Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-02-2013, 04:48 PM
Super WAHM

Default New cancellation policy

What do you guys think of the new cancellation policy?

fter careful consideration, discussion, and input from Scentsy Family Consultants, we have decided to update our policy regarding Consultant cancellation for inactivity.

Starting April 1, 2013, a Consultant needs 150 or more points in PRV in at least one calendar-month within a contiguous three-month period. Consultants who do not meet this activity requirement will be cancelled on the first day of the fourth month. For example, if a Consultant doesn’t achieve 150 PRV points in either April, May, or June, their account will be cancelled on July 1.

If a Consultant doesn’t reach 150 PRV points for two consecutive months, in the third month, a checkmark will appear in the “Will Cancel” column in their performance report on the Workstation until 150 PRV points are earned. The 150 PRV points can come from individual customer orders, party orders, or online orders made through the Consultant’s Personal Website (PWS).

Consultant downline loss will still occur in April, May, and June. Effective July 1, 2013, any downline loss will occur at the time of account cancellation.

An FAQ on this policy is available on the Resources tab on the Workstation.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2013, 05:32 PM
WAHM Regular

Im not a fan of it. But what can you do, other than stop selling? I liked that we only had a $1 minimum to remain active. I understand the merit in it, but I chose Scentsy specifically because it didnt have a minimum to avoid cancellation.. I didn't want to have to put out my OWN $$ in order to stay a consultant if things get tough.

Disclaimer: I have zero intention of quitting Scentsy, and had this been the policy when I signed up, I would not have been terminated yet, but I also would not have signed up if this had been in effect in July.
Old 04-02-2013, 05:39 PM
WAHM Regular

I do work my business but I have 5 personal friends that are consultants and we have a lot of the same friends on facebook. done events and try very hard to get sales. I also live on a very limited income SSI & SSD. I will allow them to cancel me and concentrate on my other business.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:00 PM
Registered WAHM

I would not have joined if this was the policy. I'm sure I will hang on for a while, but will probably ultimately be terminated by the end of the year. I'm not a very big seller.
Old 04-03-2013, 05:51 AM
WAHM Veteran

Absolutely thrilled with it! And for those who joined mainly as kit collectors because that was an option, they already received a kit at 3x the value they paid and they will still make out much better being a host with the freebies and half off, than they would if they continued to order less than the $150 once every 3 and received commission on it. It's win/win for the all - for the biz builders, for those who will be better engaged in their business and for those who will now make better hosts than consultants who aren't working their biz. This was a long time coming, after an extensive amount of discussion. This will be so much better.

I don't have a problem that they tried something and it didn't work out as well as planned and recognized that and made a change. I'd rather see people try things and find a need to improve upon it, than to sit idly, doing nothing or doing status quo and not see that it's hurting, not helping.

It's a positive change!
Old 04-03-2013, 06:27 AM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAscents View Post
Absolutely thrilled with it! And for those who joined mainly as kit collectors because that was an option, they already received a kit at 3x the value they paid and they will still make out much better being a host with the freebies and half off, than they would if they continued to order less than the $150 once every 3 and received commission on it. It's win/win for the all - for the biz builders, for those who will be better engaged in their business and for those who will now make better hosts than consultants who aren't working their biz. This was a long time coming, after an extensive amount of discussion. This will be so much better.

I don't have a problem that they tried something and it didn't work out as well as planned and recognized that and made a change. I'd rather see people try things and find a need to improve upon it, than to sit idly, doing nothing or doing status quo and not see that it's hurting, not helping.

It's a positive change!
I definitely see what you're saying! And I agree, it's a great way to get rid of those types of consultants.

My issue is I've been an active consultant for the last year and really enjoy selling Scentsy. My husband is military, and we are being posted across the country. He is also away for the entire house selling fiasco so my Scentsy business will have to be put on the back burner while I try to sell and buy, in addition to taking care of my son. When I move, it will be to a new town where I don't know anyone so I will have to build up my customer base again. I'm sad that I risk losing my rights to sell Scentsy, however I've spent a lot of money building my business already and I refuse to purchase the 150 PVR myself. So from that point of view, it kind of sucks.
Old 04-03-2013, 06:49 AM
Awesome WAHM

I am thinking it will be good also. I do feel bad for those whom signed up and thought all they had to do was sell $1 in the last 6 mths to stay active...but really do not think this will hurt other then they won't be able to say "yes I'm a consultant, but dont really do anything with it so don't know to much." I have a couple of gals on my team whom I think have sold $50 or less in the last 2 years--so really what are they going to be out? I know like in Nicole's situation, that there are some exceptions...but this may also help her moving to a new location that they will need a scentsy consultant and her business will bloom
Good luck to all.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:13 AM
WAHM Regular

For the record, I do totally understand WHY they changed it back to their original policy. I also would have no problem thus far hitting that requirement, my only issue is that if the time comes that something happens and I can't sell 150 in a month for whatever reason, I would feel like all my work would be for nothing.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:39 AM
WAHM Fanatic

It does stink for those of us who don't have to work, but like to provide this on a part-time basis, like holidays. I signed up a few years ago, right after the policy change. I had put it off for years because of the policy that is in place again. I know a part-time seller is no loss to a big company like Scentsy, but it's enough off a loss to me. I just read about it this morning and hadn't had time to process it, but I think I just have and I'm pretty unimpressed.

I also don't like that they stopped emailing updates and now we have to go to the back office to read them. Makes me feel like we're not important enough for a simple email blast. You do it for your team, why can't a company do it for those making money for them?

I guess I'll go back to the idea of making my own products for the people who buy from me.
Old 04-03-2013, 04:43 PM
WAHM Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScentingChicago View Post
, my only issue is that if the time comes that something happens and I can't sell 150 in a month for whatever reason, I would feel like all my work would be for nothing.
That's why you don't have to do 150 every month. They know that 'life happens' - so they give you 3 months to get the bare bones minimum for one party in. Since consultants started a business when they join if they're not able to work it extremely part time and just do 150 once every 90 days, then they really are better equipped to be a host and earn free and half off items.