Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-27-2011, 12:15 AM
WAHM Regular

Default MLM vs party plan

I've been a Sensaria rep for almost 3 years. Now that they're gone I'm looking into some other WAHM businesses. My director isn't looking at Shaklee because its an MLM. I know what the letters mean, but I guess I don't know how it differs from a party plan like Sensaria was.

Can someone help me compare the two? Can I still host parties with Shaklee? Can I set up a booth at an event? Can I sell products there?

I have a friend who sells Melaluca - she was told she can't sell products, only sign up new distributors, at an event. Would this be the same thing?

Last edited by *In*2*Win*; 09-21-2011 at 11:56 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2011, 10:43 AM
WAHM Addict

Wink Hi Melissa.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaC View Post
I've been a Sensaria rep for almost 3 years. Now that they're gone I'm looking into some other WAHM businesses. My director isn't looking at Shaklee because its an MLM. I know what the letters mean, but I guess I don't know how it differs from a party plan like Sensaria was.

Can someone help me compare the two? Can I still host parties with Shaklee? Can I set up a booth at an event? Can I sell products there?

I have a friend who sells Melaluca - she was told she can't sell products, only sign up new distributors, at an event. Would this be the same thing?
Thanks for coming and asking about Shaklee

Honestly, there aren't too many differences that I see except for probably the commissions and the long term pay structure of the different companies. With Shaklee the pay structure is very lucrative in the long run and as you sign up more people that want to work the business with you the pay just gets better and better. Hence the name MLM (multi-level marketing). However, the profit on selling our consumable product is great too especially the more sales you have on a monthly basis. Yes, you can definitely have Shaklee parties, sell product at booths during different events etc.

We are different from Melaleuca in the sense that we can advertise and not have to hide behind team names etc. They have very strict policies on advertising and Shaklee has some guidelines as well but not where you can't sell product or advertise.

Shaklee is a wonderful company with a rich heritage, Melissa, and the biggest reason Dr. Shaklee started our company 55 years ago was so that families could have a safer and healthier alternative to choose from in order to make a difference in the world and in the environment. I hope you'll be able to experience the "Shaklee Difference" as well!

Thanks again for coming and asking such great questions, I hope I was able to answer them for you and if not please come back and ask more we are all here to help

Take care......

Tags
melaluca, mlm, party plan, sensaria, shaklee