WAHM Forums - WAHM.com

WAHM Forums - WAHM.com (https://www.wahm.com/forum/)
-   Scentsy (https://www.wahm.com/forum/scentsy-124/)
-   -   Websites~Your Thoughts (https://www.wahm.com/forum/scentsy-124/516589-websites%7Eyour-thoughts.html)

Artist4Sale 07-18-2010 12:11 AM

Websites~Your Thoughts

Okay so I noticed alot of the "big wigs" of Scentsy, like alot of the first consultants and like Whitney Luna, have a site separate from their main Scentsy site. Now when I look at these sites, it has the SAME info that is on the Scentsy sites. Just displayed differently. So I always wondered...WHY pay the $10 Scentsy fee, then whatever monthly fee you pay to have a separate site that says the same thing? Does it really bring you more business, recruits etc? Deciding on whether to spend that extra $$$$ (when it's hard to come by sometimes) when to me seems like you are repeating what is already on your main site. AND not to mention my main scentsy site is on all my cards and labels etc.

What are your thoughts? I always thought our main sites were perfect!

Stacey

imamomagain 07-18-2010 05:33 AM

Here are my thoughts on external websites: (this is only my opinion)...
I really want to keep this as simple as I can. I agree the our personal websites are really all we need. I want to also be duplicatable. I want people to see that you CAN be successful without spending the extra money on another website. Now Team sites are different. That can be a plus. I do spend the $10 per year for a domain forward to my personal website though.

Maybe years down the road, I might change my mind. Maybe years down the road Scentsy will allow only the personal websites. Who knows? But for now, I am very happy with my Scentsy website. I want my team to see that they can do this too without extra expenses. I know there are places where you can build a website for free, but I really don't have a lot of time in my day to work on it and update it like I can my Scentsy site.

Just trying to keep it simple!

Artist4Sale 07-18-2010 08:17 AM

EXACTLY!!!! And I was so excited to hear when Whitney Luna was going to be on a training call, only to hear that her husband and her spent alot of time and money on an extra website and web advertising etc. :0( I was hoping to hear that it was mostly face to face and parties etc. Ya know..old school direct sales, lol! But then again, there was Direct Sales before the internet! ROFL!

~Stacey

JGannon 07-18-2010 03:37 PM

I agree

I totally agree with Lisa, I think you have to show your team that they can do it with the tools that Scentsy provides to us ! I also pay for a domain name, just to make it easier for my customers to find me. Maybe when I become a SuperStar Director, I might have an external site but for now, my site that Scentsy provides is working just fine.

Search4Silver 07-18-2010 08:15 PM

There is no way that a consultant can hit over $20,000 on her sales only every month (not including what her team brings) with just doing parties...!!!! If so, let me know how to do that....those are crazy numbers I see every month....so yes it takes $$$ for all that online marketing...yup! I don't have that kind of money...jajaja!

AuthenticCandleWarmers 07-19-2010 08:16 AM

You certainly don't need a separate site, but I see it as just another tool to use. I really want to attract business from outside of Texas, and it's really neat when someone calls or emails who found my website. It's very cheap to register a domain name, and hosting is only like $6/month for most hosting services.

With Wordpress and Blogger, you can create your own blog site for free! There are a lot of options to choose from and there are different ways you can attract traffic to your site. Bottom line is, if you want a separate site, you really don't have to spend a lot of money. You can spend money on ads and such, but that may not appeal to you. There are plenty of consultants who don't buy ads and do very well.