoy as many jewelry pieces, Belts and Watches as you want at a 50 percent discount!
Old 08-03-2009, 08:54 AM
Super WAHM

Chiming in here. Yes it is $199 for the initial certification fee. BUT, once the rep holds their first qualified party (10 people and $500 in sales), they receive $200 in free jewelry. So yes, the new rep gets free jewelry too
Old 08-06-2009, 03:53 PM
Banned

Silpada is the only company I have ever seen that sends active consultants a box of brand new catalogs each season, plus new business supplies for only the cost of shipping. I think that is a big plus. Also, the starter kit is more than just paperwork. There are 50 catalogs, recruiting folders, business cards, invitations and more. Basically everything you would need to begin a business except the jewelry itself. But, I know that some will have a debut show where their sponsor brings some of their jewelry and then gives the new representative the profit and the hostess credit!
Old 09-24-2009, 08:25 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by blingslinger View Post
Chiming in here. Yes it is $199 for the initial certification fee. BUT, once the rep holds their first qualified party (10 people and $500 in sales), they receive $200 in free jewelry. So yes, the new rep gets free jewelry too

This explains why the rep I'm helping get started is saying she that ONLY 10 orders is a show! No one showed to her starter party so I said I'd invite everyone from church for her. (We didn't have a good turnout because of several issues) We have had the party open for over a week past the show now and she's been scrounging for a couple more orders because we HAVE to have 10 orders. I told her the hostess pack says we can submit with less than that -just for lower hostess rewards which is fine with me and she kept saying NO we CAN'T. I finally told her I'd place an order to get it to 10 and she could keep the hostess rewards to build her business- I'm just ready to be done with this party. But this explains why she wants a qualified party so bad. I wish she could have just been honest with me as to why the qualified party was so important to her.

Wishing all of you a fabulous holiday selling season.
Amanda
Old 09-24-2009, 09:36 AM
Super WAHM

She still shouldn't be holding the show...sounds a little selfish to me. Any time that first qualifying order is placed she'll receive the $200....it doesn't have to be HER first show. And she can earn the $3000 too within her first 100 days...it's accumulated and does not go month to month for the fast start.

Sorry, Amanda...I can understand it leaving a bad taste in your mouth.